Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in reference to the characters in the Stearns Truth Tapes.

Again all from Paynesville.. I wonder who the sister dated,if anyone during the Wetterling kidnap, she lived within blocks. I think a lot of the story is a lie but I also believe there is some truth wound into every lie.

Stearns Truth Tapes are from the bailbondswoman, right? I'd like to know what Jewelia thinks about DJH.

I think the idea of some fancy conspriracy is out the window if it is DJH. He seems to be a loner and has done brazen crimes himself. I cannot see any reason for a cover up of this person who is like the Wizard in Wizard of Oz.
It seemed like the perp had to be a master criminal to fool so many people. It turns out that the man behind the curtain is a little pathetic man probably. It sounds like a seriously psychologically disturbed person if he is talking to himself.

I thought this was an interesting ad placement in today’s paper. The article by David Unze on Heinrich and Hart (which ELOC linked to earlier) begins on pg. 1 of the St. Cloud Times and concludes on pg. 6A. The entire bottom half of 6A is filled with this ad…

priests.jpg

http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/priests.jpg

I am as confused as others as to why the links were not made. However, I am aware that we are using much more complicated thinking and linking than cases had back in those days. Sexual assault, especially of male children, was not something that police felt comfortable pursuing.

In the 1980's I volunteered for a rape crisis center. I was astounded at the lack of skill, language, and fortitude displayed by the police in my area just outside of NYC. It was the Jennifer Levin and Central Park jogger cases (1986, 1989 respectively) that began a slow evolution in more populous areas. The police training was resisted in my area. And, there was little discussion of assaults against boys, which was even more uncomfortable.

One thing I never understood about these " groups " of sickos is, it's a certain sad and SICK mentality to molest a child to begin with. ( to say the very least & put it as NICELY as I can HERE ) But to PASS children around and let it be known to one another with seemingly no shame what a sad sack of crap you are, is beyond anything my mind can comprehend.
I thought this was an interesting ad placement in today’s paper. The article by David Unze on Heinrich and Hart (which ELOC linked to earlier) begins on pg. 1 of the St. Cloud Times and concludes on pg. 6A. The entire bottom half of 6A is filled with this ad…

priests.jpg

http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/priests.jpg

Brothers may have worked together, possible anyway. In regards to the sketches, do any resemble DJH brother from back then? Just curious.
I've always wondered if the first car DR saw pulled in around the time Jacob and his father came home from hockey practice. I think that would definitely reinforce the belief that Jacob was stalked, and possibly even followed from the hockey rink. Obviously, DJH is a stalker based on the videos found and the police report of him following paperboys. Maybe DJH (or whoever took Jacob) saw a dead-end sign on the street when he was following the Wetterlings, so he turned around?

What time did Jacob and Jerry come home, and what time did DR see the first car pull around? The only problem I see with that is there being two different cars, and the distance between Paynesville and St. Joseph. Could DJH have pulled around, went home to Paynesville to switch cars, then come back? That may discount the possible sighting by the couple at Tom Thumb earlier in the evening. Maybe this was a crime committed with multiple perps (DJH's brother, Duane Hart), as some have suggested, and the tan Buick was close by (Tom Thumb?) with the other perp.

UNLESS, ( and it has been tossed around before here on WS )
The Radio/Walkie Talkie he had, picked up the phone call the boys made asking to go to the Video Store? It's a stretch, I know. However I've learned anything is possible with regard to this case.
Even if he was stalking them during the day, he wouldn't know they'd ride their bikes to Tom Thumb that night, so he had no reason to switch cars and come back after dark...

Not to mention Jacobs father was THE local Chiropractor.
I think it would have been very easy to figure out where JAcob lived. He had his last name on the shirt he was wearing all day. All he would have needed was a phone book. I don't think there are many Wetterlings in that area. There would have been a pay phone in Tom Thumb, with a phone book "tied down" in the booth. I wonder if he was near the pay phone.

I wonder if he ever asked Jared what his name was. That may have been why he asked if he recognized him. DJH would certainly recognized the last name, after all Jared's parents grew up in Paynesville. I am sure Jared's parents probably knew who DJH is.

Who is in favor of waterboarding techniques, lie detector testing, and hypnotizing this person?

UNLESS, ( and it has been tossed around before here on WS )
The Radio/Walkie Talkie he had, picked up the phone call the boys made asking to go to the Video Store? It's a stretch, I know. However I've learned anything is possible with regard to this case.

Wow! That sounds just about right. I bet the scanner was More for picking out victims than avoiding a speeding ticket. Good THinking! Has LE discussed this?

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Heinrich had lots of scanners and I'm sure he enjoyed listening in and seeing how he could use it to his advantage. Very creepy.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Heinrich had lots of scanners and I'm sure he enjoyed listening in and seeing how he could use it to his advantage. Very creepy.
It's definitely a possibility. Does the National Guard give their members scanners that they're allowed to take home with them? If so, are their scanners more high tech then the average ones you can buy? Maybe the scanner DJH had allowed him access to more frequencies?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Exactly, I know that now in this age many frequencies are encrypted and the general public does not have access. That being said, years ago this was not the case.

Back then you could for sure hear police, fire and ambulance on a scanner.

The earlier scanners had individual crystals for each frequency. Depending on the make and model, they ranges from a couple of frequencies upwards to around six. Later scanners were programmable and could scan dozens, including the cell phone frequencies. If one knew what the mobile phone frequencies were back in the 70's, you could get a crystal set for that frequency and pop it into your scanner. The electronics stores had regional manuals you could purchase with all the frequencies listed and who used them.

The military did not generally have hand held scanners for soldiers and MP's. The signals and intel units had very sophisticated equipment, but it was rather large and set up in a vehicle.

In the early days, if you wanted to monitor a number of frequencies, you needed multiple scanners.

I think the Wetterlings most likely had a land line, and I don't *think* land lines are picked up by scanners (if someone knows otherwise, please correct me). Wireless and cordless phones can be picked up by scanners, but no one had wireless back then. What are the chances the Wetterlings had a cordless phone? Probably not likely. I can't remember when cordless phones (still land lines, not cell) first got popular. Early 90's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆