Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

OMG! I am exhausted because of this case. You are absolutely correct. He would have been 17 or 18 in 1983. It was 30 years ago. I feel soooooooooooo stoooooooooooooooopid.

BTW, I graduated at 17, too. :)

Thanks for reminding me it was 30 years ago....

My youngest started high school today.

Here is something else to consider. If he grew up in Washington, then he was very aware of the Green River Killer. Did that influence him? Maybe the way to find these girls is to look where Ridgway would have gone.

The First thing I thought of and Ted Bundy had a run through the State of Washington, too.

OMG! I am exhausted because of this case. You are absolutely correct. He would have been 17 or 18 in 1983. It was 30 years ago. I feel soooooooooooo stoooooooooooooooopid.

BTW, I graduated at 17, too. :)

Me, too. But quite a few years earlier :D

Don't feel stupid -- it's hard to keep track of all the dates and people. And I'm the one who misread your edits in the list as being the wrong name. Egad.

Maybe we'd both better go get some sleep :p

Virginia Beach has charges for statutory burglary and grand larceny. Guilty plea on 5/24/93.

I checked Oak Harbor Court records... nothing in Juvenile, Probate, or Criminal.

ETA: Checked all of Washington State Court system; nothing

Checked Santa Rosa CA court: nothing

What if RAT is an SK but never wanted to be known as the Highway 29 killer. What if he wanted to be know as the James River Killer? It's nearby. I hope they've looked there.

If he was in the Navy, records might be in military Court. I don't know how to check those. Maybe a Military person here does.

If he was in the Navy, records might be in military Court. I don't know how to check those. Maybe a Military person here does.

Call Gibbs...send Tony to my house :0

Nothing in Suffolk, Hampton, Portsmouth, Norfolk, unless he also went by (edited bc I was wrong.)

I keep wondering about the 55 and the backward fives...gotta go do some research on that, now. UGH!

I don't think so. On NG I caught a glimpse of his records that she flashed on the screen... he has an assault & battery from 1986..but maybe a short one.

The NG repeat should be on in a bit... I'll try to stay awake

Nothing in Suffolk, Hampton, Portsmouth, Norfolk, unless he also went by Randy B Taylor.

When it all comes out, I wouldn't be surprised because "B" would be another little snubbing the nose at the system...another little hint.

Yes, thank you, I forgot Portsmouth.

Here is another of my theories. Tidewater is where he ended up doing time. I think he got the heck outta there but went back and forth leaving bodies along I-64. IMO, he wanted to terrorize the region to spite the area that caught him.

Oak Harbor Navy Hospital is next to the Naval Ocean Processing Facility Whidbey Island. This is a facility that does undersea surveillance. Submarines, right?

There is a Naval Air Station there also. Bangor has the nuclear subs- ? as to what ports at Oak Harbor.

When it all comes out, I wouldn't be surprised because "B" would be another little snubbing the nose at the system...another little hint.

Yes, thank you, I forgot Portsmouth.

Here is another of my theories. Tidewater is where he ended up doing time. I think he got the heck outta there but went back and forth leaving bodies along I-64. IMO, he wanted to terrorize the region to spite the area that caught him.

RBT was a busy guy in a couple of those cities, but he is probably someone else.

Did a little research, and it's a different person, so forget RBT.

There is a Naval Air Station there also. Bangor has the nuclear subs- ? as to what ports at Oak Harbor.

I'm referring to when he was born, though. So who knows what what was located where back then. It's possible that the navy hospital and the place I mentioned wasn't even open when he was born. In any case, I'd bet the house on his father being in the Navy. He likely relocated to Virginia with his family or joined the Navy like dad.

I suggested a possible Navy connection earlier tonight on the previous thread. My reasoning was, he suddenly starts popping up in the Virginia Judicial System with a Norfolk address (Norfolk Naval Base?)in his late 20's and has not stopped showing up since. No record of him in Virginia system prior to that time.
I mentioned the Colonial Parkway murders (may not be related at all) the Cheatham Annex Naval Weapons Station is located along the Colonial Parkway in Yorktown, minutes from where 2 of the murders happened and 2 additional disappearances occurred.
2 other murders related to the Parkway killings happened occurred directly across the James River Bridge from the Newport News Shipbuilding facility where the Naval aircraft carriers and subs are built and refueled.
Promise not to keep bringing those up each time, but if RAT was in the Navy I feel it's worth a second look.

A few other things to mention...

Someone said there were specific knots used in one or more murders. I don't recall at all which they were. Also, I read an article (wish I had a clue how I found it) that suggested investigators found similarities between one of the couple killings and the killing of two female hikers. That's the best description i can provide for now. I believe the article referred to similarities in how they were killed.

I agree with bringing it up. The Colonial Parkway and the Rt29 cases have far too much in common to suggests that they wouldn't be connected and I-64 goes directly to C-ville.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back