Suspect: RYAN ALEXANDER DUKE, in custody

I just find it strange that we are not seeing the news interview family, friends, or local people asking about this guy. They made a big deal of having a televised press conference saying he was charged and arrested and then absolutely nothing else.

I think it's because of the gag order placed on this case by a judge recently after Ryan's arrest. The only new info that has been allowed to be shared after that was related to Bo's arrest and the gag order was mentioned again in articles seeming to indicate that they wouldn't be discussing much beyond that.

woops..edited to add the quote/post I was responding to...

Another good episode on the podcast tonight. Cliffhanger brings us back to the "black truck" once again. Bo Dukes sounds more & more shady with every interview. I figured people involved in her disappearance were listening to the podcast. They have to stay close to the story to know if they are safe or not. With that comment by the GBI investigator to the news crew, I'm more intrigued by the potential of more suspects.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I haven't listened to any podcasts yet. But, this also makes me wonder if some of these suspects or their people (so to speak) had involvement over the years in trying to connect the black truck to HD and the other attempts at swaying attention to other potential suspects. The internet discussion on this was so often deeply divided with people being in various camps on who they thought or were trying to suggest had been involved. Very interesting, for sure.

Someone mentioned interesting things can be found on FB about Duke....What kind of interesting things?

PDF released.
Revised court order
Download available here.
[video=twitter;845381335002820610]https://twitter.com/PhilHollowayEsq/status/845381335002820610[/video]

:bump: up this thread - wondering "when" Ryan will be back in court?

Anyone happen to know?

TIA!

Is there a reason why, after so many years of no news, the boards on Tara's case here are so silent? The gag order doesn't apply to case posters. :)

I've asked this in another section and am going to ask in a slightly different way on Ryan Duke's thread:
IF Ryan Duke is as sick as his family grudgingly admitted to Payne on the UAV podcast last episode or next to last, not sure as I listened to both the same night, then is he expected to plead out, to be medically stable to go to prison, to serve at least most of his sentence?

He is sick, medically sick. ( in addition to other types of " sickness", I presume). I don't know if his family is telling all they know about the onset and course of his illness, but he appears to have almost destroyed his body with substance abuse.

Keeping his likely short natural lifespan in mind---Is there any chance that Bo ( via his family) offered Ryan and his family a ton of money for Ryan to take the fall for Bo? If Ryan was sick when the story finally came to light, who's to say that Bo didn't set it all up with Ryan taking the fall? IOW, Ryan may know his days are numbered anyway and maybe he wanted some shiny things and upgrades for his mom and so forth, thus is the fall guy for the much- better connected and monied Bo Dykes.

Is it possible to switch the two in the scenario and make it work? I don't think there is any direct evidence we know of that links Ryan to the murder, is there? Whereas the body was burned on Bo Dukes' relatives pecan orchard, according to Payne's podcast and the " rumors in these parts for over a decade".

Bo has been the subject of the small town talk, not Ryan. Bo's girlfriend is all over this and after 12 years, finally got HER mother to lead the GBI to the orchard, to Bo, to Ryan.
Is Bo the one who was stalking Tara and killed her, and Ryan is taking the fall?
If not, why do I feel so strongly that Bo is more than " a witness and possible participant in the burning"?

I’ve always wondered that exact same thing & wondered if Ryan has medical insurance, if not at least in jail he’d get some type of medical attention for his illnesses & then burial & it’d all be paid for by the state. If he knew he didn’t have long to live, why not take the fall & help his family out, I mean it Do isn’t sound like Ryan was working at the time of his arrest so....

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I’ve always wondered that exact same thing & wondered if Ryan has medical insurance, if not at least in jail he’d get some type of medical attention for his illnesses & then burial & it’d all be paid for by the state. If he knew he didn’t have long to live, why not take the fall & help his family out, I mean it Do isn’t sound like Ryan was working at the time of his arrest so....

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

Thank you so much for the very kind and considerate reply. I posted often on this case for years, but people got really " polarized" at times, and an objective discussion was impossible for. well, years.
I didn't really know what I would be " coming back to", but this is a whole different WS atmosphere.

I have always. always believed 100% that she fought and died in her house. No one believed me because they couldn't stand the thought of someone she knew being that violent and depraved. I don't know where some of those posters are now, but the truth of what happened in that house has to be much worse than is being said, and to me, it points to a strong man, a healthy strong and strong- willed man.

Bo was the leader, and everyone always says that Ryan was a follower.
I do not want to give a defense attorney an argument for reasonable doubt. but I am not at all sure Ryan was the killer. I think he saw and participated in horrible acts in the pecan orchard, but Bo seems to be the one with the connections to LE. I have always thought the killer was protected by LE, and I didn't know why.
It's his family's money and influence and political power.
That's never wavered, not in 12 years.

Ryan's circumstances of living have changed drastically. It's like he's tried to kill himself-- that's how I see it as a nurse. I have seen this happen a few times with very young adults or teens who had the feeling of " no way out" of their circumstances. It's a mental and spiritual death and a dire physical torment and self- harm over a long period of time for a 32 year old to be so chronically ill, and his family states that he did it to himself. That no one else caused any injury, but he did it with substance abuse.

I held a former classmate and cheerleader in my arms as she died from multiple organ failure at the age of 21. I saw what substance abuse can do to a very healthy young body in just a few years. When she finally passed away, she was the color of a pumpkin ( liver failure) and all the major organ systems had lab and output values which had slowly deteriorated to the point of ' no return". We could not save her. I've never forgotten and if I'm not extremely off course, I believe this is what we are seeing with Ryan, but NOT at ALL with Bo.

My young friend was not guilty of any crimes, she simply was a friendly pretty girl who married badly, got mixed up with her husband's crowd as a teenager, and destroyed her body to the point of death without meaning to.
I believe both Ryan and my patient/ friend had been to detox, and rehab. but there are some combos of drugs and alcohol which WILL destroy liver function in most people.

The complexity of how liver function is destroyed is that in many cases, accidental overdoses of Acetaminophen in oral opioid combo drugs ( from Vicodan to almost every other opioid which is commonly ingested with large amounts of alcohol ) is the senseless and almost unnoticed progressive liver failure caused by the mixture, not the hard core illegal drugs like heroin or meth.
It is so hard to believe, but in at least many cases, it's NOT a huge mixture of every possible drug the person can use to dull their emotions with, but with many organ system collapses which lead to death, involving young adults particularly, Acetaminophen is extremely hepatotoxic ( damaging or destroying to the liver) with excess alcohol intake concurrently.

The more I think about who benefits for the longest period of time, and who has the money to buy freedom, the more I think the sick dude and his relatively poor family is being paid now to take the fall for a relatively wealthy family's beloved " good son".

Bottom line of this tragedy of injustice:
Tara never had a chance, and we likely will never know the WHY of it all, because as it is told now, it makes absolutely NO sense at all. ( not that homicides make sense, but most should understand what I mean).

I wish the whole truth would be told, from start to the actions in the pecan grove.Tara's family and all who have honestly worked on this case in LE deserve to know the entire truth and the motives of at least one murderer. ( I still do not rule out more than one male being in the residence after the BBQ).

I think they were both in on it from day one. Ryan has kept his mouth shut, Bo hasn't.

Anyone know "what" happened with this Grand Jury hearing??

Tuesday, October 24th:
*Grand Jury Hearing re media gag order - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005) - Ryan Alexander Duke (33/21 @ time of crime) accused & indicted April 2017 by Irwin Cnty GJ of murder /pled not guilty/expecting new charges to come. Accomplice Bo Dukes in Sept. GJ: Wilcox County indictment says Bo Dukes lied to a Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigator who questioned him last year-charged four new counts -- two counts of making false statements, one count of hindering apprehension of a criminal and one count of concealing the death of another & tampering with evidence/In June, a Ben Hill County grand jury indicted Dukes on similar charges. 10/13 hearing update for Ryan Duke: will go to grand jury re media gag order on Oct. 24th
The supreme court is expected to hear 20 minutes of arguments from each side, but it is not expected to rule on the case Tuesday.
The Georgia Supreme Court has until March 16, 2018 to rule on whether to keep or remove gag order

TIA! :wave:

Has Tara Grinstead been moved to the murder section or something? I haven't seen any discussion since October in the most recent threads.

Grinstead murder suspect's lawyers may appeal gag order ruling to US Supreme Court

The lawyers for Ryan Duke are appealing the Georgia Supreme Court's unanimous decision to remove the gag order.
http://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...order-ruling-to-us-supreme-court/93-526925715

On Monday, the Georgia Supreme Court judge threw out a gag order, issued last year by an Irwin County judge, that barred anybody connected to the Grinstead case from talking to the media about it.
[.....]
In response, Duke's lawyers filed three documents Wednesday with the Georgia Supreme Court.

One asks the Georgia court to reconsider their unanimous ruling against the gag order.

If they refuse, a second says, Duke's team plans to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Grinstead ruling.

They also want the Georgia court to leave the gag order in place until the nation's highest court acts on the case.
[.....]
No trial date has been set.

And I have this for:
Friday, March 16th:
*Grand Jury Hearing re media gag order - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005) - Ryan Alexander Duke (33/21 @ time of crime) accused of murder, indicted April 2017 by Irwin County GJ; pled not guilty; expecting new charges to come.
10/13 hearing update for Ryan Duke: will go to grand jury re media gag order on Oct. 24th; not expected to rule on this on Tuesday; Court to rule by March 16th; Trial should be this year.
Court ruled to lift gag order; defense filed motions to keep it.
Accomplice Bo Dukes in Sept. GJ: Wilcox County indictment says Bo Dukes lied to a Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigator who questioned him last year-charged four new counts -- two counts of making false statements, one count of hindering apprehension of a criminal and one count of concealing the death of another & tampering with evidence. In June, a Ben Hill County grand jury indicted Dukes on similar charges.

:bump:

Friday, March 16th:
*Hearing re media gag order - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005) - Ryan Alexander Duke (33/21 @ time of crime) accused of murder, indicted April 2017 by Irwin County GJ; pled not guilty; expecting new charges to come. 10/13/17 hearing update for Ryan Duke: will go to grand jury re media gag order on Oct. 24th; not expected to rule on this on Tuesday; Court ruled against the gag order 3/5/18; defense filed motions to reinstate. Trial should be this year.
On Monday, (March 5, 2018) the Georgia Supreme Court judge threw out a gag order, issued last year by an Irwin County judge, that barred anybody connected to the Grinstead case from talking to the media about it. In response, Duke's lawyers filed three documents Wednesday with the Georgia Supreme Court. One asks the Georgia court to reconsider their unanimous ruling against the gag order. If they refuse, a second says, Duke's team plans to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Grinstead ruling. They also want the Georgia court to leave the gag order in place until the nation's highest court acts on the case.
Accomplice Bo Dukes: In June, 2017, a Ben Hill County grand jury indicted Dukes on 3 counts: concealing the death of another, 2 counts of making false statements, tampering with evidence & hindering apprehension of a criminal. In Sept. 2017, a Wilcox County GJ indicted for 4 charges: 2 counts making false statements (to GBI), 1 count of hindering apprehension of a criminal & 1 count of concealing the death of another. No new dates set as of 3/9. Dukes has not been charged with murder.

Anyone have a link to court dockets on Ryan Duke and Bo Dukes.
Duke is in Irwin County
Dukes is indicted in Wilcox County and Ben Hill County.

Anyone find any updates on the hearing re gag order?

EllaMae - thanks for the articles, but they are all dated March 5th. Any news on if the Defense motion to reinstate gag order?

TIA!

In post #96 I post where these two are - can anyone look them up and see what the next court dates might be? I get blocked in Europe on some court sites!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back