GUILTY Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Trials' started by gregjrichards, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

No, this is political terrorism. The motive was political. Trying to deny the facts does nothing but make the issue worse

2. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

That's what I said.

bluesneakers likes this.
  3. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Well try not to confuse what I said.

4. HoneyWest

HoneyWest Well-Known Member

I'm not as quick to believe Cesar Sayoc is "out to lunch". Criminal? Yes. The man made assassination attempts on two ex-Presidents! That doesn't necessarily mean he's mentally ill.

5. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Interesting. I disagree with your "right wing = out of touch" assessment, but an interesting viewpoint to share here.

6. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

That's why I wanted Wagtales to answer the question. So I could understand better.

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

There's absolutely no reason to think the suspected MAGA bomber has a mental illness, but stigma is alive and well.

human, Keane, Betty P and 8 others like this.
  8. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Closing thread to clean up.

MaryNo, kimpage, monkey222 and 4 others like this.
  9. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Suspect who mailed explosive devices to Trump critics pleads guilty, avoids trial

The Florida man charged with mailing explosive devices to critics of President Donald Trump pleaded guilty Thursday before a federal judge in New York.

Cesar Sayoc Jr. was scheduled to go on trial this summer on charges including interstate transport of explosive devices, illegal mailing of explosives, threatening former presidents and assaulting federal officers. Sayoc was facing up to 58 years in prison.

human, BUF, dotr and 2 others like this.
  10. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

'They were never meant to work or hurt anybody': 'MAGA bomber' writes to judge | Daily Mail Online

Cesar Sayoc, 57, wrote a note to the judge in New York to clarify his position having answered yes to a question during his plea hearing over whether he knew his devices would hurt his targets.

In his letter Sayoc claims: 'In my heart I wanted to say no.' He added: 'I answered under extreme emotional circumstances.'

Sayoc's letter from March 23 to U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff was made public Tuesday and will impact Sayoc's guilty plea he entered two weeks ago regarding the October 2018 mailings.

In an order, Rakoff gave lawyers a week to comment.

During the plea proceedings two weeks ago, Rakoff asked Sayoc if he knew the devices would hurt anyone.

In his handwritten letter, Sayoc said his lawyer told him to say yes.

He said he was returned to the Metropolitan Correctional Center, where he reconsidered his answer.

'I realized that it was the wrong thing to say, because under no circumstances my intent was to hurt or harm anyone. The intention was to only intimidate and scare,' he wrote.

Sayoc faces life in prison at sentencing on September 12 after pleading guilty to various explosives-related crimes in a deal with prosecutors.

[...]

dotr likes this.
  11. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

Terrorism like this deserves death pentalty.

human likes this.
  12. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

https://nypost.com/2019/04/23/maga-bomber-sayoc-compares-first-trump-rally-to-new-found-fun-drug/

The man who mailed homemade pipe bombs to media outlets and critics of President Trump said in a rambling letter to a federal judge that attending his first rally for the president was like a “new found fun drug.”

Cesar Sayoc, 57, who faces 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to sending the crude explosives, also claimed in the letter made public on Tuesday that he has abused steroids for more than 40 years.

Sayoc wrote that he was not politically-involved until “Donald J. Trump popped up” while he was searching Facebook one day.

“I was getting so wrapped up in this new found fun drug,” he said in one handwritten letter about attending a 2016 rally for Trump’s presidential campaign.

He now calls politics “dirty, ruthless, deadly.”

“It is a poison,” the man wrote. “It will drive you crazy like it or not.”

13. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

He admits who and where he was radicalized. Very important, very telling. There seems to be more and more and more and more people with the same story hitting the news with their violence. The Maga bomber, The white supremecist coast guard, parkland shooter, MAGA sword attacker, Christchurch shooter, The charlottesville murdering nazi, Maga man attacking BBC cameraman.

Why nothing.