GUILTY Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Trials' started by gregjrichards, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Fairy1

Fairy1 VOTE!!!

It should also be noted that anyone stupid enough to send such devices through the mail may also not be bright enough to realize they would never reach their intended targets.

kimpage, abams, EuTuCroquet? and 5 others like this.
  2. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Just noting that his account isn’t verified, he doesn’t appear to be currently working as a journalist, doesn’t appear to be reporting on this story specifically, and is sharing his opinion.

Not that he is is accurate or innacurate or whatever — I honestly don’t know — it just isn’t independently verified at this point in time. Looks to be his opinion. Which is fine.

Keane, abams, dienermom and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dr. Benway

Dr. Benway Former Member

Find the paymaster.

x_files likes this.
  4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I agree. But it's a cipher.

Threatening piece, deliberate choice of recipients, deliberate packaging, possibly not actually dangerous (has that been determined for all? Not yet, right?). And, as you said, elaborate.

This took time to plan out (and to plan the "mistakes" on the addresses as I have a hunch the person knew perfectly well how to spell the names, etc.)

jmo

5. jessarox

jessarox Well-Known Member

So far, all of the packages have had printed addresses and 6 stamps. 6 stamps is only $3 which is less than *any* First class package costs (at retail cost, if you buy online at somewhere like PayPal or Stamps.com, you can ship light packages for <$3). So I don't think any of them went through the post office unless carriers and clerks both dropped the ball on checking that the package had enough postage for the weight. The package that CNN received was delivered via courier according to this article.

Also, the printed addresses might help find the culprit because apparently, some household printers print hidden tracking code on every page printed. Kinda neat.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/household-printers-tracking-code/

The stamps may be another red herring, the culprit may be hoping to put some blame on USPS for "delivering" these packages even when they aren't.

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

ABOUT PAUL SPERRY

Paul Sperry is a Washington-based investigative journalist and Hoover Institution media fellow who has broken a number of national stories on the war on terrorism.

His articles have appeared in the New York Post, Investor's Business Daily, Wall Street Journal, Houston Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, The American Conservative, Reason, The American Spectator, WorldNetDaily, D Magazine, and other publications.

Author of the blockbuster book Crude Politics--cited by Investigative Reporters and Editors Inc as a top investigative book of 2003--Sperry has made regular appearances on Fox News, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, and other national media outlets.

Tillicum, CoolJ and Inthedetails like this.
  7. Inthedetails

Good catch.

I didn't check when I read the post, which is sloppy, especially on a sensitive thread. Need to keep eyes open, level head.

jmo

Keane, EuTuCroquet? and bluesneakers like this.
  8. EuTuCroquet?

All of them were? Has this been verified by LE or the FBI?

From what I’ve read, the FBI said only one was sent to the wrong address. Stories like this one can update quickly, though.

9. Inthedetails

Thanks for the info.

jmo

10. Inthedetails

So true. I've already noticed the story has changed (as in updated with current info) from just a couple of hours ago. This will be a story to keep an eye on.

When I pulled up twitter, every single trending topic had to do with this, though under different tags. I don't think I've ever seen that before. (This was for my particular city trends, which is major east coast city.)

jmo

kimlynn and EuTuCroquet? like this.
  11. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

Would it be obvious to a child? This is so dangerous. Anyone could have come into contact with these packages.
    I think the one to Soros actually made it to his mailbox. So not as obvious as you think?
    As a person that has a mail carrier in my immediate family....I'm concerned. IMO

Keane, Spellbound, kimpage and 5 others like this.
  12. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

Read the guy's tweets. Enough said.

kimpage, abams, dienermom and 2 others like this.
  13. EuTuCroquet?

I KNOW WHO HE IS.

His bio doesn’t change the facts of my prior post.

What you just posted doesn’t change the facts that the account you linked is unverified, he doesn’t appear to be working as a reporter at this time, and he doesn’t appear to be directly involved in reporting on this story.

Which is why I said he’s sharing his opinion.

Lordy. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

Keane, kimpage, abams and 3 others like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Let's agree to use "verified" sources, which on twitter is the blue check. That way we can avoid tangent discussions about the source. There are plenty of solid sources, MSM, LE.

Not telling people how to post, of course. Do whatever you want.

jmo

15. EuTuCroquet?

I agree. IMO, this is why the FBI advised everyone to use an abundance of caution and to report anything that looked suspicious in any way.

Maybe the bombs were crafted with plastic as to reduce the likelihood of them being detected while in transport to their targets.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Keane, kimpage, dienermom and 2 others like this.
  16. katydid23

From what I read, none of them had enough postage. And the contents would have been easily seen as dangerous if checked in a cursory way. Which is why most were instantly detected.

I don't think any of them were expected to be detonated or even making it to their destinations. JMO IMO

Why would a republican send these out 7 days before the midterms? Would they want this political blowback, 24/7? I don't think so.

There is only one political party that is benefitting from this October surprise right now. JMO

Tillicum, CoolJ and Gardenista like this.
  17. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

He has a clear bias and personal agenda. I don’t trust him.

kimpage, abams, dienermom and 2 others like this.
  18. katydid23

Exactly. The bolded portion above is what makes me very suspicious. Could this have been done by someone who wanted the GOP to be seen in a very bad light, 1 week before midterm elections?

Gardenista likes this.
  19. EuTuCroquet?

I don’t see anyone claiming “a Republican” did this. I also don’t see LE or anyone else saying “a Democrat” did this.

A CRIMINAL DID THIS.

Keane, kimpage, Fairy1 and 3 others like this.
  20. katydid23

Well, let's be honest. The obvious inference is that a right wing criminal did this. Isn't that the whole point of mailing out bombs to the top Democrats?