Suspicious device investigated by FBI-Downtown Louisville KY

fred&edna

Reaction score

A suspicious item that was found in downtown Louisville has been removed and now the FBI will investigate.

Around noon, LMPD's Hazardous Incident Response Team truck arrived. WLKY's Mark Vanderhoff saw someone in a hazmat suit and then the blast suit over that.

When asked if they knew of a target, Shields said she was not at liberty to discuss that.

Out of an abundance of caution, LMPD’s Recruit Graduation that was scheduled for Metro Hall, which is in the area, is being rescheduled, and an abbreviated ceremony is taking place.

Police responded around 8:15 a.m. on Friday and found a device which they said appeared to be a pipe with wires coming out of it.

I hope you are right.
We are struggling with law and order these days.
Remember the days in highschool when bomb threats meant an hour outside in nice weather? Never had a threat when it rained!

Now it's a very different world.

I hope I'm right, too. Or maybe it's just my hopeful thinking. (Yes, I remember those "old" bomb threat school days... I had no idea the world would change so drastically for us :()

I hope I'm right, too. Or maybe it's just my hopeful thinking. (Yes, I remember those "old" bomb threat school days... I had no idea the world would change so drastically for us :()
I know. My grandmother didn't have a phone or running water. Tricky Dick resigned rather than be impeached. Screens were only on TV's. People dis cussed platforms of politicians. Teenagers hunted game and not children. Assault rifles weren't owned by civilians. We ate supper together. Sundays were for church, Sunday dinner and long country drives. Reruns we're on the TV in summer so we canned and froze vegetables and played outside. We waved at the neighbors driving by..

Very different. I'm glad I'm old.

I know. My grandmother didn't have a phone or running water. Tricky Dick resigned rather than be impeached. Screens were only on TV's. People dis cussed platforms of politicians. Teenagers hunted game and not children. Assault rifles weren't owned by civilians. We ate supper together. Sundays were for church, Sunday dinner and long country drives. Reruns we're on the TV in summer so we canned and froze vegetables and played outside. We waved at the neighbors driving by..

Very different. I'm glad I'm old.

Yes, all of this.

3 channels on the TV plus UHF some places was plenty.

Politics? IIRC, both major parties wanted a steady job for every man (and yes later expanded to man & woman!) Only differed on how to create/cause those jobs to exist....

Police officers were "Sir." Teachers were "Ma'am" or "Sir."

An appointment time -- was an appointment time.

We've given up so much....

jmho ymmv lrr

SBM

Sep. 04, 2022
A Kentucky man has been charged with terroristic threatening in connection to an “explosive device hoax” in downtown Louisville, according to Louisville Metro Police.

Jimmy Smith Jr., 49, ... [snip] Smith was taken into custody on an active Kentucky arrest warrant for non-compliance with the Kentucky Sex Offender Registry. [snip] Smith appeared in court on Saturday, where a judge set his bond for $100,000. He will be due back in court on Sept. 12.

SZF6LVQFO5EZ5IG5WAQJL5PHFQ.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back