"Swamp People" star Mitchell Guist dies in Louisiana's Belle River

Yes , he and his brother were extremely close and lived together in a house in the boonies that had been their grandparents. They lived a simple life of mostly living off the land and drinking beer and chasing gators, squirrels and other things they love to hunt and eat. I thought they were the most amusing pair of brothers, 2 of the last of a dying breed of hardcore Cajuns.
What I loved about them was their obvious pleasure in their simple life, not having much but not feeling they needed anything that they couldn't get themselves. They didn't depend on the gov't for anything. They were self sufficient and living a life free of stress and all of the drama that 95% of people have. I would love to live on the bayou like that but I don;t like snakes and Mr. Swamp and I are well settled on land but close to water.
If the world would collapse tomorrow with no electricity, phones, computers etc and money lost value, they would have risen to the top as those who would be living the best, while bankers, rappers, divas, and others who are the 1% now would all die off quickly.
The brothers were so close that most people just referred to them as GlennMitchell since they were pretty much inseperable. They made a cute couple and were fun to watch interact with each other. I feel so bad for Glenn, he must be devastated to lose his brother and best friend. I hope he can take comfort in the fact that The TV show showed what a wonderful relationship they had and captured many of their moments together. I cant imagine they would have had many pictures of each other or together if not for the TV show.
RIP Mitchell, you were a pleasure to watch as you lived the life you loved. There should more people with your attitude and happy go lucky, contented with a simple life, personality!

So well said, thank you for that SwampMama! I, too, love the show and absolutely adored the brothers. I'm deeply saddened for Glenn, moreso I think than anyone losing a brother, I don't know that it occured to them that either of them would ever be without the other. They worked together like a well oiled wheel. RIP Mitchell.

As for the rest of the cast, I DO love me some R Jay and Jay Paul. Jeeez louise but that is some mighty strong muscle going on there. Yum. But my favorite, my absolute favorite by far is Willie. Skinny scrawny little thing with the brute force of a giant. It cracks me up to watch him pull up a 10 foot alligator and never lose the cigarette out of his mouth. And those dreamy blue eyes.... wow...

IIRC, he had lived with his brother forever and they were very close. I think this will be very hard on Mitchell's brother.

RIP Mitchell.

Yep that's just what I was thinking too..I really hope the rest of the guy's on thier show can all come together and give him some support

I feel so bad for his brother. I can't imagine how he's going to go on without him. They were such a happy pair. His brother is going to be so alone now :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back