Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

If the sky doesn't fall now, it never will!

Probate judges in Alabama's 67 counties, caught in a tug of war between state and federal courts over the issue of same-sex marriage, on Tuesday were ordered by the state supreme court to stop issuing the licenses.

In counties big and small, probate judges found themselves in the middle of the debate, yet again.

"It's very frustrating. I had done made up my mind we were going to issue the licenses and I thought that was it," Probate Judge Leon Archer in rural Tallapoosa County, which also stopped issuing marriage licenses to gay couples Wednesday, told The Associated Press. "And I think that is going to be the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in June."

As of noon Wednesday, the Human Rights Campaign had identified 42 counties it said had stopped issuing same-sex licenses as of today. Another 19 never issued the licenses and the status of six -- Bullock, Crenshaw, Lamar, Macon, Monroe, Sumter -- is unclear, the advocacy group reported.

(snip)

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/alabama_supreme_court_probate.html#incart_2box

We started this thread a little more than six years ago when Sweden became the first country to legalize marriage for all people. As we stand at the precipice of the same thing happening in the United States of America, I had to come bump it! I'm a big fan of the institution of marriage and more than ready to watch its reach to include all my brothers and sisters in this country. It's an exciting time to be alive!:happydance:

And then there’s Louisiana.

Indiana and Arkansas may have backed down on their bills, but the Louisiana legislature has before it the “Marriage and Conscience Act,” which is explicitly, sweepingly designed to exclude and stigmatize same-sex couples. Under the Act, employers could still deny same-sex spouses marriage benefits; licensed professionals could refuse services to same-sex couples; state contractors could refuse to hire gays and lesbians; and even state officials—such as judges—could refuse official recognition to same-sex marriages.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/gay-marriage-gets-its-day-in-court/391487/

Please God, let reason prevail, and let the courts back out of denying loving couples the right to express their union in a civil, legal way.

I have deep, deep reservations about people who seriously step in the way of homosexual marriage. I mean, REALLY, how does that affect your life?

I am a devout Christian, and Jesus Christ my savior didn't say one single thing about homosexuality.

Please God, let reason prevail, and let the courts back out of denying loving couples the right to express their union in a civil, legal way.

I have deep, deep reservations about people who seriously step in the way of homosexual marriage. I mean, REALLY, how does that affect your life?

I am a devout Christian, and Jesus Christ my savior didn't say one single thing about homosexuality.

May i nominate this for post of the day?

Beautifully said, Jeanna T.

I can tell you how it affects people's lives. This is not something no one talks about, it is something that is talked about and shoved in people's faces daily. Not everyone will never accept this while others will embrace it. But it is still daily in the news, posts, etc. that people read or see. The argument that it does not affect people's lives is incorrect because it does. Everyday some business or individuals are bending over backwards to change their format to include this lifestyle. These are just more tactics to enforce acceptance upon the public when many individuals and some countries do not believe in this lifestyle.

Jesus Christ considered homosexuality an abomination but he loves homosexuals because their are his children though they are sinners in his eyes.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. (he might have not used the word homosexuality but he did make it clear how he felt about it)

I can tell you how it affects people's lives. This is not something no one talks about, it is something that is talked about and shoved in people's faces daily. Not everyone will never accept this while others will embrace it. But it is still daily in the news, posts, etc. that people read or see. The argument that it does not affect people's lives is incorrect because it does. Everyday some business or individuals are bending over backwards to change their format to include this lifestyle. These are just more tactics to enforce acceptance upon the public when many individuals and some countries do not believe in this lifestyle.

Jesus Christ considered homosexuality an abomination but he loves homosexuals because their are his children though they are sinners in his eyes.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. (he might have not used the word homosexuality but he did make it clear how he felt about it)

No one (individual or business) needs to "change their format" to include homosexuals. I am really not even sure what this means. Do you think gay people eat special food, or get their hair cut differently then straight people, etc.? I am confused.

Regardless, I for one hope that there will soon be equal marriage rights for ALL. Because blocking someone from the same civil liberties that other Americans have is wrong.

:)

Not even the Bible claims that Jesus wrote Leviticus. IIRC, that book is attributed to Moses.

JeannaT is right: Jesus never felt compelled to comment on homosexuality, perhaps because it wasn't even a concept in His day. But there was certainly homosexual behavior and He apparently didn't think the behavior required comment either.

If you think my husband and I have such a daily impact on you, have you ever thought to view the issue through our eyes? Imagine how we and our children and grandchildren are affected by the relentless intolerance from some (certainly not all) Christians!

Quite frankly I have never had a "gay" agenda shoved in my face, but I have had a Christian agenda shoved down my throat. If the LGBTG community was even a tenth as agressive as the Fundie Christian community, they would be met with the slings and arrows of the uninformed and ignorant. But yeah, the Christians are the persecuted ones. Mmkay.

Not even the Bible claims that Jesus wrote Leviticus. IIRC, that book is attributed to Moses.

JeannaT is right: Jesus never felt compelled to comment on homosexuality, perhaps because it wasn't even a concept in His day. But there was certainly homosexual behavior and He apparently didn't think the behavior required comment either.

If you think my husband and I have such a daily impact on you, have you ever thought to view the issue through our eyes? Imagine how we and our children and grandchildren are affected by the relentless intolerance from some (certainly not all) Christians!

Also, according to Leviticus, if you pierce your skin (ears), have tattoos, or wear cloth woven of two different fibers.....you are going to Hell. So, lots of Christians better pack some sunscreen......it gets hot down there, I hear.

^^^Or talk back to your parents! Especially while eating pork or shellfish!

The idea that public servants should be allowed to decide which members of the public they will serve would outrage everyone in any other context! (Though I'd consider it if it also meant that my husband and I could choose whether to pay taxes. (j/k))

^^^Or talk back to your parents! Especially while eating pork or shellfish!

The idea that public servants should be allowed to decide which members of the public they will serve would outrage everyone in any other context! (Though I'd consider it if it also meant that my husband and I could choose whether to pay taxes. (j/k))

It is especially whaaaaaa? that members of the Protestant denominations refer to marriage as a sacrament. Only the Roman Catholic church still hold marriage as a sacrament.

Part of the Lutheran theses and subsequent protestant division was over which ceremonies were "sacraments".

Marriage was decided to be a civil arrangement, and not a sacrament of the Protestant church. They retained baptism and holy communion. So, those are considered holy. But marriage is a civil arrangement ACCORDING TO THE PROTESTANT CHURCH.

Erm, so what is the outrage? Does Nova's marriage cause a threat to mine? No! I say hooray to love and committment. (Plz excuse spelling, very ill with strep and being rather messy).

It will cease being something talked about every day when these people are granted equal rights. It is constantly at the forefront because it's a civil rights issue that needs to be addressed. It would be a non issue if it were legal and discrimination weren't going on.

Change their format how? Are there special gay wedding cakes? Gay pizzas? It's no different than a heterosexual person or couple.

Bible quotes don't sway me. I can quote it, too. Ugly, awful things. I couldn't care less about what a book that condones infanticide, murder, spousal abuse, etc has to say about morality.

It will cease being something talked about every day when these people are granted equal rights. It is constantly at the forefront because it's a civil rights issue that needs to be addressed. It would be a non issue if it were legal and discrimination weren't going on.

Change their format how? Are there special gay wedding cakes? Gay pizzas? It's no different than a heterosexual person or couple.

Bible quotes don't sway me. I can quote it, too. Ugly, awful things. I couldn't care less about what a book that condones infanticide, murder, spousal abuse, etc has to say about morality.

Oh no! If I get a gay pizza, how will I know? What if we all turn gay! :shame:

I'm so sorry, ElleBee. Strep is really serious in an adult, isn't it? (I had chronic strep throat as a kid but outgrew it. I must be full of antibodies!) Please feel better soon...

Back OT, I support the right of any church to determine whom it will marry and who may use its facilities. To my knowledge, nobody is even questioning such things in civil rights terms.

Whether the Catholic Church, say, can deny equal rights to employees is another matter. I'm not sure how that issue has been handled in states with non-discrimination laws and marriage equality. I see no reason why they should get a special right to judge an employee's personal life.

It's all part of The Gay Agenda! First, they come for your pizzas. Tomorrow, the world!

Those b@$tards! They killed Kenny!

But what an awesome pizza! I love the fresh herbs and aged cheeses!

I am such a sell out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back