Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

I was on "vacation" when the whole Florida ruling happened so I couldn't post but SO wanted to!! My daughter was so happy that she was telling her friends we brought the gay marriage mojo down from Mass with us when we moved! :D

Congrats to my new home state! :woohoo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen at least three TV commercials this week that consisted of montages of newly married couples. In each, an all-male couple was included. These advertisers need to be reminded that lesbians can now marry each other in most states as well, but it seems that after so many predictions of doom and gloom, American culture is accepting gay marriage as part of the norm.

And still the sky hasn't fallen!

That's what I always said, Nova - "hey, we have had gay marriage in Mass for years and they sky still hasn't fallen! God hasn't smited us, the world didn't end, it's OKAY!!" :crazy:

The good thing about Mass was that even those who opposed it, once it happened, were usually more like "ahhh, whatever, I don't care anymore and I'm tired of hearing about it!", and pretty much just went on with their lives. Which is a far sight better than continuous campaigns to attempt to roll things back.

So glad FL's attempt to block was blocked itself!

My God son is gay, and I am very proud of this young man. We have to celebrate these new additions! :)

Today Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge Sarah Zabel has lifted a stay on her decision to invalidate Florida's prohibition of gay marriage. The decision, in a case called Pareto v Ruvin, means Miami-Dade County is the first place in the state to have marriage equality.

Among the plaintiffs are Vanessa and Melanie Alenier, who were overjoyed that they would be allowed to apply for their marriage license today. "I feel amazing!" Said Vanessa. "I can't wait I apply right now with Melanie! We get to apply for a marriage license today, that is the most amazing thing!"

(snip)

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ript...e_the_rest_of_florida_after_zabel_lifts_s.php

YEAH!!!

Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is due in the spring of this year, probably May. And yesterday a Christian group distributed these leaflets to houses in Dublin, to equal mixtures of amusement and bemusement from the good people of Dublin...

rbgva0.jpg

"Sounds of Sodomy"?! :eek:hoh: sounds like a great name for a metal band! :floorlaugh:

Scary, isn't it? And exhilarating...

I thought that when the one Appeals Court went off the reservation, the Supremes may well take a case or two! It's fairly thrilling and I don't have any genuine belief that the Supreme Court will NOT make marriage equality the law of the land. What a ride!! We started this thread in 2009 and, back then, I still believed we would continue, as a species, to march towards the light on this subject. Still, I could not ever have imagined how quick our pace would be. Love to you always, Nova! SCM xxoo

The wording has just been published for our constitutional amendment...

“Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction as to their sex”.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...eferendum-wording-agreed-by-cabinet-1.2073890

On a side note, our Minister for Health came out on Sunday live on national radio, he's the first senior cabinet minister here to voluntarily come out as gay, (there was a previous cabinet minister forcibly outed by the tabloid press years ago).

Cappy, I forget sometimes where "here" is to you. Ireland, right?

P.S. I have cousins all over Ulster. If you meet a Duff, MacAlexander or MacIntyre, say hello for me! (Yes, I realize Northern Ireland is a different country. But you all are so close, I figure you must meet on occasion.)

Cappy, I forget sometimes where "here" is to you. Ireland, right?

P.S. I have cousins all over Ulster. If you meet a Duff, MacAlexander or MacIntyre, say hello for me! (Yes, I realize Northern Ireland is a different country. But you all are so close, I figure you must meet on occasion.)

I am a MacIntyre from Ulster, (part of Ulster is on the southern side of the border).

So...er.....hello cousin! :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj