Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

Yes, it is, and every step is a cause for celebration!

It won't be long now for Australia I think. I'd almost say I reckon gay couples here could start planning for a summer wedding. The mood has really shifted since the Irish vote. First the Prime Minister has to allow ministers a conscience vote, rather than sticking to party policy. Then there should enough votes in favour of marriage equality. More and more ministers are saying they're now in support, and the PM's tone has softened. Ironically, our conservative PM is not in favour of marriage equality but his sister is gay and engaged to her girlfriend!

Shaking and crying over here with joy! I knew it would happen but I never thought during my lifetime! Im blowing my phone up!!!!!

I just had to stick my phone back into the charger: too many texts to relatives back east who are at work and couldn't see the broadcasts.

What a great day to be an American! How sad that we are burying 9 victims of a hate crime in South Carolina!

But to quote our President, who strikes me as more Presidential with every passing day, "Any step toward equality for some means greater freedom for all."

And furthermore:

#LOVEWINS

I have been in deepest mourning for my city (Charleston) this last week. I have posted on my WS blog a letter I recently sent to 170 SC Senators and Representatives.

The Supreme Court ruling today on gay marriage buoyed my heart in a way I cannot express. I just got home from work, so I am in the midst of reading the Opinion and dissents. It's astonishing to watch history being made. I am so proud of my country and so filled with a hope I needed to feel! Love to all on this thread who have stayed the course - we still have real work to do, but the future's looking so bright right now, I need shades!

I have had one crazy week and only just found out about this because my lovely husband asked me how happy I was about gay marriage being legal in all 50 states.

I was "WHAT? OMG!" Then ran over to post here!

I never thought I would see the day.

I have had one crazy week and only just found out about this because my lovely husband asked me how happy I was about gay marriage being legal in all 50 states.

I was "WHAT? OMG!" Then ran over to post here!

I never thought I would see the day.

Nor I. When I first came out (1973), the Florida Highway Patrol not only made no effort to catch those who firebombed the local gay bar every few months (it kept changing locations), they actually sat across the street and compiled a list of the license plates on cars that parked at the bar. They had to keep track of us because we were mentally ill and inherently criminal, if not actual traitors to the USA.

Nowadays, the State of California and the Federal government have me on different lists: as the spouse of my wonderful husband. Quite the sea-change in that, I think!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79
Back