Switzerland opens drive in 'sex boxes'

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by TrackerSam, Aug 16, 2013.

1. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

They look like shelters for hikers in a national park, but these wooden sheds in Switzerland have a rather less innocent purpose – they provide a discreet location for men to have sex with prostitutes.

The drive-in "sex boxes" as they are being called, will be officially opened on August 26, as part of a drive by authorities in Zurich to regulate prostitution, combat pimping and improve security for sex workers.

The nine garage-style structures, located in a former industrial zone in the west of the city, have been organised with typically Swiss precision.

Drivers will have to follow a clearly marked route along which up to 40 prostitutes will be stationed.

Once they have chosen one of the women and negotiated a fee, they will drive into one of the wooden sheds, which are hung with posters advocating the use of condoms and warning of the risk of Aids.

The sex boxes are equipped with alarms which the prostitutes can activate if they feel in danger from a client.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-in-sex-boxes-to-make-prostitution-safer.html

2. Loading...

3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

While prostitution is legal in Switzerland, sex workers have to pay a tax of five Swiss francs (£3.50) each night that they work.

hah - that's like wait staff reporting their tips - NO WAY are those sex workers paying what they should, if anything

4. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

That's per night not per customer right?

5. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

[​IMG]

There are nine of these rickety looking structures. How the heck does building them cost that much?

6. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Isn't it good Norwegian wood ?

7. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

They forgot the hazardous waste containers. And who is responsible for cleaning these things? :shudder:

8. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Alert: That pink thing on the poster should raise the alarm if you touch it.

9. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Is there a coin operated condom dispenser?

10. Patience

Patience Active Member

I wonder if sex crimes go down in places with legal prostitution. I think it is a good idea.

11. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

Years ago, in the early 1980s, I went to Switzerland to see some of my husband's family. I had always thought the Swiss had such a reputation as dour, humorless, & straight-laced. When we went to have cappuccino in a little café, just before it was served a young woman rather non-chalantly walked to the long coffee bar & began to take her clothes off. As if she were going to bed, alone. Completely. My husband's retinas almost detached. She was so skinny he said her ribs showed. Yes, Steely, I didn't ask the obvious. Too embarrassed, so much so I turned red. We didn't know it was THAT kind of café. So much for straight-laced.