Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by knt, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

Casey isn't very smart. You have to remember that her intention was to kill Caylee. She probably thought injection is what would kill her and that saturating the chloroform over the mouth would only put Caylee to sleep.

2. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Rest assured I am mentally illuminated :)

No clue about the gatorade. You know if this was a different time of the year and a different geographical area I would guess the blue liquid was antifreeze.
    I also am curious if the bottle was to be used as any kind of smoking device, like a water pipe and if the whole thing is drug related.

3. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

(bolding mine)

You are so right ~ she wouldn't care how much it hurt. I was also thinking of a neck vein or the location just being close to heart or brain. MOO

4. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Some have referred to this bottle and syringe as the smoking gun.
    It has already been brought up and implied that these results seal the deal.

5. panthera

That's what it's supposed to be used for. However killers are very deviant from the norm especially those who poison their victims. I definitely can see her injecting Caylee. MOO

6. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Fortunately it was found inside it's packaging, so there may be a trace of whoever used it.

7. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

Val, I have the upmost respect for your work, so please don't take offense, but both Dogs & Bond have checked the ion tests for chloroform and noted the presence in the bottle 238.1. Problem is that the concentration value hasn't been surfaced yet. Open still for research & discussion?

I'll run & grab those posts.

Bond's support for Dog's work so far:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4403181&postcount=995"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform[/ame]

Dog's chloroform ion post:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4402904&postcount=967"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform[/ame]

Methodology of the ion monitoring:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4403044#post4403044"]Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform - Page 40 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

8. aafromaa

aafromaa Active Member

Can someone sum it up for me?

I took a new job a few weeks ago & have been working very very long hours and I haven't been able to keep up with what's going on in this case. I had some free time this afternoon and began reading this thread. I clicked on a link to a news report that said chlorform was found in the syringe and then began reading the posts from the beginning where everyone was convinced that this was the "thing" that was going to seal a conviction of pre-meditated murder for KC.

Then I clicked a few links that cited the lab reports that were released yesterday (I think). I admit that I skimmed them pretty quickly as I am pressed for time, but I didn't see anything like what the posts in the beginning or the news report I read were saying. I don't see a lab report that says there was chlorform in the syringe or even liquid in the syringe for that matter and I don't see where it says the syringe was in a Disney bag. Here's what I think I saw - an evidence list referencing a Disney bag (which I believe is Q105) which doesn't seem to me to be connected with the bottle (Q238) which contained liquid & 2 cardboard rolls & a plastic bag which contained a syringe. I also saw an "unknown liquid" (Q241) which was identified as having come from the vehicle (although I think I saw in a previous dump that this was from the scene) which had a strong odor similar to urine. And I saw a notation that chloroform was not identified with this liquid or with the doll (Q244) from the vehicle. I did not see a report stating that chloroform was found in the syringe or the liquid in bottle containing the bag containing the syringe and I don't know if I've missed something or if somewhere in this thread of over 1000 posts I will find that others have the same confusion as I do.

I really would like to know if this was all because a news report got it wrong or if there is something in the doc dump I haven't seen yet. Can someone just sum it up or give me some specific page numbers to review.

TIA - I would like to read every page of the doc dump but I don't even have time to read every page of this thread!

9. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

But...and this is a BIG but...we have no idea if the SA office is even interested in using this. Most of what I've read here is speculation about what it could mean. But, I for one don't have enough information. Trial will tell.

10. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Yes, when Cindy mentions someone else on the periphery of this case, it is never a casual reference, but always intended to draw attention to their potential for being motivated or involved in Caylee's death.

11. Imbackon

Imbackon Member

"Regardless of why it came about, the effect of a wrongful conviction on the defendant or defendants and their family or families is ghastly. A jury is one of the last line of defense against a wrongful conviction, but few jurors see their role as a juror that way."

Since this OT is being allowed, I think it is only fair to SPEAK FOR THE VICTIMS.

Do you ever think of the effect of watching the guilty walk free?
    There are two sides to this coin you know!

12. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

The poster I was quoting said this:
    "When it was used as an anesthetic, it was put in the vein."

That is what I was disputing, God knows Casey is capable of anything but I still do not buy the syringe w/ chloroform to kill Caylee scenerio.

13. Hot Dogs

Hot Dogs New Member

I think that if the bottle/syringe cannot be directly linked to KC, it will never show up in the trial. The prosecution needs to be cautious about what they present at trial from amongst the literally thousands of bits of stuff removed from the swampy woods.

14. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Well-Known Member

I don't know how possible this would be... but, what if Casey duct taped Caylee's mouth and nose and inserted the syringe directly into the duct tape for Caylee to swallow without any means of her spitting it out?

How would chloroform effect someone (especially a child) if it was ingested?

Maybe the heart shaped sticker was to seal the hole the needle made in the duct tape?

Just throwing this out there. I don't know how possible it would be... just a random thought.

15. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Well...there are links to pages that show there was chloroform...and testosterone...and ethanol. Personally, when I first heard about the chloroform I automatically tied it to Casey. But, IMO...from what we know now report-wise there's now way of knowing how or if it's going to be used as evidence of anything. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...this has left me with one gigundo headache.

16. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

I understand the caution & concern, however, the jury will benefit by having experts from both the defense & the prosecution to highlight the key-notes of the findings in layman's terms. The jurors won't be forced to run off and Google PE/PI methods. ;)

We're on our own cast in a sea of research, but the jury won't be.

Have ye faith!

17. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

I agree. I def think she injected her with it.

Casey's intention was to murder Caylee. I don't think that she knew that breathing in a massive amount of chloroform could kill a person. It is in my opinion that Casey thought breathing it in would only put you to sleep. I think that is why she went with injection because she thought by actually injecting it into Caylee it would kill her cause that was the intention all along. The Gatorade bottle was probably used to put the chloroform liquid in so that she could fill up the syringe. Her injecting Caylee with needle could explain why there was blood found on some of the stuff found with Caylee's body. If you hit the wrong vein you bleed a lot . Especially if she injected it into the artery in the neck the blood just shoots out of you.

18. panthera

I understand. The biggest question I have is how neatly it was put back into the container, and so forth. It just seems if it had been used to administer that lethal dose, it would've been discarded more randomly, and not repackaged. Also, why put it near the remains? How stupid is that? But then, if she was in a hurry, she probably wanted to get rid of everything ~ fast. MOO

19. Imbackon

Imbackon Member

So these posts do not get lost in thread he77, can they be moved to the EVIDENCE thread when all is said and done regarding whether or not there was or was not chloroform in the gatorade bottle and the syringe?

20. Valhall

Valhall Keeper of the Mystic Fish

I'm definitely still open - that's why I'm here! BUT - those posts don't say anything but about what they are looking for.

Here's the deal. If Dog and Bond have found where the testing showed a reportable measure of chloroform in 240.1.1, and then didn't report it in the summary for the test method, then my humble request is that they screencap the exact test result they are referring to. Because right now all I see are them explaining what should be looked for - not what was found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.