Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO...syringe in bottle of Gatorade posssibly still unrelated. Looks like a pre-purchased job like...

terumo3cc.jpg

...that someone injected before/after going to the gym and tossed.

Interesting to note that it appears they checked for lidocaine and pesticide.

Ask yourself if you think Casey would place the cap back over the needle and put the syringe back in the packaging...

Gatorade botte...anabolic steroid...

Bond - thank goodness. I've wondered where you were.

Didn't most of us think the syringe in the bottle seemed menacing the first time we saw the dump scene photos released?

Yeah, the chloroform for 238.1 is coming in at an order of magnitude of 10 ppb, unless I've done something terribly wrong....which isn't beyond me, I assure you.
Well within "normal" limits if I'm not mistaken. Nothing extraordinary, correct?

Didn't most of us think the syringe in the bottle seemed menacing the first time we saw the dump scene photos released?

I know I did! However, at the time I questioned it, those around said for me not to worry about it, it was just trash. I got the same reaction when I mentioned the bullet. I think that we all learned a lesson here for the next time we are reading evidence in a case - I know I did! :)

The search for the method to make chloroform was made on Casey's computer, then her child is found dead, with chloroform in a bottle alongside her, and there is chloroform in the trunk of the car, where traces of the decomposing child were found. Isn't that enough? :banghead:
If I look up on MY computer how to make a bomb, then my relative who is cramping my style,that I really want to get rid of is blown up, and traces of explosives are found in my car, isn't that a pretty convincing link?
Definitely convincing for me...wonder how CA would spin all that "bomb" stuff. Surely she would find a way.

I know I did! However, at the time I questioned it, those around said for me not to worry about it, it was just trash. I got the same reaction when I mentioned the bullet. I think that we all learned a lesson here for the next time we are reading evidence in a case - I know I did! :)
...and just like the bottle...they examined the bullet. Clearly they spent a lot of time investigating EVERYTHING. Let's look at it on the plus side...LE was incredibly thorough.

If KC used the syringe to fatally inject Caylee, and then put it inside a plastic bottle which then is put into a Disney bag... why on earth would you leave all of that sitting next to the body? It doesn't make any sense. Your fingerprints and DNA are all over that stuff. Why wouldn't you simply discard the Disney bag with the killing gear somewhere on the other side of town?

Honestly, I think this is the most likely scenario.

Also, if you do some research, chloroform has been injected into veins. Just look for some scholarly articles for reliable references.
bbm
Thanks, already been there, done that. Chloroform was "attempted" to be used as an IV anesthetic in the mid 1800's.
It's primary use in operating rooms was as an inhalant before it's use was stopped completely.

So what does that mean in idiot terms that I can comprehend? :blushing:

Well, I linked the standard for chloroform in drinking water above for the state of Massuchusetts - that limit is 400+ ppb. 10 ppb aint much at all.

If KC used the syringe to fatally inject Caylee, and then put it inside a plastic bottle which then is put into a Disney bag... why on earth would you leave all of that sitting next to the body? It doesn't make any sense. Your fingerprints and DNA are all over that stuff. Why wouldn't you simply discard the Disney bag with the killing gear somewhere on the other side of town?

For some reason, she thought it was a great hiding spot!! Sociopaths are so full of themselves that they think they are smarter than everyone else - BUT THEY ARE NOT! "No one will ever look here. Besides, it is full of water most of the time anyway. This is the spot and anyway, I'm late to TonE's"

I'm sorry to be disagreeable, but this whole topic makes no sense to me. I don't know how to word this without sounding brutish or demented, but there are WAY easier ways to kill a toddler than an injection!! KC doesn't strike me as the type to go through a whole lot of meticulous preparation for a task that would have so many obvious short-cuts. The whole question of whether or not she held Caylee down, or had help holding her to give her a shot is not applicable.

Please don't flame me! :furious: I've found WSers to be so absolutely brilliant, and I'm often humbled by your insight, but this time I can't see eye-to-eye.

Someone mentioned injecting the doll. Even that makes more sense to me! What about that little Koala blanket? Maybe the syringe was used to squirt chloroform on that (except then I don't know why a syringe would be even needed)? As for the Gatorade bottle, I don't think it would have been used to carry the chemical so much as it would have been used simply to carry a very sharp needle.

I very befuddled by this whole bit of evidence!! Honestly, until I found out about the contents of the needle, I assumed that maybe it was trash left there by someone else, maybe before Caylee was left there next to it.

Not to notpick but wasnt the bottle that was in question a Crystal Light bottle? Or were there more than one bottle with liquid in them that they tested?

I don't think casey had to hold her down or pin her or anything, because I think Caylee was in the carseat when this all went down. What better restraint is there for a child? I think she was trying to do something in the front seat, whether to call somone or what, I don't know. I think Caylee was in the back screaming and crying which frustrated the bejeepers out of Casey so she jumped in the back in a fit of rage, and taped her mouth shut. The she quickly drew up the chloroform from the bottle that she had prepared, at home, some time before, and shot the liquid into Caylees mouth so fast that she didn't have time to complain or spit it out before she had already swallowed it. Poor Cayle probably got stuck a little by the needle and that may be where the blood on her shirt came from. I think she meant to kill her, she planned it beforehand and she got so mad, she just finally did it. She never bothered to plead insanity because she knew it just would never ever fly that she could do all the prep work for this if she were really insane.

bbm
Thanks, already been there, done that. Chloroform was "attempted" to be used as an IV anesthetic in the mid 1800's.
It's primary use in operating rooms was as an inhalant before it's use was stopped completely.

It's still used in research labs. :)

I don't know what to think, honestly. I like the entomology thread, that feels like a picnic in comparison! But, let's play a game of what if.....

What if you did leave all that stuff next to the body?
What if you wanted to implicate someone else? Someone who had used the syringe and whose fingerprints were on it?

I admit, it's crazy. And I also admit that beyond being thoroughly confused, I am suffering from some sort of mental deficiency from reading this entire thread and trying to understand. Maybe it's from all the chloroform. :crazy:

Honestly, until I found out about the contents of the needle, I assumed that maybe it was trash left there by someone else, maybe before Caylee was left there next to it.

<snipped by me>

I had that same thought when I first heard about the items LE found at the dump site ... that area was a general dumping ground and I wonder how they can confirm that the items found (other than those on the remains or those that have been confirmed to be in the home at one point) are related to the crime scene?

And, with the area being flooded and items surely floating around, even the items found near the remains may not have been there initially (they could have ended up nearby when the water receded).

Just thoughts that crossed my mind. I'm convinced KC's the guilty party, just trying to determine how the random items at the scene can definitely be tied to the crime.

Just to give an idea on this...

http://www.mmr.org/irp/genprog/riskinfo/chlorofr.htm

Massachusetts' limit for chloroform in drinking water is 470 ppb.
So the amount we are talking about here would not be a "fatal" dose then...hmmm

Yeah, it could. Or it could come from tap water that was the base fluid in the bottle. I have no idea about the "seal" question.

But I also know this - anabolic steroids are typically created using chloroform.

Citronella oil - and I'll kiss a working man's *advertiser censored** if that's not what is in there - is made using chloroform.

The only curious part of this whole gatorade bottle is the apparent citronella oil - considering George or somebody had been searching for ways to kill fleas around the same time as the chloroform searches.

Oh...and citronella oil kills toddlers. This 2 year old here was the son of a co-worker. His momma was busy fixing up the campground for his 2nd birthday and while she wasn't looking he drank some citronella oil - died 2 hours later.

http://oilcitronella.com/toddler-dies-after-drinking-citronella-torch-fuel
Recall that Caylee had come home with flea bites and Casey lied and told Cindy that Zannys dog had fleas? So it was probably to do with that when this search occurred and could have been either of them, BUT if that search occurred around the same time as these others, then the odds are it was Miss Casey herself. Bet you anything if she DID do the search she left it in the history when she deleted the others...
Well for one thing, Casey is not the brightest light on the string...and for another I am fully confident that this perp wore surgical gloves while she did her malignant deeds! There is a lack of fingerprints on EVERYTHING it seems, and that is just unnatural, so the only logical reason for this? Gloves.

I don't know what to think, honestly. I like the entomology thread, that feels like a picnic in comparison! But, let's play a game of what if.....

What if you did leave all that stuff next to the body?
What if you wanted to implicate someone else? Someone who had used the syringe and whose fingerprints were on it?

I admit, it's crazy. And I also admit that beyond being thoroughly confused, I am suffering from some sort of mental deficiency from reading this entire thread and trying to understand. Maybe it's from all the chloroform. :crazy:
That's funny right there!:dance:

For some reason, she thought it was a great hiding spot!! Sociopaths are so full of themselves that they think they are smarter than everyone else - BUT THEY ARE NOT! "No one will ever look here. Besides, it is full of water most of the time anyway. This is the spot and anyway, I'm late to TonE's"
Yep and also, this is a known garbage dump AND I do not think that Casey EVER in her wildest imaginings thought this would ever be where it is today. I think her plan was to disappear and latch on to some guy (probably Mark H) and then just stop seeing her family altogether and never even TELLING them that Caylee was gone. She was going to withhold access to a Caylee that no longer existed IMO...

BUT

then

Cindy ruined all that for her by
A) tracking her down
B) calling in the LAW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors