Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by knt, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

I thought that was the urine smelling substance? from the vehicle? and on that note, where in the world did they find a urine like substance IN the vehicle? That IS a new one on me...:waitasec:

2. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

One of the doctors on Nancy Grace last week said that it isn't that hard to make. It also doesn't take that long. I wonder if she could have made it up while at the home of one of her boyfriends while he was at school or work? Or if George and Cindy were both gone to work and Casey knew what time they would be getting home she would have made it at home. Lee also works so she probably would have had an empty house for hours at some point. However she did it, she got ahold of some and put her baby girl to sleep for ever.

3. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Hey that's what I said! lol

4. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

Wasn't her first tattoo. She also hung out there/visited several times when not there for a tattoo.

Not disagreeing, just putting other possible scenarios out there.

I'm not married to any one specific theory, but I am casually dating several.

5. carrie

carrie Member

I'm pretty sure this (the syringe, toilet paper roll, bottle) was someone's discarded drug paraphernalia. I've been researching it and apparently empty toilet paper rolls are often used as pipes for smoking pot (called a "steamboat") or heroin and just about any other drug you can think of that is smokeable.

Since we know that heroin is both injected and smoked ("chasing the dragon", it stands to reason the syringe and toilet paper roll could've been used for that. From what I've read, many drugs are both smoked and injected: meth, cocaine/crack, heroin. Of, course someone could have been injecting one drug and smoking another. Or, it could have been two people, one smoking, one injecting. Steroids (testosterone) are also injected, obviously.

Due to the combination of the syringe and the empty toilet paper roll, I'm beginning to think this was unrelated to whatever happened to Caylee. I think someone just dumped this little bundle after using drugs. It could have been KC, but just as likely, if not more likely, someone else unrelated to the case.

Here are some links that discuss drug users practice of both injecting (the syringe) and smoking with pipes made from toilet paper rolls.

---from the urban dictionary:

Steamboat 5 up, 29 down
    get this on a mug
    Inhaling marijuana smoke trapped in a toilet paper roll or similar device.
    Luke: Hey, get that toilet paper roll out of the garbage for me.

Suzzy: What for .. ?

Luke: Trust me ~ you'll love this. I'm gonna give u a steamboat.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steamboat

---1st post, 2nd paragraph at
    http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/other-psychotropics/10589-i-just-bought-heroin-first.html

---under section entitled "Pipes of any Type" at :
    http://www.sacsconsulting.com/book/chapter5.htm

---2nd post in the "Comments" section at:
    http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/d...itoring-sale-of-potential-drug-paraphernalia/

---under section entitled "How to Smoke Heroin" at:
    http://www.heroindetoxrehab.com/heroin/how-to-take-heroin

---also, see entry for steamboat here:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_kinds_of_weed

JMHO :twocents:

6. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

ok, make me go run & get it - brb :) I know it is page 11641/11643, I just don't have link to the right file handy.

Smarty Pants.

Still need to find link & I was wrong on page number, but I noted all of this earlier:

The first tests - page 11527 (note I am not covering item 241):

• Had an odor consistent with cleaning fluids
    • FTIR Analysis - Individual sample analaysed by FTIR
    • Headspace GC/MS - individual sample mixed with 0.5ml negative Millipore control water, & Test mix solution lot #MPR09292008
    • see printout for results
    • Also had an odour consistent with cleaning fluids
    • cloudy & a yellowish oily-like liquid
    • FTIR - TWO samples were tested separately from 240.1.1
    • * yellow liquid
    • * murky/cloudy substance
    • See printouts for results
    I forgot - were we debating 238.1 or 240.1.1?

7. ynotdivein

ynotdivein Retired WS Staff

ThoughtElf, we are dating the same theories.

Go back to simplest is most likely. She had previous tats and friends in the biz right? And this is the easiest answer for where she could have gotten that substance. She does not strike me as one who would go out of her way to concoct a substance if she had fairly easy access in some other way. Concocting might have cut into her partying.

8. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

Except in the trunk and that was NOT trace, that was abnormally high levels of chloroform right there...yes-sir-re-bob...sure was. So trace for what we are discussing here in this thread, but NOT for the trunk. That was much more than trace.

9. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Ashes, ashes, we all fall down

Wow, I did it - got to the last page of this thread. I am very impressed with everyone's posts, whether I agreed or not. So much talent and caring out there. I had surgery months ago and have been out of the loop. But I'm back and aching to do something productive. Thank you all for a great journey.

10. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

240.1.1 is from the plastic bag

11. Leila

Leila Active Member

I think it's interesting that long before Caylee's remains were found, LE was investigating chloroform, based on Casey's computer searches. Then when Caylee's remains were found, a Gatorade bottle containing chloroform and a syringe were found within a few feet of the remains. What are the chances of that being a mere coincidence?

12. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

That was actually the liquid from within the syringe, yes? 240.1.1

13. kaRN

kaRN Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

14. JBean

I posted something similar earlier and for now I am leaning towards this type of theory as well. Pipes are alos made out of the water bottles.

I was also thinking wasn't all this in flood waters? Lord only knows what some of this stuff would have been contaminated with, including the remains.

15. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

We are?!?! Why, that no-good, rotten, two-timing theory. Just wait until I get my hands on it... :wink:

Yet, up until I found out that theory was also dating you (which means they're likely dating others, too,) that would be the one I'd be most likely to take home to meet the folks.

16. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Wouldn't the water have taken care of that?

TA: opps...see you covered that in a subsequent post.

17. magic-cat

magic-cat Mother to Many

18. carrie

carrie Member

Well, all this is admittedly confusing, but we're expecting a level of chloroform much higher than what one would find in a glass of tap water in order to accept that it was a murder weapon. I think that's only reasonable.

19. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

yes, it was.

20. JBean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.