Taco Bells remove all green onions

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Taco Bell on Wednesday ordered the removal of green onions from its 5,800 restaurants nationwide after samples appeared to have a harsh strain of E. coli.
The fast-food chain, whose restaurants were linked to a recent outbreak of E. coli in three states, said preliminary testing by an independent lab found positive results for the strain.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/06/ecoli.outbreak.ap/index.html

I haven't had a Taco Bell in years.

Paladin said:
I was just thinking that's a great thing to be able to say.

Well, to be honest, i expect if there were a Taco Bell in Hamburg, i wouldn't be able to say it. :blushing:

Didn't they do that once before...or was that their tomatoes then? I know they had something they removed a few years back.

If my kids had their Taco Bell taken away I'm not sure what might happen!!

My husband, one daughter, and a granddaughter think there is nothing like Taco Bell. They love it. Another daughter and I go only when the others insist. She insists she didn't get the Taco Bell gene that runs in the family. I like the green onions when I go. Hope they get it straightened out soon.

Annie said:
My husband, one daughter, and a granddaughter think there is nothing like Taco Bell. They love it. Another daughter and I go only when the others insist. She insists she didn't get the Taco Bell gene that runs in the family. I like the green onions when I go. Hope they get it straightened out soon.
I LOVE Taco Bell. My kids that are in college think it is the first major food group on the pyramid.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The third word my son said was "beans". His first sentence was...Beans please. No kidding!~:doh:

Gross but true. One time my husband ate taco Bell and found a ball bearing in his meat. Now he won't eat there. I don't know why he didn't take it back up there but he did send an emial to the company that went unanswered.

I almost had Taco Bell for dinner Sat night and I live on LONG ISLAND!
I am so relieved I chose pizza instead!!
I read the book,"Chew on This" and have really resisted any urges to eat fast food since. I get nauseous when I think about all the gross stuff so it works as a deterrant (for fast food only, unfortunately). I think Chili's had a problem with the green onions not that long ago.

I once bit down on a staple in my taco from Taco Bell. I don't eat there very often; in fact none now. The meat is like little bits of grit, and slimy. Fast food at its worst.

I once got Taco Bell and the meat in the tacos smelled rancid!!!:sick: That was years ago and the last time I ever ate there.

A couple years back in my grocery store, there was a sign over the green onions that said not to eat them raw. I heard it was because of the pickers not washing their hands properly.

I always eat green onions raw ... they are often on veggie trays with dip!

Boy, first spinach and now green onions Perhaps terrorists are finding a different way to contaminate us.
I know, I know ... I am just paranoid.

Rather than terrorists, think about the toileting facilities or lack thereof in the fields where migrant workers tend to the crops. On second thought, don't think about it. You will lose your appetite for sure. A friend who was in Vietnam says he has not been able to eat rice since then, having watched the natives defecate in the rice paddies.

Have to admit, I could live on Taco Bell alone! I have never seen/known they served green onions? What is it on? Maybe I just don't venture off what I order enough to know that! :) Don't eat their tomatoes, but I don't eat ANYONE's tomatoes, grew up on "home grown" can't do the "nasty ones!"

I love the taco bell taco's. I always get the 3 crispy tacos. I don't think that they have green onions in them though. I've never seen any anyway. If they are in there taco bell better get this straightened out right away!

Bobbisangel said:
I love the taco bell taco's. I always get the 3 crispy tacos. I don't think that they have green onions in them though. I've never seen any anyway. If they are in there taco bell better get this straightened out right away!

Me, too! But I didn't stop there today.

Green onions were a problem in another restaurant...it was more of a full-service one, like Applebee's or something...

Guess we'll have to start cooking!

Ewwww! I'm feeling a bit sick :sick: at the thought of this. Yesterday I was in a hurry and had a Burrito Supreme at Taco Bell. I didn't notice any green onions either! Scandi

I had Taco Bell for dinner last night. I haven't had it in forever and it was great!!!! No green onions on my tacos though. :D

We all had Taco Bell for dinner last Friday evening. My husband was sick on Saturday. I got sick on Sunday, my son on Monday and my daughter yesterday. I don't know if its coincidence or what, but we've not been too happy.

I'm feeling sorry for Taco Bell, even though they think it MAY be traced to us out here in CA it's Taco Bells fault.

FRESNO, Calif. - The scallions suspected in the E. coli outbreak linked to Taco Bell came from a Southern California grower, an official with the company that washed, chopped and packed them for the restaurant chain said Thursday.

Ready Pac Produce, the sole supplier of green onions to Taco Bell restaurants in the New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia areas, stopped all production of scallions at its Florence, N.J., plant, which was visited Wednesday by federal food inspectors.

SNIPS:
~ At least 46 confirmed cases of E. coli sickness linked to Taco Bell have been reported in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

~ In Delaware, all 14 Taco Bell restaurants closed voluntarily. Health officials there said Thursday they’ve confirmed an E. coli infection in a 15-year-old girl who was hospitalized after eating at a Taco Bell restaurant in New Jersey last month. She spent five days in the hospital, but is expected to recover.

They’re also investigating a suspected case of E. coli involving a woman who ate at a Taco Bell in Wilmington, Delaware on Sunday. She became ill yesterday.

~ E. coli, short for Escherichia coli, is a common and ordinarily harmless intestinal bacteria. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the strain of E. coli that caused the infections is often found in the intestines of healthy goats, sheep and cattle. Most E. coli infections are associated with undercooked meat. The bacteria also can be found on sprouts or leafy vegetables such as spinach http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16089596/

About three Thanksgiving's ago they pulled green onions from the markets and weren't serving them in restaurants. I had gone out to eat with my daughter & grandson and we couldn't even get chives on our baked potatoes :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back