GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think that. I think the very last thing Tammy wants is justice for Heather, no matter who ends up being convicted. It's her ultimate revenge for this to go forever unsolved and un-answered for.
And for her to be the one with power that knows what happened. She's another OJ - "If I did It" personality

RSBM & BBM: This just reminded me of something that didn't sit well with me yesterday. When TM was testifying about the handcuffs, which she said were novelty cuffs and didn't need a key, she said that SM could easily get out of them, because he's strong (paraphrasing). Just the mention of his strength, considering Heather's petite stature, made me shudder. Do y'all think that was intentional, on her part, to plant the seed of SM being the culprit?

Yes, and also saying he was in jail and she had moved on. Which I really doubt. That was the first we heard of that yesterday and for some reason I just don't think that's the truth.

No, I don't think that. I think the very last thing Tammy wants is justice for Heather, no matter who ends up being convicted. It's her ultimate revenge for this to go forever unsolved and un-answered for.
At least SM is sitting in prison now for OOJ. Tammy's pride won't allow her to admit that is painful. That she hates him and they are not together is an act to show the world that she isn't affected but she is. What were her first words to Nancy? Tammy is seething with fury.

Tammy’s mention of Heather Elvis & her diary & her Twitter made me realize that we do not know who Heather Elvis was from this trial.
Admit I missed the opening but where is the evidence & testimony to tell us who she was?
It’s clear now that Heather was killed, as stated by Tammy but who was Heather Elvis?
Let’s see more than a photo of her & the mention by a defense witness that she was a nice girl who always held a job. Now we have testimony that she was vindictive by the accused.
We’ve heard about the full moon but we don’t know Heather considered herself the moon child.
We don’t know her personality or her dreams & aspirations.
Let’s learn about the victim. Have heard too much about the accused & how she, Sydney & her family are the victims.
Heather is the real victim here who didn’t have a choice to stay alive & thrive. Her life was snuffed out & she was somebody with loved ones, hopes, aspirations & a future.
Don’t care if this trial lasts for another month. This is the chance to convict a cold blooded woman of being involved in Heather’s disappearance. Don’t leave a thread of evidence unturned. Tell us why she was so threatened by Heather that she would plan &
help execute her kidnapping.
Define the word INVEIGLE for this Jury. Would post it here but I don’t know how. It is an element of kidnapping and defines exactly what Tammy &
Sydney Moirer did to Heather Elvis.

At the beginning of this WSers spent lots of time combing thru Heather's SM. She was smart and funny and very lovable. She was also despite her beauty, vulnerable and insecure and very young and inexperienced. I see how an older man, a player like SM was able to manipulate her emotionally and use her. Heartbreaking.

Born again, a completely different person. I know we are not supposed to judge. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart (thoughts and intent). But we can be fruit inspectors. TMs apples are rotten and full of worms. If she were truly saved, she would confess the truth. I'm sure this particular statement struck a particularly hurtful chord with Heather's parents. Their faith has been their shield over the past five years.

I know we aren't supposed to judge, but as vehemently as she denied God to me before this, I have a hard time believing she is a reformed believer. I wish Nancy could ask where they attend church in FL, what scripture has she leaned on to get her through these 'trying' years and if she attends small groups/Sunday School or other spiritual classes to help keep her faith strong. I guarantee she won't have answers to that. She became a 'Christian' to save face, get people on her side and get donations, because that's what people of faith do, they support others, and she needed support (ie, free things), even if it was from a group she previously said she despised.

Did anyone notice her eyes flashed with anger a couple of times at Nancy yesterday?
Oh yes! The cameraman caught a very clear closeup of the defendants facial expressions, and I specifically remember, one time it appeared that she finished her disrespectful words or thoughts, then "reset" her facial expression back to what she may feel is a neutral or calm expression. I could see the abrupt change, an intentional act on her part. It was like watching the morphing of a face.

Well I have a whole different take on Tammy's testimony. I have been a juror in a murder trial. Her lies were not totally obvious or glaring today. Some of her responses seemed plausible. Now do I believe them? No. However, I am afraid there could be one or two jurors who she might connect with on the jury. There was one in the Jodi Arias jury and several on the Casey Anthony jury. I do not see her testimony during cross examination today as a slam dunk. I think she gets under Nancy's skin and it throws her off her game.
I don't see it as a slam dunk either. We've been following this case and holding it under a microscope for 5 years and TM is loathed here. But the jury has a different view. They might think she's slime, she's guilty, she's crazy, whatever, but they're held to a bar that we're not. I see room for a juror to question her guilt under a reasonable doubt bar if this comes down to defense ticking off a list that places TM nowhere near Heather, her home, her car, and can convince that this was SM's mess.

And yes, sometimes all it takes is for one person to sympathize or relate to something about the accused and their story.

The problem with TM types, in my view and unfortunate experience, is that their gas lighting skills and ability to contort and confuse things are so masterful that up starts to seem like down, and dark is now light, and nothing is what it appears. I've endured this in a tragedy in my own life and the person who was behind the curtain and is not only complicit, but likely fully responsible, has all but been canonized and crowned. These kinds of people can hide heinous things in plain view, smile when confronted about the elephant standing there, and then not only dismantle the critical thought processes of others, but have them feeling guilty for ever thinking there is blame to lay.

I've read a police report where a person like this had multiple officers by the nose from the get-go and any challenge to that resulted in the challenger being shut down by a detective who sympathized with the gas lighter.

It's not over yet and hopefully Heather sees what justice the system can offer, but I'm concerned that Nancy is too easily ruffled by TM, and TM is just as skilled at keeping her off balance as the state is committed to upsetting TM's apple cart. It looked like a contest to me yesterday.

I hope for the best but think the state needs to tighten its belt. Anything can happen when a Narcissist is in the room, and I believe TM is everything that label ever meant.

Oh yes! The cameraman caught a very clear closeup of the defendants facial expressions, and I specifically remember, one time it appeared that she finished her disrespectful words or thoughts, then "reset" her facial expression back to what she may feel is a neutral or calm expression. I could see the abrupt change, an intentional act on her part. It was like watching the morphing of a face.

I noticed that, too! I had a friend over and we were watching and this friend who knows nothing about this case other than what I have shared with her, commented on her facial resets, too. I hope the jury was paying attention to those.

Tammy may be lying about her current relationship with Sidney--she isn't wearing a wedding ring and has thrown him under the bus as far as the affair goes and him not taking the stand in his own defense. Is she gearing up to blame him for everything while pretending that she has nothing to do with him?

I feel like I should have taken better notes. I can't remember. Did the phone experts testify that the TM and SM phones were turned off at one point on the night of the 17th or early morning of the 18th?

If so, what set of parents would turn off their phones after leaving their children at the home of a family member? I mean, if this was just a normal night, who does that?

Last edited:
Tammy may be lying about her current relationship with Sidney--she isn't wearing a wedding ring and has thrown him under the bus as far as the affair goes and him not taking the stand in his own defense. Is she gearing up to blame him for everything while pretending that she has nothing to do with him?

I truly think that is the plan for both defenses. He makes it seem like her in his trial, she makes it seem like him in her trial, leaving both juries with just enough doubt to acquit.

Do you think the jury got the part when Nancy was talking about a text of a photo between AC and TM then looked over at the jury and said (with her exquisite sarcasm), "yeah, but her beard wasn't that thick" or the part when TM said "eating vagina"?
I didn't understand the beard comment--what does it mean?

Also--if TM breaks the sequestration order, she'll go to jail for a year plus community service. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Speaking of jail, I noticed on Sidney's DOC page, it indicated that he was first eligible for parole towards the end of this month. I realize that doesn't mean he will be getting out, but it's a reminder to me that at times sentences are one thing, and they do not always mean that a person will spend anywhere near that amount of time behind bars.

The problem with TM types, in my view and unfortunate experience, is that their gas lighting skills and ability to contort and confuse things are so masterful that up starts to seem like down, and dark is now light, and nothing is what it appears. I've endured this in a tragedy in my own life and the person who was behind the curtain and is not only complicit, but likely fully responsible, has all but been canonized and crowned. These kinds of people can hide heinous things in plain view, smile when confronted about the elephant standing there, and then not only dismantle the critical thought processes of others, but have them feeling guilty for ever thinking there is blame to lay.

I hope for the best but think the state needs to tighten its belt. Anything can happen when a Narcissist is in the room, and I believe TM is everything that label ever meant.

RSBM.

I think there is more than enough "confusion" and chaos in this case to cause a hung jury, and I think that is the likely outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong