Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!

Hubris...
Conways allegations are "moot" to Judge Perry, the reporter said Cheney Mason said.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlmGd15FEiQ[/ame]

This is the first time that I have heard LE had the diary. We were puzzled as to why it was not taken by LE during one of the searches at the A home. They took pics only. We know as of the date BC and the Anthony's were on LKL it was still in his possession. I have no idea why they decided they wanted it later. JB requested everything from her room and he wanted the pc and lap top which I would like to add do not belong to Casey. There are either incriminating things still in that house that only Casey would know about or by requesting everything he expected that to include the diary without bring attention to that critical piece of evidence.

Something made LE go back and get that diary so I'm thinking that it's possible Casey was writing in it while she was out on bail.

Our beloved and respected JWG offers his terrific summary opinion here.

OMG Sleuther, if he is who I think he is, I do recall his photo and bio being on Jose's website, but when one would call to inquire about him the receptionist answered that no one by that name worked there. Next thing you know, just like magic....poof the guy's photo and bio disappeared off of the Baez law firm website, (if I am remembering the correct man, he was in production/media too). I think Jose has a very poor understanding of exactly who he can umbrella as working with him or having an agency relationship with his law firm, a VERY poor understanding. Remember when he thought that included any, private investigators, body guards and or bail bondsmen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiS8nlr0Tdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq3YTahSn38

THE DEFENSE, FOR TWO MONTHS HELD ONTO TWO DOZEN ITEMS they removed from the Anthony home, remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0deAi61LVw
There was a list of things Baez took from the house, to allegedly do their own DNA testing. :floorlaugh:
They had an absolute duty to disclose that to the state so that the state would have an opportunity to object to it before they did any testing that would forever change the items. In the words of Jeff Ashton, "This feigning of ignorance is getting old". So since he had all of these, what more did he want Brad to snag?

The list included things the defense later learned the FBI was interested in
Spiderman toothbrush
baby books,
puzzles pieces
Caylee Anthony's toys

That was Caylee's stuff though and Cindy gave it to the defense. Why does he want Casey's stuff?

I just have one more question and I'm going out to dinner...........whew what a day....

With the Joe Jordon statement sealed.....can anyone, as in HHJP ever listen to the tape? Even if he has to disregard it at trial?

I think they were saying LE listened to it. And I said before I believe they can do that if it involves a crime other than just the taping without knowledge. Plus Judge Perry told LDB in court it was okay to listen to it. But in BC's statement I believe it was revealed that someone at LE had listened to it.

So if tampering charges are brought against certain involved parties we may get to hear the tape, but I'm not sure about that. This would be like a post trial mini-series. The saga continues.....lol jmo

Would I be wrong in thinking that this may not be the case in what we are looking at? Remember when it comes to JB and Mort, the privilege is KC's and KC's alone. The privilege is to protect her rights as regarding the criminal charges she is facing. That AP shield does not protect Mort or JB from any illegal actions that they may have performed. this Tampering investigation looks to be entirely legally separate matter from KC's case. So could Mort and JB be interviewed and investigated, so long as any information gathered is not used against KC?

That's my question too. We know Mort had the document in Oct. so where did he get it? Why doesn't LE just ask him? That is why I thought the work product privilege may apply. LB's lawyer had the document so where did he get it. In her depo LB states that she turned those papers in to TES. My best guess is they went from LB to CA and then JB and MS.

Then again couldn't they both take the 5th. since the investigation is about them?

That was Caylee's stuff though and Cindy gave it to the defense. Why does he want Casey's stuff?

Bluntly put...nefarious reasons. Same ol', same ol'.... This leopard ain't changing his spots.

Let me spell this out for CM, cause I want no misunderstanding - Just MY Humble Opinion.

Oh, JB did not want that stuff. He wanted everything from KC's room. My guess is he expected BC to turn over the journal that BC had of KC's for safe keeping. Funny thing is I think CA gave it to BC to get it out of the house in case LE had another search warrant and BC ended up turning it over to LE when the jail letter came up for comparison writing. So essentially KC, again, did something to undermine her own case with those jailhouse letters. FBI found the book was not released for sale until 2004, and not 2003 which someone wrote on the cover page of the journal obviously to mislead detectives. There is justice. jmo

First of all, I do not believe Jose Baez will be an attorney AFTER this trial... and, yes, I mean AFTER. I do believe that Jose Baez is being investigated, but I just have a feeling that this investigation will not tie up until late this Summer, early Fall.

If I understand this correctly, Casey can not win an appeal based on Jose Baez's unethical behavior. Even if criminal charges are brought against Jose Baez, this "tampering" was to HELP Casey Anthony beat her First Degree Murder Charge... not to mention, she still had three very qualified attorneys sitting at her table in that courtroom. Can she really appeal based on that?

And let's all be honest, we all know Casey is going to appeal and claim ineffective counsel anyways.

I say let's just do this! Let's go to trial! If it comes down to this having to be tried twice... so be it. I'm with Judge Perry... I don't mind!

BC's interview makes me really really curious about what exactly caused MN to resign.

faefrost, Lambchop and TWA, I promise you ALL the leftover halloween candy! Sorry, I ate all the smarties and my 6 year old ate all the mini jawbreakers, but there's still plenty of great stuff. You might want to skip on the gummy skeletons . . . to me they look kind of gross.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your very concise & well thought out responses. I am waiting till the kids go to bed to read links that you highlighted (I did breeze through one briefly and . . . . OMG!).

Really, thank you. I swear I feel so brain-dead I'm quite nearly a zombie. Actually, I might have to read the links tomorrow, after a good night's sleep.

I feel smarter already. Suddenly all the comments posted are making sense to me!

It's an ongoing investigation so until an arrest warrant is issued for tampering I would think everything goes on as usual. JB lying to the judge in court? Not sure but I'd be going to court with a paper bag over my head in the future if I were JB. May the judge won't notice. lol Oh, yes, wouldn't that be contempt?????

I'm curious about what would happen if Casey is convicted and after the trial JB is charged. Will that affect her case? Give her grounds for an appeal? I feel like the prosecutors are worried about this too.

Can the SAO resurrect the whole "That's not the contract I thought I signed" thing from Lenny? Since they're digging around, they might as well toss in the kitchen sink. Is this possible/likely?

Can the SAO resurrect the whole "That's not the contract I thought I signed" thing from Lenny? Since they're digging around, they might as well toss in the kitchen sink. Is this possible/likely?

Wasn't that Tony P.??

First of all, I do not believe Jose Baez will be an attorney AFTER this trial... and, yes, I mean AFTER. I do believe that Jose Baez is being investigated, but I just have a feeling that this investigation will not tie up until late this Summer, early Fall.

If I understand this correctly, Casey can not win an appeal based on Jose Baez's unethical behavior. Even if criminal charges are brought against Jose Baez, this "tampering" was to HELP Casey Anthony beat her First Degree Murder Charge... not to mention, she still had three very qualified attorneys sitting at her table in that courtroom. Can she really appeal based on that?

And let's all be honest, we all know Casey is going to appeal and claim ineffective counsel anyways.

I say let's just do this! Let's go to trial! If it comes down to this having to be tried twice... so be it. I'm with Judge Perry... I don't mind!

Exactly. Get the big fish first, then go get the others. It's said to watch out for the quiet ones. Just because it doesn't seem like anything is going on against Baez doesn't mean he's getting away with this. It means a case against him is being carefully built, and it can wait until after Casey is found guilty and never leaves a jail cell again.

I think that is why Baez is so nervous. The sooner this is over, the sooner he is never a lawyer again. No wonder he's tried to delay, delay, delay so much. What else is he to do, knowing that he's next?

And all the better that Baez being unethical can't affect Casey's case. That just makes me smile BIG. Apparently Baez's word of the day calendar totally failed him there. Inefficient counsel is not the same thing as unethical counsel.

Bluntly put...nefarious reasons. Same ol', same ol'.... This leopard ain't changing his spots.

Let me spell this out for CM, cause I want no misunderstanding - Just MY Humble Opinion.

LOL :maddening: I know but damn it I want to know what stuff?

I think they were saying LE listened to it. And I said before I believe they can do that if it involves a crime other than just the taping without knowledge. Plus Judge Perry told LDB in court it was okay to listen to it. But in BC's statement I believe it was revealed that someone at LE had listened to it.

So if tampering charges are brought against certain involved parties we may get to hear the tape, but I'm not sure about that. This would be like a post trial mini-series. The saga continues.....lol jmo

Brilliant! This may be why they were listening to the tape, the new investigation, so if as and when they got permission under this premise...that explains it, imo.

It seems we have been discussing the defense doing things that are questionable for some time.
Remember regarding the 911 hearing, he made some representations that just were not correct? http://websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=763

We're not alone!
The Florida Bar on Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

I'm curious about what would happen if Casey is convicted and after the trial JB is charged. Will that affect her case? Give her grounds for an appeal? I feel like the prosecutors are worried about this too.

I would not think LE will do anything until the trial is over. This could be why JB is trying to delay the trial. Asking for 45 more days for those reports. If he does not turn over those reports he may feel it will delay the trial. Not going to happen and let's hope the judge comes down on him hard. I wonder if the Judge can call the expert witnesses himself and ask why they have not complied with his order? Judge Perry did say he would get it done himself if he had to. jmo

Exactly. Get the big fish first, then go get the others. It's said to watch out for the quiet ones. Just because it doesn't seem like anything is going on against Baez doesn't mean he's getting away with this. It means a case against him is being carefully laid out, and it can wait until after Casey is found guilty and never leaves a jail cell again.

I think that is why Baez is so nervous. The sooner this is over, the sooner he is never a lawyer again. No wonder he's tried to delay, delay, delay so much. What else is he to do, knowing that he's next?

Exactly!

Caylee is still waiting and this is what this case all boils down to. Justice for Caylee. I know that LE and the SA want this more than anything. LE has done their job in investigating Caylee's murder case and handed the case over to the SA who is more than ready to take this to trial in May and I believe, even with Jose screaming and kicking that he isn't ready, this trial will happen in May with the defense as it is now.

It seems that LE has now moved on to investigate other crimes commited adjacent to Caylee's murder case, but they are seperate cases, that in time, will be handed over to the SA if need be. I'm hoping there are some case numbers for the Anthony's that we won't see until after the trial.

It's such a shame that all this is happening after Cindy was finally starting to like JB... Well, I think we now know the reason why Cindy had such high regard for JB... He's like one of the Anthony's now. Maybe a name change is in order?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back