Found Deceased Tea Wright-Finger, 19, Richmond (NW Queensland), 16 Oct 2022

Final moments before Tea Wright-Finger disappeared in Richmond revealed | 7NEWS​

So, she basically stole the car? Taking and promising to pay, then not, that's theft...

But when your car gets stolen, you report it to the cops. You don't hunt down a nineteen year old girl with (for example) murder on your mind. You threaten them with legal action. The courts would be on your side.

I do wonder what significance the car has to this at all. It could be the crux of it all. Or it could have nothing to do with her disappearance.

The complete lack of a digital trail is really worrying. If she'd, say, emptied her bank account before vanishing? Yeah, I'd maybe be a little more inclined to believe this was on purpose. But there's nothing. And she seems to have friends and family missing her, a job she liked...

I'm just wondering if (when) this all falls into place, it's going to have anything to do with the car, except as connected with her 'last seen'. It's tantalising to look at the missing girl, the stolen car, and say 'if this, then that' when there's just not enough evidence to say one led to the other.

MOO, of course. Excuse my rambling, this case is just... too enigmatic, for want of a better word. Nothing lines up, and most of the pieces are lost. There's not enough of anything to even begin making sense of it. I was convinced at the beginning that this was a person lost or broken down in a hostile, remote environment, or, an abduction, either by someone she knew or a stranger. Now I don't know what to think, and I don't think the cops, do, either.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it's going to make any kind of sense until they find a body - living or dead.

So, she basically stole the car? Taking and promising to pay, then not, that's theft...

But when your car gets stolen, you report it to the cops. You don't hunt down a nineteen year old girl with (for example) murder on your mind. You threaten them with legal action. The courts would be on your side.

I do wonder what significance the car has to this at all. It could be the crux of it all. Or it could have nothing to do with her disappearance.

The complete lack of a digital trail is really worrying. If she'd, say, emptied her bank account before vanishing? Yeah, I'd maybe be a little more inclined to believe this was on purpose. But there's nothing. And she seems to have friends and family missing her, a job she liked...

I'm just wondering if (when) this all falls into place, it's going to have anything to do with the car, except as connected with her 'last seen'. It's tantalising to look at the missing girl, the stolen car, and say 'if this, then that' when there's just not enough evidence to say one led to the other.

MOO, of course. Excuse my rambling, this case is just... too enigmatic, for want of a better word. Nothing lines up, and most of the pieces are lost. There's not enough of anything to even begin making sense of it. I was convinced at the beginning that this was a person lost or broken down in a hostile, remote environment, or, an abduction, either by someone she knew or a stranger. Now I don't know what to think, and I don't think the cops, do, either.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it's going to make any kind of sense until they find a body - living or dead.

I would think at the very worst the car would have been repossessed (not sure how things work there, but they must have laws in place that allow for recovery of things purchased on credit and not paid in full), which to me doesn't seem catastrophic enough to disappear oneself. It's not a rare or unique vehicle, so I'm inclined to think that the non-payment part may have been related to not having the funds instead of an intentional theft. I know at 19 I wasn't terribly responsible at managing money, and that's just part of growing up.

I agree with you that if she had intended to steal a car and disappear, she would have at least taken the money in her bank account. I wonder if the balance left in the account is enough to cover the purchase price of the vehicle? And do we know if she purchased the vehicle from a private individual or a car dealer?

I think that based on the information shared, I am leaning towards accident or foul play unrelated to the vehicle. I hope she is found soon so her family has some resolution.

I would think at the very worst the car would have been repossessed (not sure how things work there, but they must have laws in place that allow for recovery of things purchased on credit and not paid in full), which to me doesn't seem catastrophic enough to disappear oneself. It's not a rare or unique vehicle, so I'm inclined to think that the non-payment part may have been related to not having the funds instead of an intentional theft. I know at 19 I wasn't terribly responsible at managing money, and that's just part of growing up.

I agree with you that if she had intended to steal a car and disappear, she would have at least taken the money in her bank account. I wonder if the balance left in the account is enough to cover the purchase price of the vehicle? And do we know if she purchased the vehicle from a private individual or a car dealer?

I think that based on the information shared, I am leaning towards accident or foul play unrelated to the vehicle. I hope she is found soon so her family has some resolution.
Exactly. The car would get taken back, and she'd have to be on some kind of good behaviour bond or do community service or pay off a fine or reparations of some kind to the owner. It's not something you'd hit the nuclear option on your life over.

I suspect it's a private individual, just based on how they've talked about it, but I was wrong about her not knowing the car was fraudulently hers, so IDEK anymore.

And yeah, that's where I was sitting, but if that's the case, how does it serve finding her to imply she's taken off? It just seems like a weird strategy to me.

This link is not about Tea, but it may help to give some context for those who don't know how hostile Australia's remote northern areas can be. This woman was missing/found in WA, not Qld, but I think they're comparable for the sake of this thread. This also shows why I think it's really weird they haven't found anything in Tea's case yet. I was fully expecting her case to be like this woman's.

The incredible moment an outback ranger stumbled across a missing woman

If Tea was broken down and not found, she will be dead by now, there's no way around that. But if that had happened, I think her car would have been found, given the extensive searches.

Police considered the location of the car to be crucial, given she was last seen by a friend who dropped her off near the vehicle on October 16.

The missing car had sparked a theory Wright-Finger may have driven from the area and be in hiding over allegations she stole the vehicle in Proserpine.

Police have not spoken about Wednesday’s development and are not expected to do so until Thursday.

A desperate search for a missing teenage girl has ended in heartache as her body is found in remote bushland some six weeks after she posted disturbing TikTok videos.

About 10.30am on Thursday, police found the body of Wright-Finger about 600 metres from a stolen blue Toyota Prado she had been driving, which police found on Wednesday.

Early investigations suggested her death was non-suspicious.

Body of missing 19-year-old station worker found in north-west Queensland

And there it is. I can only imagine the pain her loved ones felt when there was speculation she was in hiding somewhere out of state deliberately. That never seemed like it had any basis solid enough to be a realistic theory, to me.

So, I suppose the question will be, was it an accident, some kind of medical event, or suicide, since they're saying no suspicious circs.

Sleep well, Tea.

I don't know if they do it with everything, but the official police release has links to mental health and suicide prevention hotlines at the bottom. If that isn't standard, I'm wondering if early indications are that she took her own life. We won't know more, likely, until the coroner's report.

Update 6: Missing woman, Richmond - Queensland Police News

I don't know if they do it with everything, but the official police release has links to mental health and suicide prevention hotlines at the bottom. If that isn't standard, I'm wondering if early indications are that she took her own life. We won't know more, likely, until the coroner's report.

Update 6: Missing woman, Richmond - Queensland Police News
I’m not sure if you’re in Australia or not, but I have noted that this is standard in cases that are a result of suicide.

They usually put that there if the police have the belief that someone took their own life.
I'm not sure how much evidence they'd need for that.

But I've never seen a case that had those links, which was later found not to be suicide.

I’m not sure if you’re in Australia or not, but I have noted that this is standard in cases that are a result of suicide.
I am Australian, and I think I have only seen it in media releases where suicide or mental health were mentioned. But I wasn't certain, which is why I didn't assert it as fact. I'm sure they're all waiting on the forensic pathologist or anthropologist's report before they're one hundred percent certain of anything. She was out there a long time. She was possibly skeletal.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back