Tech Forensics, computers cel phones, texts,

Correct, the warrants state that the location of AB's phone was not near the dump sites. We haven't been provided with any alternative sites for pings though, nor any indication of what calls or SMS were made in that time period.

Application/Affidavit by Inv. K. Craig on 29th Nov 2010
"10. On November 19, 2010, Elisa Baker was interviewed at the Hickory Police Department. During that interview, Elisa Baker stated that Zahra Baker died on September 24, 2010, and was disposed of on the following day. Elisa Baker stated that Adam Baker dismembered Zahra Baker's limbs and they disposed of them in various locations, including but not limited to, Christie Road in Hudson and Dudley Shoals Rd/Burns Rd area. From the information provided by Elisa Baker in regards to the date of Zahra Baker's death and date of disposal of Zahra Baker's body, Adam Baker was not in the area where Zahra Baker's body was disposed of, according to Adam Baker's telephone GPS location and cell tower location of his cellular telephone. However, Elisa Baker's cellular telephone GPS location and cell tower location is consistent with the date of disposal and the area of disposal that Elisa Baker pointed out to investigators.
17. Due to the deceit of Elisa Baker to Adam Baker about the relationship between her and Aaron Young and the GPS location and cell tower location of Elisa Baker and Adam Baker's cellular telephones, obtaining Aaron Young's telephone records for telephone number (*advertiser censored*)*advertiser censored*-0049 will likely provide information substantially related to this homicide investigation."

And so the request for all information related to AY's phone was made, and Motion granted on 29 Nov.

i would think that this particular LE is looking at every day not just the 25th, obviously they would use the 25th on the warrants as she stated she died on the 24th

but i am certain they are looking at the days previous and subsequent for that date

i would think that this particular LE is looking at every day not just the 25th, obviously they would use the 25th on the warrants as she stated she died on the 24th

but i am certain they are looking at the days previous and subsequent for that date

The warrants realeased so far give a range of dates. There must be additional unreleased warrants/documents, however, as there are dates being examined that are outside of the released warrants.

I posted this in another area, but I am still wondering about the cell phone pings. The pings only show that the phone was in the area, not who was using it. If AB and EB were together, maybe they were only using her phone. My husband and I do that all the time. Does he have an alibi for the 25th? Was his phone in use on the 24th or 25th and if so, where?

Was she pinged near the furniture store?

Or when was she pinging near the furniture store? Good question there hmmm. She had another adult with her that day too, didn't she?

LE must know who by now and what day for sure, I hope. If they are going off of her pings on the 25th they must feel strongly that this date is correct.

Unless AB pinged away from home the whole time from Sept 24 onwards, with someone collaborating he was actually with his cell phone (at work or out of town) he still does not get a free pass. His ten year old daughter went missing on 09/24 (if she was deceased, she was not 100%, out of bed?). Where the blazes was AB all those days prior to the 911 call?

Good point about when? Has anyone mentioned his records? Where was he pinging/gpsing , and was his phone static? His phone must have moved over 2 days.

Help me out, someone...does that mean that the GPS in AB's phone did not reflect that the phone was anywhere near the dump sites? Additionally, there were no calls or texts from his phone from those locations?

That was the way I took it. I really dont understand all the ping and GPS stuff. I would be really interested in where several phones and gps pings were at the time EBs were pinging at the dump sites. Id also love to know who she talked to and texted at the time. I think that would be a very telling thing. I cant imagine dumping body parts and holding an innocent conversation with someone at the same time KWIM JMO

i am going to try but not an expert rofl

some cell phones have apps that do give out the gps of a cell phone

even if they dont though it can be determine by how a cell phone pings off of towers

usually it is the distance travelled = speed x time

so if it is hitting off of 2 towers they can calculate about where the cell phone is if you though add in a 3rd tower you get something much like a triangle which gives a good indication of where it was thus a calculated gps location without a gps tracking device

i am gathering and IIRC AB stated he had been out of town working, i dont think it was ever determined for how long etc or stated for a fact that he was indeed but if he was and LE is able to back that up using not only pings but the GPS then i would think they would of confirmed quite quick whether or not with his cell phone if he indeed was where he said he was

IIRC the SW states that AB's pings do not show him in the areas EB claims she and AB disposed of remains. The SW states that while her cel pings in those areas, his does not. SW does NOT specifiy if AB's phone was or was not pinging elswhere at that time period.

IMO AB's cel phone may have been pinging elsewhere that day, which might explain why he is still not jailed at this point (not going into whether I agree or disagree with that decision) because EB's story wasn't adding up to LE after they had EB abd AB phone records.

This is the same SW I believe, where AY's cel records are requested. The statements about pings and EB/AB's pings on September 25th are a part of the probable cause statement in the warrant, explaining why they feel it needful to check AY's phone records during that time period.

Although the SW does not specify it, I believe that EB's cel phone was pinging in the disposal locations that day (25th) AND shows phone calls or texts to AY in the days prior to or on the day of. That is why LE suddenly wanted his records IMO.

Good point about when? Has anyone mentioned his records? Where was he pinging/gpsing , and was his phone static? His phone must have moved over 2 days.

So far all we've heard is they aren't located at the dump sites. Which only means he didn't have it there if he went along for the ride!

Something else that dawned on me, while AB (or someone) said he was OOT - not specifying where or when. He also put himself in the 14th St house on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the week the call was made to 911. So however OOT he may have been, he claimed to have been home, at least overnight, quite a lot. And he didn't question his baby, his own daughter was never once seen that whole time and he called 911 claiming she had just been found to be missing?

That EB must be quite the "unusual person" to make AB think she was there that whole time! And AB is also "unusual" in that his daughter may have been "missing" for almost 3 weeks and yet he didn't notice - CA we have met the perfect match for your daughter, ICA - real FOTY material, he and the MOTY have a lot in common.

So far all we've heard is they aren't located at the dump sites. Which only means he didn't have it there if he went along for the ride!

Something else that dawned on me, while AB (or someone) said he was OOT - not specifying where or when. He also put himself in the 14th St house on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the week the call was made to 911. So however OOT he may have been, he claimed to have been home, at least overnight, quite a lot. And he didn't question his baby, his own daughter was never once seen that whole time and he called 911 claiming she had just been found to be missing?

That EB must be quite the "unusual person" to make AB think she was there that whole time! And AB is also "unusual" in that his daughter may have been "missing" for almost 3 weeks and yet he didn't notice - CA we have met the perfect match for your daughter, ICA - real FOTY material, he and the MOTY have a lot in common.

Not gonna disagree with you on that one LCM.

It will be interesting to see once someone or someones go to trial what those cel record SW's gleaned regarding AB's actual location (if anything). I am of the opinion that AB's phone records show him (or at the very least, his phone) at some entirely different locations during the time in question. Time will tell I guess.

But I am totally with you, AB's conflicting statements about when he last saw Zahra and the fact that he was home all that week she was supposedly already dead, dismembered and disposed of do not buy him any goodwill on my part.

It will be interesting to see once someone or someones go to trial what those cel record SW's gleaned regarding AB's actual location (if anything). I am of the opinion that AB's phone records show him (or at the very least, his phone) at some entirely different locations during the time in question. Time will tell I guess.

But I am totally with you, AB's conflicting statements about when he last saw Zahra and the fact that he was home all that week she was supposedly already dead, dismembered and disposed of do not buy him any goodwill on my part.

Respectfully BBM

That's why I think in the long run his lack of cell phone pings at the dump sites will be overwhelmed by other significant issues. Even if it can't be confirmed that he participated in the actual disposal what about EB's statement about what he did "after" she died? What about that he didn't seem to have a clue as to where Zahra was for quite some time? IDK, there's just so much more that LE can piece together.

And, he could have been with EB during the disposal but maybe didn't have his phone or didn't have it turned on...Where was his phone?

IMO

I have some questions about mobile phones in the region we're discussing. Can anyone enlighten me please?

I noticed that a large number of phones were confiscated from the AB/EB residence, and there have been 2 (that I know of) phone numbers investigated that belonged, or seemed to belong, to EB.

– How practical and affordable is it to have multiple mobile phones and accounts?
– Do numbers/accounts require a plan?
– Can you buy prepaid SIM cards for a phone?
– What information is required to obtain a legal phone/plan/pre-paid SIM?
– Is there a big business in black market mobiles or SIM cards?

Reasons I ask:
In Australia we have the following:
– Mobile phones supplied with a plan - eg 18 months or 24 months plan @ $*advertiser censored* per month which includes the phone. If you lose phone in that time you still have to pay the $*advertiser censored* per month (or whatever agreed to amount which is often $300-ish/month). Most individuals choose this system.
– Plan for existing phone. You are just given the SIM card. Costs exactly the same as a plan with new phone, so everyone chooses to accept the offer of an updated phone. If you lose the SIM card you pay out the plan until the duration is up. Generally people give the old phone to someone with an older model phone who's still stuck on an older plan, or hand in for metal/plastic recycling.
– Pre-paid SIM card which you pay a monthly fee for. Typically approx $30 a month for total calls and SMS, after which you can only receive calls and SMS but not send. This is available either with a new phone (cheaper model so usually a couple of hundred dollars outlay at the start). You can also use an older phone that you already own. A monthly top-up payment is required. This system is used by parents of children who don't want to risk the child amassing hundreds of $ in calls over their plan limit, and by adults on a very strict budget.

All these plans and SIM cards require you to present a range of forms of ID: for example
– driver's license
– banking info (for auto debits)
– name/address/landline or other mobile # for cross referencing your payment history, etc
– employment details
– etc.
They will do a credit check on you before agreeing to the plan/pre-paid.
If you are a minor then the adult in charge is responsible for this information at purchase.

So, in Australia there are strict procedures in place to supply a mobile phone/SIM card on either a plan or pre-paid. You cannot walk in and walk out without providing such information. This way everything is traceable regarding primary ownership of the phone/plan.

Plans (the most common choice) are generally quite costly, so people generally only have one phone (plus occasionally an additional work phone).

I have no idea how the system works in the region where EB and AB lived. It may explain what I consider to be an unusual number of operational phones in EB's possession. I gather she had a Blackberry in addition to the two phones? Or was this one of the numbers?

Thanks!

Perhaps this had been answered. They never specified whether or not all the phones were activated and in working order. I know I have a few cells phones lying around my house that don't work anymore. My kid uses them as play phones. So with that said, they could have just been junk, old non working phones.

O am not one with defunct out of date cel phones laying around. But I will tell you, I know plenty of people who do exactly as you do. My sister and my son both have old, non-working cel phones that they let their kids "play" with as pretend phones. I also believe several of the phones siezed in the house ,may very well have been "defunct" and non-operational, just layin around sort of phones.

Perhaps this had been answered. They never specified whether or not all the phones were activated and in working order. I know I have a few cells phones lying around my house that don't work anymore. My kid uses them as play phones. So with that said, they could have just been junk, old non working phones.

i know in this household, each has there "work" cell and then their "personal" cell as do i

as well as some have stated above i do know people that keep old phones that no longer are active/work

like tl has stated these are SW's, i firmly believe there is still much more to come out and the ride will not be pretty MOO

i must post this though sorry that it is OT

This LE is truly to be commended

Most like you have stated are used to hearing about the cell phone pings and between 2 towers you can get a middle point but that middle point can be miles apart, when you put in that 3rd tower you get a traingulation which gives a gps spot which is usually quite specific

Respectfully BBM

That's why I think in the long run his lack of cell phone pings at the dump sites will be overwhelmed by other significant issues. Even if it can't be confirmed that he participated in the actual disposal what about EB's statement about what he did "after" she died? What about that he didn't seem to have a clue as to where Zahra was for quite some time? IDK, there's just so much more that LE can piece together.

And, he could have been with EB during the disposal but maybe didn't have his phone or didn't have it turned on...Where was his phone?

IMO

Has it been ascertained that his phone was even operable? If he was not on a contract/plan but rather had a 'pay as you use' phone, he may have not had minutes on his phone and so it would not be usable. Even though he would still have been able to use the phone to call 911, he would not have been able to make other calls. The phone may have just been thrown on a counter or in a drawer during that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back