Teen Arraigned in Phoebe Prince Case Arrested for Drunken Driving

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WGGB) -- Austin Renaud, who is one of six teenagers facing charges in connection with the alleged bullying of Phoebe Prince, has been arrested early Sunday for drunken driving.
According to the HHolyoke Police Department arrest log, Renaud, 18, of 185 Garland St., Springfield, was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. on Northampton Street.

According to MassLive.com, Renaud had failed a breathalyzer test at the Holyoke Police Station after being arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and was released after posting $40 bail. Renaud has been scheduled to be arraigned on a charge of operating under the influence of liquor Tuesday in Holyoke District Court.
http://www.wggb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12336448

According to police reports, an officer spotted Renaud’s vehicle stopped along Route 5 at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning with the hazard lights on. Renaud handed the officer his driver’s license without being asked and said he had a flat tire. The officer noticed that Renaud’s eyes were bloodshot, his speech was slurred and that he had an odor of alcohol on his breath, the report states.
If Renaud or another of the adult defendants commits a crime while free on personal recognizance, the district attorney's office can request a criminal colloquoy. In that case, the defendant would be called to court and a judge would have the option of imposing bail or ordering the defendant held without right to bail.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/austin_renaud_of_springfield_c.html

Another Article:

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/austin_renaud_of_springfield_c.html

SNIP:
"According to police reports, an officer spotted Renaud’s vehicle stopped along Route 5 at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning with the hazard lights on. Renaud handed the officer his driver’s license without being asked and said he had a flat tire. The officer noticed that Renaud’s eyes were bloodshot, his speech was slurred and that he had an odor of alcohol on his breath, the report states."

$40 BAIL!@!#!@##$!@$!@

"If Renaud or another of the adult defendants commits a crime while free on personal recognizance, the district attorney's office can request a criminal colloquoy. In that case, the defendant would be called to court and a judge would have the option of imposing bail or ordering the defendant held without right to bail."

I wonder why his parents would even allow him to be out of the house at ALL unsupervised right now....let alone drinking AND out at 3 am!!!!!! If, god forbid, any child under my care would ever get into any kind of trouble with the law---they would be out only for sports or chaperoned school events, they would be getting the best grades of their life, and they would darn well be so tired from doing community service projects that they would have begged to be allowed to get to sleep by midnight!!!!!

jmo

I wonder why his parents would even allow him to be out of the house at ALL unsupervised right now....let alone drinking AND out at 3 am!!!!!! If, god forbid, any child under my care would ever get into any kind of trouble with the law---they would be out only for sports or chaperoned school events, they would be getting the best grades of their life, and they would darn well be so tired from doing community service projects that they would have begged to be allowed to get to sleep by midnight!!!!!

jmo

He's 18yo. He might not live at home anymore.

He's 18yo. He might not live at home anymore.

IIRC...a number of FB posts etc. refer to him being with his family, etc. BUT, even so, his attorney should have made absolutely sure that this kid KNEW that his behavior must be beyond reproach for the next few months. This kid, out of all of them, was likely to get the least blame and punishment. It was widely reported that he did not participate in the bullying incidents. His supporters seemed to have the most reasonable grounds to back him up, now that is all blown out of the water.

jmoo

IIRC...a number of FB posts etc. refer to him being with his family, etc. BUT, even so, his attorney should have made absolutely sure that this kid KNEW that his behavior must be beyond reproach for the next few months. This kid, out of all of them, was likely to get the least blame and punishment. It was widely reported that he did not participate in the bullying incidents. His supporters seemed to have the most reasonable grounds to back him up, now that is all blown out of the water.

jmoo

yeppp...most definitely. He is definitely in huge trouble with his lawyer, at the least ;)

jmoo

I would not call being charged with statutory rape the "least of trouble." That charge could get someone up to life in prison in MA.

jmo

ITA! And if he was my child, he wouldn't have access to a car. :furious:

VIDEO: Austin Renauds lawyer talks about arrest...I have not listened, no speakers, right now...anyone care to give a synopsis of the video, feel free...;) I tried to attach Renuads photo but I wonder if someone with better skills would be so kind and post it on our photo thread...

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/renauds-lawyer-to-speak-about-arrest

Attachments

• Teen_charged_in_bullyi0c1d58fe-4760-4e04-943d-5a1f4c3c259e0001_20100420063651_640_48022.jpg
    Teen_charged_in_bullyi0c1d58fe-4760-4e04-943d-5a1f4c3c259e0001_20100420063651_640_48022.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 27
Renaud, 18, of 185 Garland St., Springfield, was arrested by Holyoke police early Sunday morning after they reportedly found him in his car by the side of Route 5 with bloodshot eyes and alcohol on his breath.

Renaud is charged with statutory rape in Hampshire Superior Court in the Prince case.

Prince, 15, hanged herself Jan. 14 after what investigators say was months of harassment by several classmates at South Hadley High School.

Springfield lawyer Terrence Dunphy, who is representing Renaud in the Prince case, also appeared as his attorney Tuesday. Dunphy waived the reading of the charge, and asked that an innocent plea be entered.

Judge Mark Mason scheduled a pretrial conference for June 11.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/austin_renaud_defendant_in_pho.html

Attachments

• reaudincort420jpg-ada82077b074d0a6_medium.jpg
    reaudincort420jpg-ada82077b074d0a6_medium.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members