Teen Cancer Patient not Allowed to Graduate with her Class

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by gitana1, Jun 4, 2008.

1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Click on this link: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/06/04/cancer.student.graduation.kxtv
    They won't allow her to "walk" with the rest of her classmates! This is disgusting! The principal seems so cold and uncaring. I feel so sorry for this girl who suffered so much and now can't even participate in such an important ceremony. I e-mailed the principal, all the vice-principals and school counselors and sent a copy of the e-mail to the school district. Just e-mailing the principal is probably not enough. I know you websleuths! You can make things happen. Will you contact the district and let them know how you feel? There is a contact form to e-mail them, here: http://www.wjusd.org/departments/common/content/contact.php
    If someone could find contact info for the district superintendent that would be great, so he or she could be contacted as well. This is just not right!

2. Loading...

3. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

I sent them a message.

4. gitana1

Here's another link to the news story incase the above did not work:
    http://www.news10.net/video/player_news10.aspx?aid=55987&bw.
    Also, apparently now the principal has issued a "statement" lambasting the media and stating she actually is caring and also saying that Leanna will be allowed to "sit on the field" with her classmates. Looks like she still won't be able to walk, though. I'm just saying, let her walk, even if she is handed a blank peice of paper and not given a real diploma. Is that so hard? Here's the updated news story: http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=42732
    Here's the principals recent statement in its entirety. I'm not buying it and I still don't understand why this girl can't be allowed to walk across the damn stage!: http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=42785

5. gitana1

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. tempusfugit

tempusfugit Inactive

gitana, I tried the link for video, but it keeps shutting by computer down, is there another link or link to article that you can post? I would be more than willing to contact district and let them know how I feel.

7. deanws

deanws Former Member

I can't get into the link either. :(

8. gitana1

Hi tempusfugit! I posted another link to the Channel 10 news video in the third post above. Take a look. Here's another link to comments by locals to the principal's recent statement that Leanna can sit on the field with her classmates. Many are annoyed that the principal can't even seem to use the child's name. She still comes across as stubborn and unfeeling to me and the kid still can't walk!:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/education/edu-etc/T5KCQ833HT9OISPLR#comments

9. gitana1

10. *02

*02 Former Member

11. tempusfugit

tempusfugit Inactive

Thank you guys for the links. I just hate it that they won't let Leanna walk the stage! This is heartbreaking, after all she's been through :(
    Is there no compassion anymore, what's wrong with this principle??

12. concernedperson

I received a reply and the person said they would share my info with the superintendent of schools.

13. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

Whoever makes the decisions and decided that this young woman should not be allowed to walk across that stage with her class is a SOUL LESS beyotch who should rot in hell for eternity. But before that, she should be deeply ashamed of herself, loose all of her teeth, hair and friends and have to file bankruptcy.

14. concernedperson

That is what I really wanted to say but didn't. I was nice but succinct. There is no harm in letting the child walk with her classmates as maybe she will catch up with them later. Or maybe she won't. It doesn't do any good to deride the human spirit for some mindless pursuit of exactness when this child has faced the worst.

We really need to get back to being people and not this book oriented mindset that doesn't allow for people. And, situations.

15. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

You trying to say that my post wasn't nice? Did I pray for the skank to get a terminal disease? NO. Did I pray for the skank to get a sexually transmitted disease? NO. I was holding in ALL of my anger and simply posting a remark about what I think should happen to the human pile of waste that won't let the girl walk.

:):):):):):):):)

See the smiley faces? I'm nice.:rolleyes:

16. concernedperson

Yes, you are nice. But my response was to the school board so I had a degree of decorum. No, I don't want a terminal disease inflicted on the skank but I certainly want her held accountable for an unwise hurtful decision and I want her flip attitude to go away.

17. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

You're so nice!! I honestly would have said that same thing had I written to the school board. You KNOW I would!!! LOL Wouldn't have helped this girl though, so I thought this was the better place!!!! Something tells me she'll be held accountable, one way or another. One day or another!!

18. concernedperson

You are probably correct as they said it would be sent and then it is up to review. We all know what that means. Skank gets a free pass for now but not the other. There is someone watching the BIG PASS and it isn't the school board.

19. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

what a horrible decision to make. i don't know why these people are allowed in our school systems!

20. philamena

philamena Former Member

:clap::clap::clap::clap: DITTO

21. Class-z

Class-z Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Tell us how you really feel. :) LOL!