Teen mom shoots intruder dead 1 week after husband dies of cancer

There is a lot about this story i do not understand and your points are well taken. I cannot understand why she didn't turn on the lights or yell...not that she is obligated to, but seems natural...and she had a dog in the pic with her and we never hear the dog bark during the 911 tape...perhaps it was outside or something..and she said something odd...she suspected someone had been coming into her house while she was away and taking her husbands meds....i have thought about that..who would break into a home and take some of his drugs then come back for more..and if it happened once, who would leave their doors open after that? and then there is the story about the alledge stalking behavior...her mother said he stalked her at a rodeo two years before..followed her out to her truck...but she said she had seen the guy around town but didn't know him...but then he showed up at her house the day or so before acting strangely but left because her family was there..said he introduced himself as a neighbor and left...hmmm...aren;t all those accts inconsistent with the others...stalking is not one encounter at a rodeo two years ago, nor is it seeing him around town...i really think there is more to this story..i am sure i will be unpopular in here...i always cheer when i read about the bad guy getting what he deserves..and this guy did kick the door open and that to me is suicide and justifiable to shoot...but i can't help thinking there is more to this story.

it was 2 in the afternoon what good would turning on a light and yes she could have yelled" me and my infant are in theback bed room just kick the door on in and come down the hall straight back", Geez...

I'm glad this girl protected herself and her baby. As for the "what ifs" going around, really!? Before my mom died we had rx pills in the house and my mom was TERRIFIED that someone would find out and break in. So terrified that she kept a gun by her bed. She wasn't paranoid for no reason, there had been several break ins in our town including two that ended up in murder of two innocents over pills that had been rightfully prescribed and used by them. In small towns this information gets out.

As for "lying about stalking". If the mother said that this man stalked her daughter 2 years ago, then I believe it. Obviously there is a story there and no one is obligated to tell it to the world.

I don't really want to open this incident up for more discussion, but I must add this:

Sarah did what she had to do, given her circumstances. She had good reason for her actions from what I understand, based on many reports and mostly on her own words (radio interview, linked above).

All that said, I am not certain that the law would protect persons acting as she did, in other localities or in other circumstances.

I'm glad this girl protected herself and her baby. As for the "what ifs" going around, really!? Before my mom died we had rx pills in the house and my mom was TERRIFIED that someone would find out and break in. So terrified that she kept a gun by her bed. She wasn't paranoid for no reason, there had been several break ins in our town including two that ended up in murder of two innocents over pills that had been rightfully prescribed and used by them. In small towns this information gets out.

As for "lying about stalking". If the mother said that this man stalked her daughter 2 years ago, then I believe it. Obviously there is a story there and no one is obligated to tell it to the world.

BBM. I hadn't even thought about this. Pill addicts are probably very good at finding out through local talk who's has what illness. They'd be able to figure out from that what kind of meds that person is probably taking.

This young widow has not asked for money, but she is in need. I will definately watch this show. I have heard her on the radio, she is amazing.

http://blog.newsok.com/breakingnews...o-protect-baby-to-appear-on-dr-phil-thursday/

Oklahoma teen mom who shot intruder to protect baby to appear on Dr. Phil Thursday

Blanchard mom Sarah McKinley will discuss her ordeal Thursday on the Dr. Phil show, a spokesperson for the program confirmed.

The program is set to air at 9 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, on KOCO 5 in the Oklahoma City area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back