Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b10cc-44b1-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

On Thursday, the owner of the restaurant where Graham was last seen before she disappeared said that Graham never entered the establishment with her alleged abductor, instead waiting outside for him while he purchased drinks there.

Brice Cunningham, owner of the upscale Tempo Restaurant in Charlottesville, said he saw Jesse L. “LJ” Matthew Jr., 32, at the restaurant late on Friday, Sept. 12 and then again during the early morning hours of Sept. 13. Cunningham said that Matthew drank shots of bourbon with two other customers at about 11:45 p.m. and then saw him enjoying music on the restaurant’s dance floor.

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left sometime after. He said that Tempo staffers, who were checking identification to ensure patrons were 21, saw Graham outside the bar. He said staffers noticed she was intoxicated and saw her leave with Matthew, walking toward the nearby Downtown Mall.

And she may have never seen him before-- I'm just saying it's much more likely that he's brought/bought booze for girls at parties than being their cocaine or adderol dealer as has been suggested on websleuths now gawd only knows how many times. Could he have a drug hookup? Sure. But based on my experience, ***if anything*** I think he's mainly that guy that offers to get underage kids booze.

Looking at the Yelp pics of Tempo, I just don't think that JM would go there without knowing a bartender or server maybe? It seems out of his league...Hmmm...Someone had to have brought him there. I doubt this is a place he would go to just for a few drinks by himself.

Anyway to look and see who might work there with a connection to JM???

Anyone interested. Here is the Yelp link:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tempo-charlottesville

and the resto link:
http://www.tempocville.com/info-contact/

If JM was a regular there, then he was IMO probably known to offer recreational drugs ... an unsavory, colorful character.

they deleted she was observed to be intoxicated.....I think they might be trying to cover their butt

here's the first draft, I don't see that in it?

ByYrO3UCMAAN5Xc.jpg

I'm led to believe that the owner is trying to save his butt for a minor being served alcohol

I'm surprised from what I've seen of JM and what people are saying about Tempo (High prices, snooty), that he was a regular there. Seems a odd match to me! But what do I know.

I wonder how often JM picked up/left with girls from this bar? (just thinking out loud)

I agree! Here are a few items from the menu:
Oysters & Sweet Onion Cream
Ginger Scented Pork Crepinette, Seared Foie Gras
Duck and Truffled Foie Gras Ballotine
Slow Sous-vide Cod (Truffled white bean puree & squid ink beurre blanc)

I am sorry- I do not see JM in this place eating foie gras- remember he loves his grandma's greens... I think he went there looking for upscale ladies.

Remember he lives with 2 roommates, he was late with rent, and his car was....well it needed maintenance....:snooty:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b10cc-44b1-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

On Thursday, the owner of the restaurant where Graham was last seen before she disappeared said that Graham never entered the establishment with her alleged abductor, instead waiting outside for him while he purchased drinks there.

Brice Cunningham, owner of the upscale Tempo Restaurant in Charlottesville, said he saw Jesse L. “LJ” Matthew Jr., 32, at the restaurant late on Friday, Sept. 12 and then again during the early morning hours of Sept. 13. Cunningham said that Matthew drank shots of bourbon with two other customers at about 11:45 p.m. and then saw him enjoying music on the restaurant’s dance floor.

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left sometime after. He said that Tempo staffers, who were checking identification to ensure patrons were 21, saw Graham outside the bar. He said staffers noticed she was intoxicated and saw her leave with Matthew, walking toward the nearby Downtown Mall.

thanks! WORTH REPEATING.

I don't think Tempo's version is wrong, considering that the witness who claimed Hannah was in the bar was probably drinking (the restaurant had closed at 10pm). It's entirely possible the person DID see Hannah and in their mind they mistakenly placed her inside. So that's not what I find interesting about the release.

"He said staffers noticed she was intoxicated and saw her leave with Matthew, walking toward the nearby Downtown Mall."

Wouldn't that be back from where they came? If so, why weren't they seen on camera again?

"He said staffers noticed she was intoxicated and saw her leave with Matthew, walking toward the nearby Downtown Mall."

Wouldn't that be back from where they came? If so, why weren't they seen on camera again?
That's how I interpreted it. But the last known video was taken from Tuel Jewelers in the 300 block of E. Main, and I believe LE has said that JM's car was parked on 4th St. So even if they walked back onto the Mall and proceeded westbound for a block, they wouldn't pass in front of Tuel (or Sal's in the 200 block) again before turning onto 4th.

Not sure where to post this with all the threads and this being my first post and all :) But I have been listening to Coy for the past loong hour and he finally said he is going to publish the article he has been hinting at for days now, tonight. It involves patrons who were at Tempo that night so figured I'd post it here. Hopefully it will finally get at the 'was she in there or not' question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back