Tennesse Body Farm

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by poco, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

2. Loading...

3. Cagney

Cagney Out of the corner!

thanks!!

4. gaia

gaia Cat Servant

Poco, WHAT IN THE WORLD could or would the LE send to the Tn. Body Farm? Do you have a guess? I mean, I used to live in Oak Ridge, Tn. (20) mi. from Knoxville and both my kids went (one still finishing up) to UT. We've known about this world-renowned body farm for years, but I thought you'd need a skeleton or body flesh or something for them to help you. Maybe they HAVE the body, but I don't think so. What's the deal?

gaia:confused:

5. monoxide

monoxide Former Member

Air samples......wow you're way behind?

6. monoxide

monoxide Former Member

Body Farm recently worked on the Charles Manson case......they were looking for old graves near the Manson family's hideout. I think they had some equipment that could determine if a body was buried under the soil....

7. c'monalready

c'monalready New Member

A Non-Fiction book you might enjoy: "Stiff-the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach. This book was awesome, I couldn't put it down until I finished it! She took a tour of the Body Farm and talks a lot about it in the book as well.

8. sariebell

sariebell Artsy Fartsy

My mom, Gaia, is way behind. I have gotten her interested this week, I think.

Re: The Body Farm. When you drive past that area on Neyland Drive at the bend or on Alcoa Highway, sometimes you can smell it. At least, that is what I have been told for years that stench is. In the summer when it is really hot and humid, it just hits you for a bit as you drive by. I always wondered what that particular putrid smell was and was told by several people that it was in fact the stench of human decomp. That being said, I imagine that Casey's car had a similar pungent odor and it is impossible to miss in my opinion.

So, "Hi, Mom!" Read it and catch up with us while you can. Looks like you still have power and Internet, so you guys have survived the storm! Woohoo!

9. monoxide

monoxide Former Member

:) I always considered the body farm the best in the world...

10. gaia

gaia Cat Servant

WELL, EXCUSE ME SARA (my dd) AND MONOXIDE! I guess I'm WAAAY behind so you'll have to put up with this old woman - my mind is going I guess. Anyway, yep, Sara has me interested to a larger degree than I was earlier. It's an intriging story and I hope the killers (my opinion only, of course) Casey and her mom obstructing justice, get their comeuppance!

Hi, Sarie! Nice to talk to you on here. Call me. We survived Hanna without any real trouble. Do have the power off and the (your pop didn't think we needed it! - you know) generator is still going!

gaia:crazy:

11. LovingTheChaos

LovingTheChaos New Member

Discovery channel did a documentary on the body farm. They replay it every now & then. It is very interesting. I can't find anything online, or I would provide a link.

12. monoxide

monoxide Former Member

:) Didn't mean it in a bad way.

13. Trapshooter

Trapshooter New Member

14. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Wow, thanks, will look that one up to. I just might donate my body to them ---- I think I'd have to pay, but that would be okay. I will ask for them to particularly put me in the sun as I use to be a sun worshiper, but age has taught me to take the sun with more caution. But, what the H, once I'm dead, what would it matter. Do you think I would tan?

15. DCReplay

DCReplay New Member

I first heard about The Body Farm when I read a book called "Bodies We've Buried" which is about the National Forensic Academy. Part of the training they offer occurs at The Body Farm.

Very interesting read.

Lisa

16. Fuzzymuffin

Fuzzymuffin Crazy Dog Lady

17. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

thank you poco for this thread. And Fuzzy, that was when I first learned about the body farm....when I read P. Cornwell's book, The Body Farm, which is A GREAT BOOK!

18. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

19. TURBOTHINK

TURBOTHINK Former Member

Thought some of you guys would like a tour of the "BODY FARM" at the University of Tennessee.

The Body Farm
    On the campus of the University of Tennessee lies a patch of ground unlike any in the world. The "Body Farm" is a place where human corpses are left to the elements, and every manner of decay is fully explored—for the sake of science and the cause of justice.

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_body_farm_tour.html

The Bone Detective

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_gunshot.html

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_body_farm_and_beyond.html

20. MiraclesHappen

MiraclesHappen RIP CAYLEE MARIE

Whoa THANKS!!!

I took the tour when I accidentally found it while looking ...I think it was for your radio stations.

It is just amazing, fascinating stuff. Sad we need it though.

21. mrstewart

mrstewart Former Member

Did anyone ever confirm if someone from the Body Farm was on their way to Florida? It was mentioned a few days ago...just wondering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.