Ter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tworley, May 14, 2021.

1. tworley

tworley New Member

I know this is a long shot..... I have been listening to a lot of unsolved mysteries and it made me remember a young man that was killed in 1980 in Point Pleasant WV. His Name is Terry McCausland. He was found under some bushes along the main road. I cannot find anything about the case except that it happened. I did see one reference that said the suspect was found and given 5 years but I can't even find that anywhere. It was just a post on a forum
    Where would be a good place to start?
    Does anyone know anything about the case?
    Thanks in advance

byo likes this.

2. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

JudgeJoe likes this.
  3. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

byo, Laughing and JudgeJoe like this.
  4. Laughing

Not main stream media, but a start:

Family`s For The Missing: Murders Unsolved and Missing in Mason Co. West Virginia

With a link to a newspaper article, LE report, or other approved source, we'd have more to work with.

Without a link, we're kind of stuck.

@tworley, consider clicking Report in your initial post, and adding Mr. McCausland's name, date missing/deceased, and location to the thread title?

Also, if you knew him or the area, consider becoming a Verified Insider:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

jmho ymmv lrr

byo likes this.
  5. Laughing

From RootsWeb, a genealogy site:

James Terry McCausland: Birth: 22 JUL 1961. Death: JUNE 1980 in Mason City, West Virginia

This is the text of a newspaper that includes Mr. McCausland's name:

http://history.meigslibrary.org/items/show/14951?output=omeka-xml

MAN SHOT TO DEATH Several people are being questioned as the investigation of the death of James Terry McCausland intensifies according to Mason County Sheriff James Hall. Preliminary examination of the body by the state medical examiner has shown a bullet wound in the victim's chest. The bullet was probably fired from a 22 calibre rifle, Hall said. According to Mason County Coroner Dr. John Grubb, the official reports of the examinations will not be completed for two- three weeks.

Haven't deciphered the date of this newspaper, sorry? This is not stored in a format that works well with my laptop!

Best, Laughing