Terri Horman, Getting Death Threats, Lawyer Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he means death threats made to her personally and directly or just happened to read three angry blogs while on the net.

I can't help but wonder if this is standard operating procedure for defense attorneys who have highly unpopular (or hated actually) clients to try to get some sympathy.

I'm probably wrong, but I swear I don't see the purpose in telling others how hated she is.

So...you are getting death threats... Hand your cell phone to LE, let them collect and manage them for you (get another cell phone -- one only your friends can contact). Hand them your laptop if threats are coming by email, make sure they know all of your email addresses so that they can collect all the threats. Let LE run down those making death threats -- "open book" life? Wuh wuh wuh oh!

Do we have an actual "quote" of the word "death" used with threats? I read one where there were threats of harm, but the word "death" was not used with it.

Wow. Just. Wow. Innocent until proven guilty no longer applies. Death threats are reasonable to expect if you aren't defending yourself against a whole lot of accusations. Reasoned persons can mock the number of threats as not enough or what you deserve.

Wow.

Snipped..................................................

The scrutiny surrounding Terri Moulton Horman’s past has outraged her legal representatives. Houze claims the “media frenzy” and “witch hunt” have resulted in “threats of harm routinely directed at my client"

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-continues-Friday/YlatrWjAuE-ZOANRVs5W-g.cspx

So is she keep getting the three same death threats, or are there three people routinely threatening her with death?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm wrong for this, but it makes me giggle that she's only received three death threats, if that's true. Not saying they couldn't be scary, but only three? With the wackjobs out there, and the venom, she's only gotten three?

Something is just weird and kind of humorous about that (not the death threats themselves, just the number), unless he was wrong and she's getting way more than three, or there are three wackjobs have that have devoted their lives to threatening her.

Death Threat Law & Legal Definition

Under state criminal codes, which vary by state, it is an offense to knowingly utter or convey a threat to cause death or bodily harm to any person.

It is also an offense to threaten to burn, destroy or damage property or threaten to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that belongs to a person.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/death-threat/

wonder if kyron was ever threatened? wonder if he had a heads up that someone was going to take him? At least Terri knows people are upset with her apparent lack of cooperation

Wow. Just. Wow. Innocent until proven guilty no longer applies. Death threats are reasonable to expect if you aren't defending yourself against a whole lot of accusations. Reasoned persons can mock the number of threats as not enough or what you deserve.

Wow.

BBM

I don't know if this was directed at me or not, but I was most certainly not "mocking" the number of threats, as I don't support anyone making such threats, ever. (Just wanted to make sure no one misinterpreted my surprize above.)

ETA: Being surprized by the number is NOT the same thing as thinking she deserved more, or any at all, at least in my case.

It is, imo, completely and utterly idiotic for anyone to send death threats to anyone involved in a criminal investigation. What does anyone think it will do? Inspire the truth?? Because some crazy person threatens a witness??? What a waste of energy...

Not sure if this is ok, mods if not please move where need be, I just came across this:

Kyron Horman's Stepmother, Terri Horman, Getting Death Threats, Lawyer Says July 16, 2010

Kyron Horman 's stepmother, who has reportedly received three death threats, will go before a judge today who is expected to decide how soon she will be forced out of the family's Oregon home.

Former FBI agent says Terri Horman's behavior is "detached and narcissistic."In the six weeks since 7-year-old Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school science fair, Terri Horman has gone from devoted mother to despicable villain in the eyes of her family, which has accused her of withholding infomation about her last moments with Kyron and allegedly attempting to hire the landscaper to kill her husband.

But Horman's lawyer, Stephen Houze, is now saying that the media frenzy surrounding the case has morphed into a "witch hunt."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-terri-horman-death-threats-facing-eviction/story?id=11178014http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-terri-horman-death-threats-facing-eviction/story?id=11178014

Houze is right-it has morphed into a witch hunt. So, if TH would like to be removed from the firestorm, she should make sure that she takes the appropriate steps to clear herself from this investigation. JMO.

It is, imo, completely and utterly idiotic for anyone to send death threats to anyone involved in a criminal investigation. What does anyone think it will do? Inspire the truth?? Because some crazy person threatens a witness??? What a waste of energy...

I actually don't think the people making death threats care anything about the truth, or even about Kyron. They want to get some sick pleasure and feelings of power by spreading their hatred and misery around, and TH just happened to be an easy target right now.

Houze is right-it has morphed into a witch hunt. So, if TH would like to be removed from the firestorm, she should make sure that she takes the appropriate steps to clear herself from this investigation. JMO.

Those appropriate steps happen with her lawyer directing her. I simply cannot believe this ........... attitude of acceptance that she should expect death threats. I'm gobsmacked.

maybe her lawyer should advise her to take her mobile phone number off her FB profile.

edited to say: I see it's gone now, it was there yesterday, not a good idea

There was a phone number for her listed on the RO petition, too, I think. I wonder if she had to change her number(s).

Those appropriate steps happen with her lawyer directing her. I simply cannot believe this ........... attitude of acceptance that she should expect death threats. I'm gobsmacked.

Maybe I am just no longer shocked at what people can do to others anonymously.

Doesn't make it right or legal. I certainly wish people wouldn't. I'm just not shocked by it.

Simply MOO.

ETA: Ultimately, you are right, debs - we shouldn't expect this kind of behaviour. I am sad that I do.

I mean, if he was looking to get her into some kind of protective custody, I could see the relevance, but what does this have to do with the motion to get her out of the house quicker? If anything, IMO, if she's getting death threats, moving her to an unknown location would be DESIRABLE.

:cow:

Welcome!! I totally agree with you. I would want to hide out away from EVERYONE if I were getting death threats. I would welcome moving out of the house with open arms.

She should quickly move out of her residence in that rural, heavily wooded area if she is so frightened.

There was a phone number for her listed on the RO petition, too, I think. I wonder if she had to change her number(s).

I would find it hard to change my number if my 7yo was missing, as Kyron is likely to have it memorized. If the phone is in KH's name, I find it hard to believe he would consent to changing the numbers.

They should never have released it in the first place, IMO.

ETA: They shouldn't have released it for safety reasons, but, though that is a major reason, also now that it's out there, how can they be sure if any calls to the home claiming to have Kyron, etc, are legit? It should have remained secret.

:Banane19::Welcome-12-june::newbie:

Come on in meowmo, we don't bite :)

yes, come in!
welcome-mat.jpg

Maybe I am just no longer shocked at what people can do to others anonymously.

Doesn't make it right or legal. I certainly wish people wouldn't. I'm just not shocked by it.

Simply MOO.

I am of the same mind. Sadly not much shocks me anymore. I have become quite jaded. I don't condone their behavior, but I am not shocked.

Just wanted to say, I wasn't being coldhearted in my last post. After watch a four hour hearing in the Casey case yesterday where her family was trying lie by omission and change some facts (which fell flat), I come over here to see that TH is being threatened, and I could help but laugh when I saw the total was three. Casey, I'm sure, has received HUNDREDS of death threats, if not more. I know there's a lot of venom and hate for TH out there, but apparently there's not enough for people to care about threatening her personally more. At least that's my take on it. Some people can be big talkers, but flake out when it comes to action.

And death threats or threats of harm are serious. She has a right to be afraid even with three death threats. I was in no way minimizing that or trying to play that down. I guess I'm cynical, and if TH is narcisstic, she probably is wondering why she doesn't get more threats. Maybe she's not as scary as we'd all like to her be. Just because you're a murderer doesn't mean you're an evil villain. Sometimes murder is the coward's way out of dealing with things. Just look at Casey Anthony, perfect example.

In any case, no one should be threatened, and I'm sure KH, DY, and TY are threatened too. I've seen a lot venom directed at them as well. I guess I just can't take Big Bad TH seriously when she's only got three threats against her. That doesn't make her America's most hated, in my opinion. And it doesn't make me feel any sorrier for her. I bet KH, DY, and TY have just as many against them and you don't seem complaining about it, oh woe is me.

I guess I feel like she has no idea what it means to be really threatened, to really think your life is in danger. It seems like she takes anything against her and tries to make herself a victim of it to garner sympathy and get people on her side. I've dealt with people exactly like this, and believe me, if they got a hangnail, they'd find some way to blame it on someone else and say they feel like they are in danger. I'm not saying people don't hate TH and there's not venom out there, but she is just a little too quick with the victimness and too slow on being honest and cooperative.

I just don't think she's in a whole lot of danger, and if she really thought that, she wouldn't be doing illegal, outrageous, and licentious things, and then crying boo hoo when she has to finally leave her home - this after she asked for money before leaving. And now it's I'm being threatened and I'm afraid! Where was THAT before everything that has happened?

Long time lurker, first time poster. :newbie: Be nice, pretty please?

Much has been said (see thread about TMH retaining attny) about Houze being a smooth talker, good with PR, strategic with what he says/releases to media, etc (IIRC).

Of all the issues surrounding TMH and her possible involvement, why on earth would he speak up (when he has been downright MUM up to this point) about DEATH THREATS from what we can only assume are, as someone upthread put it, "whackadoodles?" How does releasing this information help Terri? Is this supposed to garner sympathy for her?

I mean, if he was looking to get her into some kind of protective custody, I could see the relevance, but what does this have to do with the motion to get her out of the house quicker? If anything, IMO, if she's getting death threats, moving her to an unknown location would be DESIRABLE.

:cow:
I believe he spoke about this because it will be his "argument" this afternoon for why she needs extra time to move. moo

Also, seems he is blaming the family for "fanning the flames"! http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Hea...ng-step-mom-Terri-to-leave-home-98606239.html

****is he REALLY going to go there and blame Kaine and DY for fanning the flames that caused the death threats????******* THUD

Terri's attorney Houze said the ability for her to move out was difficult due to the media "witch hunt" and news conferences held by the Hormans were "fanning the flames." He argued his client should be granted until Monday afternoon.

And welcome to websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member