Terri Horman, Getting Death Threats, Lawyer Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is she keep getting the three same death threats, or are there three people routinely threatening her with death?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm wrong for this, but it makes me giggle that she's only received three death threats, if that's true. Not saying they couldn't be scary, but only three? With the wackjobs out there, and the venom, she's only gotten three?

Something is just weird and kind of humorous about that (not the death threats themselves, just the number), unless he was wrong and she's getting way more than three, or there are three wackjobs have that have devoted their lives to threatening her.

I think the "routine" threats he's referring to are probably just from the comments people are leaving on news sites, etc. Here comes the spin, spin, spin...can't get a fair trial here, nope, no way. And even if we could, there are threats, yep, threats...lots of 'em...well, at least three.

I wonder if the 3 actual threateners are among the obvious candidates.

Yes, yes, obviously, those threats are highly innapropriate and DO NOT HELP anyone, anything. But, if they help get her out of the house because her safety might be at stake, then I guess they served some purpose?

Right now, Kaine feels Terri is a threat to himself and the baby. He has made this clear in court, and the court has agreed with him. They should have rights to the home due to the baby's familiarity/need for it. Terri needs to be placed elsewhere at this point.

If LE and Kaine have reason to believe the landscaper's story of how Terri wanted to kill Kaine, then frankly, she is capable of hurting anyone, other than just Kaine.

Terri's credibility went out the window when the landscaper blew the whistle.

Those appropriate steps happen with her lawyer directing her. I simply cannot believe this ........... attitude of acceptance that she should expect death threats. I'm gobsmacked.

Clearly my intention did not translate well-no one should expect death threats. NO ONE should expect to be ground to dust in the media.

I should have separated my thoughts-I want TH to take whatever steps she needs to take in order to take the focus off of her. It is a colossal waste of everyone's time to be focused on her if she had nothing to do with any of the events surrounding the disappearance of Kyron. I am certain LE would LOVE to cross her off the list as well. I want her to take those steps in order to allow resources to be appropriately allocated ELSEWHERE.

I would find it hard to change my number if my 7yo was missing, as Kyron is likely to have it memorized. If the phone is in KH's name, I find it hard to believe he would consent to changing the numbers.

They should never have released it in the first place, IMO.

ETA: They shouldn't have released it for safety reasons, though that is a major reason, but also, now that it's out there, how can they be sure if any calls to the home claiming to have Kyron, etc, are legit? It should have remained secret.

Good point. I wonder if TH even thought of that. Changing her number would, imo, be totally consistent with what we've learned about her behavior in general, though. Maybe her lawyer found out she did change her numbers and is setting up the death threats thing as a way to explain THAT to a jury. Just speculating. I may give TH a call today to test my theory. j/k, j/k

From this article:
>>"It is simply a matter of logistics," Houze said. "It is not a simple matter to pick up everything and simply be gone."

He also said Terri Horman has been the subject of threats, considering what he called the "media frenzy" and "witch hunt" aimed at his client. There have been "threats of harm routinely directed towards my client, which I take very seriously," he said.<<

BTW, can anyone find Houze quoted as using the word "death" with the threats? Anyone find a video of him speaking the word "death" along with threats? This count of "3" along with the words "death threats" has not been substantiated to me yet???

In the meanwhile, I believe that taking threats of harm seriously would mean getting the client moved to an undisclosed location immediately. A woman's shelter could work temporarily, right?

I am just completely stuck on this "fanning the flames" comment by SM's atty!

I will use Debs word "gobsmacked"!

This is about a missing little boy... his parents keep his face in the media by doing those press conferences.. and as for fanning flames.... there would be no flames (not even a tendril of smoke) if Houze's client would cooperate with authorities. I think the atty has it backwards on who is causing the flames??? Is SM in a fire of her own making??? And such a shame that now the freaks have come out of the woodwork issuing death threats. I hope whomever is responsible for making these threats is found and punished...

Mocking the number, believing she deserves it, feeling that it should motivate her to move out........all of those statements justifies someone threatening her life.

I remain gobsmacked at the justification of death threats if it results in any action by Terri which satisfies the public's belief that she should do this or that.

Death Threat Law & Legal Definition

Under state criminal codes, which vary by state, it is an offense to knowingly utter or convey a threat to cause death or bodily harm to any person.

It is also an offense to threaten to burn, destroy or damage property or threaten to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that belongs to a person.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/death-threat/

Wow. I better watch my tongue during morning rush hour on 295 South.
I probably make an average of two "death" threats a day.

Of course I don't mean it, but it's a very broad definition you posted.

Anyone who seriously makes a death threat should be arrested or at least have LE visit to put the fear of God into them. Stupid move.

From this article:
>>"It is simply a matter of logistics," Houze said. "It is not a simple matter to pick up everything and simply be gone."

He also said Terri Horman has been the subject of threats, considering what he called the "media frenzy" and "witch hunt" aimed at his client. There have been "threats of harm routinely directed towards my client, which I take very seriously," he said.<<

BTW, can anyone find Houze quoted as using the word "death" with the threats? Anyone find a video of him speaking the word "death" along with threats? This count of "3" along with the words "death threats" has not been substantiated to me yet???

In the meanwhile, I believe that taking threats of harm seriously would mean getting the client moved to an undisclosed location immediately. A woman's shelter could work temporarily, right?
wrinkles, he said, "threats of harm"... I think the media outlets ramped up the adjective... what do you think? Either way, any sort of threat is illegal I 'pose.

Mocking the number, believing she deserves it, feeling that it should motivate her to move out........all of those statements justifies someone threatening her life.

I remain gobsmacked at the justification of death threats if it results in any action by Terri which satisfies the public's belief that she should do this or that.

I apologize if my opinions offended anyone, and will keep them to myself in the future.

Sincerely, very sorry.

ETA: No offence to anyone, including TH, was intended.

3 death threats...sheesh...let's move on to more important matters! Where's the girl gonna be living? Oh my, sounds like not too many of her supporters out there are willing to share their digs with her now...wonder why?

Well, I hope the judge doesn't give her till Monday and forces her out today and lets her fend for herself like she did for Kyron.

I'd like to see KH "wave" to her as she walks down the driveway...

I remain gobsmacked at the justification of death threats if it results in any action by Terri which satisfies the public's belief that she should do this or that
moo... but who is justifying the illegal action of a death threat?? I personally do not see that. jmhoo

Yes, yes, obviously, those threats are highly innapropriate and DO NOT HELP anyone, anything. But, if they help get her out of the house because her safety might be at stake, then I guess they served some purpose?

Right now, Kaine feels Terri is a threat to himself and the baby. He has made this clear in court, and the court has agreed with him. They should have rights to the home due to the baby's familiarity/need for it. Terri needs to be placed elsewhere at this point.

If LE and Kaine have reason to believe the landscaper's story of how Terri wanted to kill Kaine, then frankly, she is capable of hurting anyone, other than just Kaine.

Terri's credibility went out the window when the landscaper blew the whistle.

BBM I'm not sure the means of threatening, which is a criminal offense, justify the means - having Terri move out - justify the ends. Can anything good come from a criminal act?

Threatening someone with death or bodily harm is a criminal offense.

TY BeanE.

IIRC, there were recent comments (and a few comments in support of the suggestion, as well) that TH should be subjected to torture (waterboarding).

IMO, it degraded the level of discourse.

Not to mention that it begs the question:

Is *cooperation* by torture cooperation?

Mr. Houze is a highly respected criminal defense attorney. If he states in court that his client has received threats that he himself takes seriously, I believe him.

I don't understand why people make death threats in cases like this, it doesn't help anything. As far as her defense attorney calling this a "witch hunt", I wonder if that's the defense he is building?

That's always the defense in high profile cases. The "tunnel vision" defense. The case was so big in the media the LE NEEDED to arrest someone and make them pay to appease the blood thirsty masses. Yadda Yadda Yadda

moo... but who is justifying the illegal action of a death threat?? I personally do not see that. jmhoo

I don't see it either. Being apathetic about it and endorsing it are two different things.

I'm sorry I can't feel bad for this woman and her three death threats, but I don't condone it.

IMO, everyone in the news (criminals, movie stars etc) probably gets threats like this.
It is wrong, but I have heard all high profile cases get these threats.
IF TH would talk, grieve or show some trait of human emotion,
it would go easier on her.
Some people cannot hold back their anger and show it through this type of threats.
TH probably be safer in jail.
Talk Terri TALK!!!
JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics