Terri-Lynne McClintic sent to healing lodge 25 September 2018

From your link:

"As of September 23, 2018, there were 11 people convicted of first or second degree murder of a minor serving time in healing lodges, said Goodale's press secretary Scott Bardsley. Between the fiscal years of 2011-2012 and 2018-19, 22 convicted child-killers have been held for some period of time in healing lodges"

This is the fallout from McClintic. Now, regardless of indigenous status, convicted child killers will not be allowed to serve the sentence in a healing lodge, yet the goal of the healing lodge was to provide an alternative to all indigenous criminals.

The government of Canada gives certain benefits and rights to people in this country who are truly indigenous. Not just anyone can apply for these benefits by "identifying" as indigenous.

Benefits and rights for Indigenous peoples
BBM - My ex-sister-in-law used to think she could do this, but there is absolutely no aboriginal background in either side of her family, lol. I am Metis and in order to get my Metis card I had to prove that I am a direct descendant of Metis ancestors in my geneaology. The bottom line is child killer/rapist McClintic is not aboriginal and does not deserve any of the the benefits and rights afforded to aboriginal people, including serving a sentence for the rape and murder of an 8 year old girl in a healing lodge. I don't care if she 'self-identifies'; she's a liar and a killer and she can rot away prison for the rest of her pathetic life. I hope that somehow she can also be classified as a sex offender too.

From your link:

"As of September 23, 2018, there were 11 people convicted of first or second degree murder of a minor serving time in healing lodges, said Goodale's press secretary Scott Bardsley. Between the fiscal years of 2011-2012 and 2018-19, 22 convicted child-killers have been held for some period of time in healing lodges"

This is the fallout from McClintic. Now, regardless of indigenous status, convicted child killers will not be allowed to serve the sentence in a healing lodge, yet the goal of the healing lodge was to provide an alternative to all indigenous criminals.
BUBM - GOOD!

BUBM - GOOD!

I think this is a good result as well. Healing lodges for a small segment of the population to serve sentences for violent offences against children should never have been allowed. Now that this special treatment has been exploited, hopefully all persons, regardless of race or nationality, will be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

Regardless, I suspect that this means change that may contradict the original intent of the healing lodge as a place for all indigenous peoples.

I am glad McClintock is back where she belongs.

I also see the reasons for having a healing lodge for indigenous women, and hope that this opportunity is available, but only for women with proven, verifiable blood quantum pedigrees, and who have been adequately assessed by a team. I think that this woman slipped through the cracks. Glad she is back where she belongs.

Reactions: Hez
I am glad McClintock is back where she belongs.

I also see the reasons for having a healing lodge for indigenous women, and hope that this opportunity is available, but only for women with proven, verifiable blood quantum pedigrees, and who have been adequately assessed by a team. I think that this woman slipped through the cracks. Glad she is back where she belongs.

I think McClintic should be in a maximum security prison where her lifestyle is severely compromised, but the Canadian judicial system values rehabilitation over punishment.

Regarding, indigenous status, the world is at a very murky place where men can identify as women, and we know of at least one Caucasian woman who identifies as black. In Canada, and some other countries, "identifying" is all that is necessary to be afforded the benefits of that identification. I see this as something that truly needs to be sorted out to prevent future McClintics from doing the same thing.

Does that mean changing who is eligible for the healing lodge, or does it mean better defining the philosophy and intent behind the healing lodge to ensure that identifying as indigenous is not sufficient for residency?

:mad:

Weeks after child killer Terri-Lynne McClintic was returned to prison after being transferred to an Indigenous healing lodge, the victim's father is now reporting that her co-conspirator in the murder, Michael Rafferty, was transferred to a medium security prison in March.
The transfer was revealed by Rodney Stafford — father of murdered eight-year-old girl Tori Stafford — in a lengthy post on his Facebook page, and later confirmed by CBC News.

Tori Stafford's killer transferred to medium-security prison, victim's father says | CBC News

I think McClintic should be in a maximum security prison where her lifestyle is severely compromised, but the Canadian judicial system values rehabilitation over punishment.

Regarding, indigenous status, the world is at a very murky place where men can identify as women, and we know of at least one Caucasian woman who identifies as black. In Canada, and some other countries, "identifying" is all that is necessary to be afforded the benefits of that identification. I see this as something that truly needs to be sorted out to prevent future McClintics from doing the same thing.

Does that mean changing who is eligible for the healing lodge, or does it mean better defining the philosophy and intent behind the healing lodge to ensure that identifying as indigenous is not sufficient for residency?

Here in the United States, and I believe in Canada, people who are designated belonging to an Indian tribe, have a certificate of blood quantum. That determines eligibility.

It makes me sad, how many indigenous women really need help. It is just another indication of criminal thinking that McClintock, who knew she was not eligible, just took advantage of the program. Obviously no rehabilitation potential here.

Does Corrections Canada believe that the crime these two comitted was a "one off" and that had there been no security video of TLM walking with Tori, and had they not been caught, that they would never have committed another kidnap, rape and murder of a young child? MR was not upset after the crime until the video surfaced and TLM was arrested. I understand MR was upset that Tori wasn't younger. Do they really think that he wouldn't have continued to persue younger victims? Do they believe his pedophillia is being "cured" during his incarceration so they're prepping him for release?

Just as RS says, if the premeditated kidnap, rape and murder of a young child is not reason enough to keep someone in max security, what is? I'm sure MR has been a model prisoner but he showed his above average manipulation skills with all the women who testified against him during his trial. The ability to lie and manipulate without conscience should not be rewarded. It just makes him more of a danger to society.

MOO

Coming up on the 10th anniversary of this horrific crime, Rodney Stafford is still fighting to keep his daughter's killers behind bars for life although it appears he's losing the fight to have them both spend that time in a maximum security prison where they belong. At present, it appears they are both still in medium security facilities. He should not have to spend these devastating anniversaries fighting for these sexual predators, rapists and murderers to be kept in maximum security for life.

According to the article, TLM had 23 infractions before being transferred to the healing lodge. Unbelievable.

MOO

As 10-year anniversary of her murder approaches, Tori Stafford’s father fears her killers might one day walk free

yeah I really don't understand what it would take to put someone in max. security, if this crime doesn't qualify

Hopefully this is all used against her at her first parole hearing after 25 years. I think it pretty much will negate the "faint hope clause" that I believe she is eligible for after 15. It's obvious she feels no remorse and still considers herself a victim in this. She should be in maximum for her natural life.

MOO

Un Freaking Believable! I don't want to hear about TLM ever again. That's what, "lock her up and throw away the key means".! Healing lodges and TLM's rights? Puhleese!

Enough already. She murdered and little girl for the love of God!

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back