Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, I'm pretty sure that it was. Not sure if it was the home number (if there is one) or her cell, though.

I think I remember seeing it too.

After reading the above, I don't blame her for getting a new phone. Good Lord.

But we dont know her lawyer advised her to get a secret phone, thats not what is being said, would the Lawyer advise that, I really dont know, but its hard to jump to that without any proof.

It's hard for me to jump to Terri had a friend buy her cell phones to avoid LE scrutiny without any proof.

I sure wish we could get some confirmed info on this case from credible sources. Preferably from LE. But until LE tells me (we, the public) what happened to Kyron, and who did it, I, for one, am determined to keep an open mind and look everywhere reasonable for what and who. I really want to know what happened to this precious little boy, and who did it. He didn't deserve for this to happen, and his story needs to be told.

Because if she buys a cellphone, even one of the throw-aways, there's a track of her purchase, whether online or in person. They can prove that she bought a throwaway phone, where and when.

The whole idea of a throwaway is that it is totally untraceable. Someone buys it for "x" amount of money. It's really cheap. That amount of $ buys you "x" amount of time on that phone. You use it, throw it away.

One of our members (sorry can't recall name right now) has commented how she got one, and simply typed in a false name and the location as another state all the way across the country.

Just goes to show , how sneaky she is then, if you have nothing to hide, who cares if anyone knows whether you bought a new phone or not JMO

Maybee she should change her name to secret Squirrll ?

It's hard for me to jump to Terri had a friend buy her cell phones to avoid LE scrutiny without any proof.

I sure wish we could get some confirmed info on this case from credible sources. Preferably from LE. But until LE tells me (we, the public) what happened to Kyron, and who did it, I, for one, am determined to keep an open mind and look everywhere reasonable for what and who. I really want to know what happened to this precious little boy, and who did it. He didn't deserve for this to happen, and his story needs to be told.

Kyron also DESERVES his step mothers cooperation but hes not getting that, only sometimes. I care about where he is and what happened to him, thats why I cant overlook her behavior, the MFH was bad, the sexting was bad, and now she wants to have secret communication away from LE? And this is how she acts when Kyron is missing? Its truly terrible, imo. Poor Kyron.

KH might've done it just before he moved out.

Especially with the MFH sting happening.

It's Terri's cluelessness that keeps me on the fence. She's hardly a mastermind.

Whoaaaaa Nellie!

Who told the Oregonian about the cellphones? They sure don't say. They don't even cite LE, a source, a reliable source, an unnamed source, or the Tooth Fairy.

Is the Oregonian now doing away with the responsibility of providing at least minimal information about who said something? Is there an editor who was awake when that story was filed?

I'm sure Houze could have added her to his plan/office plan. The only way I would understand her hitting up friends to get them to purchase cell phones/add to their plans would be to have Internet access. You can get cheap flip phones at the dollar store, but they won't have the net on them...just text and talk. They are dirt cheap too.

You know, attorney/client privilege and privacy is absolute. So maybe her attorney did advise her to get bat phones so that they could talk on the pone.

I'd like to know that. As well as, of course, the source of the Oregonian's allegation. Because without sourcing, they're just slinging out personal allegations provided by their staffers. IMHO.

It's Terri's cluelessness that keeps me on the fence. She's hardly a mastermind.

Do masterminds coverup murders of children? To me I think that anyone who can be behind the demise or disappearance of child is a really sick, an evil human being, not a mastermind of sorts, it really does not take any kind of smarts to hide a body, or to kill. If she was such a mastermind she would have planted evidence that leads to someone other than her, a grand jury is meeting now, imo, the focus is on Terri, so it really shows shes not as sneaky as she thought, she may have gotten a one over on Kaine by being able to sneak around and have a landscaper, but she cant get away with what she did to Kyron, imo.

Well, let's see here...

Her phone number is posted on the internet (in court documents). LE has her phone number. Kaine and Desiree have her phone number.

Spyware exists that

1) Does NOT have to be downloaded to the phone being spied on

2) Works as a GPS alerting the *spy* of the target's location at all times

3) Alerts the *spy* when a call is made or received and allows them to listen in undetected

4) Provides all text messages and numbers sent and received

5) Can activate the speaker on the phone when the phone is turned off and spy on the surroundings

Holy Cannoli. This makes ME want to get a new phone.

IMO, her attorney advised her to get a new phone.

Its awful sneaky to have your friends buying cell phones for you , why didn't she buy them herself? Shoot you can buy em online

It appears she's barely leaving the house to avoid the media.

And I don't think getting a new phone is being sneaky. Maybe LE took her phone. There was also a number on the RO, which is now public. Maybe she wanted a new phone number that wasn't listed so she wouldn't keep getting harassing phone calls and death threats.

Having a friend buy it would keep it from being linked to her name in any public records search. Because we sleuthers keep getting better and better, and not every message board or group of people are as careful as we are here. :gomods:

In fact, the more we sleuth these cases, the more concerned I become about people refusing to get involved for fear of their lives being turned upside down. At what point are we doing more harm than good?

JMO: I know some people that think that they are masterminds and do things that are not that masterful or smart.

Some individuals will plot and plan for weeks to create the "perfect crime" only to figure out it had major flaws. Of course all these flaws turned out to be "someone elses fault".

Sometimes people do things despite rather or not they actually will be good at it but the ego stops them from knowing that.

Rene Descartes' philosophical classic="I think therefore I am"

RBBM

That makes sense, except if you're the focus of a missing child investigation you'd think she (or her attorney) would have current contact information on file with LE. I'm willing to believe this was 'innocent'.... but it makes sense to me that LE would look upon new phones purchased by another party and given to Terri as suspicious.

Was her cell bugged or otherwise tracked, and if so would LE suggest to Kaine that her cell remain active during the investigation?

LE has her attorney's contact information. That is all they need. I'm sure that LE has to go through her attorney to talk to her. Her attorney needs her contact information, not LE.

Well, let's see here...

Her phone number is posted on the internet (in court documents). LE has her phone number. Kaine and Desiree have her phone number.

Spyware exists that

3) Alerts the *spy* when a call is made or received and allows them to listen in undetected

5) Can activate the speaker on the phone when the phone is turned off and spy on the surroundings

I think you just unearth who the unnamed reliable sources are. Would a reporter put spyware on Terri's phone? When they said all this info came from Terri herself, I thought it was through a source. Now I think it was from Terri herself via her phone.

Kyron also DESERVES his step mothers cooperation but hes not getting that, only sometimes. I care about where he is and what happened to him, thats why I cant overlook her behavior, the MFH was bad, the sexting was bad, and now she wants to have secret communication away from LE? And this is how she acts when Kyron is missing? Its truly terrible, imo. Poor Kyron.

I agree wholeheartedly that Kyron deserves his stepmother's cooperation.

I know you care about what happened to Kyron, Chablis - I can tell - and I'm glad there are so many us here who do care about him, with all the different contributions we can make to figuring out what happened to him, and who did it.

Haven't read this thread yet but feel the urgent need to comment on thread title...

AIN'T THAT SPECIAL!!!!

I think you just unearth who the unnamed reliable sources are. Would a reporter put spyware on Terri's phone? When they said all this info came from Terri herself, I thought it was through a source. Now I think it was from Terri herself via her phone.

This whole business unnerves me. According to that one site (and the review is that their product worked just as promised), you only have to download the software to your phone. And their product is currently on sale. For a mere $15 you can spy on ... anyone. omg

Well, let's see here...

Spyware exists that

Ok, so could her lawyer have went before the court to say, hey my client is getting a new phone number we would like to keep it off the documents for privacy reasons, its high profile, etc? They couldn't have made sure the court was provided with her her new number?

It appears she's barely leaving the house to avoid the media.

And I don't think getting a new phone is being sneaky. Maybe LE took her phone. There was also a number on the RO, which is now public. Maybe she wanted a new phone number that wasn't listed so she wouldn't keep getting harassing phone calls and death threats.

Having a friend buy it would keep it from being linked to her name in any public records search. Because we sleuthers keep getting better and better, and not every message board or group of people are as careful as we are here. :gomods:

In fact, the more we sleuth these cases, the more concerned I become about people refusing to get involved for fear of their lives being turned upside down. At what point are we doing more harm than good?

If a person has NOTHING to hide, who care what anyone thinks?? If a person is being SNEAKY its for a reason, if a person is hiding, wanting to hide something, If I was innocent my life would be an open book, AND I would be out on my hands and knees looking, begging for the child to be returned, I don;t care what anyone would think, LE would KNOW everything, including how many phones I had. I would hide NOTHING, and cooperate fully, this woman is cold as Ice , has no compassion, and could care less about Kyron, or if he is found, if she had nothing to hide, she would still be standing right there with them, crying with them, begging with them, Kyrons faimly that is, no one just up and decided she had something to do with his dissapearance for no reason JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998