Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Terri tries to change her name for a second time.

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by gwenabob, Dec 1, 2014.

1. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

2. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

3. Knox

I don't understand ... can she just keep petitioning judges in different counties until one says yes? Do you have to be a resident of the county you file the petition in?

4. Knox

5. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

6. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan by any means and think she's guilty as all get-out but I thought anyone could change their name anytime provided they paid the dues and filed the proper paper-work. I didn't know a judge could 'reject' the application and I would like to know the judge's reason for rejection ... she's not a convicted murderer yet. Maybe the laws are different there or maybe I don't know squat (more likely lol). Off I go to research.

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ok, so I think I was right ... it appears to be a pretty simple process here

9. Knox

Much more at link~

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

alright so the judge said it wasn't in the public interest when he turned down her first request and now she is re-applying and the last name she is requesting is her maiden name so maybe she has a better chance

I don't necessarily disagree withe the judge - I'm just surprised it's seemingly so difficult to do down there

11. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

thanks Knox! that link was incredibly informative

12. Knox

"In the best interest of the public", seems broad. She hasn't been charged, but she hasn't been eliminated as a POI in Kyron's disappearance either.

Lane County may be a little more liberal than Douglas County. Maybe she thinks another judge will see it differently.

I'm most curious about her change of address. Did she finally find a job and can support herself? Or did some of those divorce assets finally get liquidated?

13. Tink56

Tink56 Member

Interesting that TH knows her birth surname. I wonder where "Sullivan" came from. AND, I wonder how her parents feel about her changing her last name to her birth name. She is a puzzle....but, she has control over how the public views her, IMO...MOO....:thinking:

14. human

human Well-Known Member

Not her maiden name. Her birth name.

Didn't she say she came from a wealthy family?

15. peedoffinny

peedoffinny Member

For the fun of it, I googled Kisiel and came up w/ the polish translation: "Latest word suggestions by users: dalliance, copperhead, crackpot, crackpot, crackpot" - LOL.

16. Knox

17. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I don't understand this either? If Question Mark, (of Question Mark and the Mysterians), Can change legally to ? Mark, and he did, he's a friend of mine. Why can't she? I need to google too LOL.

18. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Yep Yep! I loved the copperhead one hehe!

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It typically is very easy to change one's name. But she is not an average person. Although the police won't say it, it's clear she is a suspect in the disappearance and probable murder of a child and she won't give information that could help to find him. So she is the very rare case that can be denied as against the public interest. And I'm happy about that.

Btw, she has withdrawn her latest request.

20. Knox

After Terri Horman applied for a name change in Lane County Circuit Court, opponents circulated on Facebook a petition to challenge it, gaining more than 3,000 signatures.

A week ago, Kyron's mother Desiree Young wrote on the Facebook post: " I don't want her to be able to change her name so she can hide from law enforcement easier. She shouldn't be able to change her name until she clears herself and tells us where Kyron is so we can bring him home. Providing answers to us will give us some measure of peace.'

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/12/terri_horman_withdrew_petition.html