"Terror-Free" Oil

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Maral, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Maral

Maral New Member

OMAHA, Neb. -- Area drivers will soon be able to fill up with gasoline made from "terror-free oil."

KETV in Omaha reports that a gas station is about to open near 129th and Q streets named Terror Free Oil, and the idea is to offer consumers petroleum products from countries that do not sponsor terror.

The gas station is associated with the Terror-Free Oil Initiative. The group's objective is to encourage Americans to buy gasoline that originated from countries that do not export or finance terrorism. A representative said that Omaha's will be the first of several terror-free oil gas stations to open across the country.

Link

If one opened up in your city, would you go out of your way to purchase gasoline from a station that got it's inventory from a country that didn't sponser terrorism?

2. Loading...

3. BhamMama

BhamMama Former Member

Oh yes, I would!

4. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

Where does the oil come from? I know I drive out of my way to purchase gasoline from a station that is not owned by Venezualian oil companies. Venezuala is not a country associated with terrorism, but they are not a friend of USA, quite the opposite. So if they are getting their gas from there, NOPE.

5. Melisinde

Melisinde Mizz Undastood

Hmm, I don't believe I would go out of my way. Truth is- I think every nation has done something shady at one point, somewhere. Just because a nation says it has nothing to do with terrorism doesn't necessarily make it true. A lot of shady ish has gone on in our own government that we didn't think was possible... and we found out after the fact.

6. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

This is the way I feel.