Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all due respect, we do not know the root of his actions yet.

I couldn't care less about the 'root' of his murderous actions. He smirked while placing a deadly, home made bomb, on the ground, surrounded by innocents. Who the heck cares what the so called 'root' was?

I have a pretty good idea though, since there were 20 plus videos on you-tube, explaining their Jihadist sympathies. THe older brother had many links to Bin Laden tapes and tributes to Al Quada suicide bombers.

These guys were just run of the mill Islamic Terrorists, but were too cowardly to take themselves out too. No problem blowing up an innocent 8 yr old though.

Nothing changed him. He had a side that people did not know about. He chose to kill innocent people. There wasn't some external force that made him go from Mr. Nice Guy and into a terrorist.

Are you saying they were born with pure evil? If so, that's an unreasonable assumption based on the available evidence we have on their social interactions. We know from multiple sources, their friends, classmates, teachers, car repair mechanic, etc. that the suspects were "kind, gentle, quiet" people and that the majority of them are shocked that the bombers turned out to be them. So right there, we have evidence contradicting your belief. No, they were not inate murdering sociopaths. Something triggered their destructive conduct.

Many times when these guys are trained to radicalize,they are told to blend in. Act American. Kinda like hiding in plain sight. Its scary.

Exactly. Although I am not sure this is the case here. He has been in US since being 8. I really doubt somebody recruited him at that age.

A bad clue. A bank account is not the only place to keep money.

I dunno' jj. A lot of people around here in Section 8 don't need to be, but, they do stash all money elsewhere to get into Section 8. They can afford a better life than most of us, but, they found a way to not have to pay rent/mortgage, utilities, some groceries, clothing. Most people's largest outpouring of income. ;) They don't necessarily have full time paying jobs, lots of jobs are under the table and tax free.

I'm thinking he ran over his brother in a fight or flight moment. JMO. These two put thought into this for sure and should be held accountable but they were sloppy and arrogant plus fearful - which is why MIT was struck. This makes me think they are incredibly inexperienced. I want him captured PRONTO. NYC is buzzing with fear (as is Chicago right now). Boston may be locked down but everywhere is on high alert and everyone is in fear to some degree. We aren't taking any public transportation for awhile, that's for damn sure.

Describe to us how being the captain of a varsity sports team, apparently having loads of friends, and then becoming a seemingly reasonably well-liked college student = "marginalized"

They have a persecution complex. Paranoia runs deep in them.

Oye....., they need to make sure they get hard factual evidence of something like this before they even suggest it to the general public. If it's not accurate they could find themselves inciting a backlash against innocent citizens of the USA that practice Islam or fit into the perconceived images that some Americans might hold about people that do.

The videos were hosted by the older brother under his own name on his own youtube account. There were about 5000 views at the time they were taken offline by the authorities. Meagan on Fox News watched several of them and reported about them. I trust her judgement and I believe her.

Exactly. Then all his friends show up puzzled. They didn't have a clue, and he was well liked.

Ha. I love it. That is why I keep telling people don't let that person move in with you, marry them, whatever, until you have known them CLOSELY for many years. Anyone can hide an agenda for a very long time.

Chris Wiggins ‏@CWNewser 1h
#BREAKING NOW ESTIMATED 25,000 law enforcement on the manhunt in #boston

Its nuts. They didn't even do this for 9/11....the higher ups know something we don't. Moo

Bringing this over from previous thread:

bourne said:
One can have compassion for another person's hardships and yet abhor the way the other person behaves as a result of them.

jjenny said:
What hardships?

You came late to the discussion. I had written a lengthy post citing the WSJ article in which they profiled the two brothers. You can read about their hardships/life events here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323809304578432501435232278.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

Exactly. Although I am not sure this is the case here. He has been in US since being 8. I really doubt somebody recruited him at that age.

But his older brother came here at age 20. He went back to Russia to visit quite often. he was the perfect patsy to be recruited, imo.

okay, wait, what is the Germany theory from the other thread? Things were moving for me too fast to find!

Mother doesn't believe they did it .. saying were good boys.....

But his older brother came here at age 20. He went back to Russia to visit quite often. he was the perfect patsy to be recruited, imo.

I agree. But I don't think the younger one was trying to blend in in order to be a good terrorist. The younger one appears to be fitting in just fine, had many friends, etc. All friends appear to be very surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.