Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Discussion in 'MA - Boston Marathon Bombing Terrorist Attack' started by bessie, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

Story and video at the [video=cnn;crime/2013/04/20/ac-vo-photo-of-boston-bombing-suspect-after-arrest.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html[/video]

2. Loading...

3. PHB

PHB New Member

Dailymail articles, 1st talks about the older brother's wife, apparently she converted to Islam when she married Tamerlan. 2nd is about their mother, she was arrested for shoplifting last year. 3rd article states Dzhokhar ran over his brother's body with the stolen SUV during the shootout.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ves-really-knew-him.html?ICO=most_read_module

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lothes-Lord--Taylor.html?ICO=most_read_module

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-tried-revive-him.html?ICO=most_read_module

Apologies if these were posted earlier.

4. bessie

[​IMG]
    MIT officer Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass
    LINK
    [​IMG]
    Richard Donahue, Jr., 33
    LINK

Update April 21, 2013

5. nomoresorrow

nomoresorrow New Member

[​IMG]

Representative for the MIT Outing Club:

"Sean's excitement about the outdoors was contagious. He could keep an entire carload of hikers entertained on the long drive to distant trailheads, and was always willing to share his favorite hiking snack: pepperoni, or "roni" as he called it. He could find the bright side of any situation, be it bad weather, turning back just before the summit, or a fender-bender on the way to the mountains. His grin was irrepressible."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/04/mit-pays-tribute-to-young-officer-killed-by-bombing-suspect.html

6. The Cheese

The Cheese New Member

FOX 25 News Boston ‏@fox25news 3m
    In Boston manhunt, online detectives flourish http://bit.ly/13ATXq3 #fox25

7. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

DotArt project on Savin Hill Bridge - on 93 into Boston:

[​IMG]

Via Boston.com live blog

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

9. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

From the other thread:

I had heard that there were some more serious ones near Brown recently - those were the ones I was referring to mostly. But now that I look it up, I can't find it. My bad.

However, I do think they had to practice the timing of it somewhere.

10. Capri

Capri New Member

I cannot find info on how long one can be held before it becomes necessary to mirandize him. Or is there no time limit under the special circumstances( FISA warrant )? Looks like i need to read up on the process.

11. bessie

12. bessie

13. Wallflowery

Wallflowery New Member

While people were referencing explosions near Brown/Providence, during the discussion of the missing student on Thurs evening, they were citing the news links from south of Boston. That is actually closer to Boston than to Providence. I live in Providence and there have been no reported explosions here to my knowledge.

14. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

There is Ruslan, and then another uncle. One lives in Maryland, and the other is either in Mass or RI (I haven't been able to figure out which is which).

15. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

You would THINK they'd practice, but then, they're not very bright "terrorists". :eek:hoh:

They probably did practice somewhere, I just don't think it would be Hanover. And I can't even imagine where you'd practice near Brown, either. rehoboth, MA is about the only nearby quieter town I can think of in that area? And that's not convenient to UMassD, and it's about 20 mins outside Providence. :confused:

16. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I was thinking of the suspect today.

Pictured him lying in ICU. Guards at the door. Doctors and nurses coming in to check on him. I wonder if it has hit him yet, these same Doctors and nurses may have worked on his victims too.

I hope they don't allow him to watch TV. I don't want to think of gloating at the misery he has caused. I want to think of him lying there, not knowing what is happening or going to happen to him. I want him to feel alone. I want him to be scared.

Not very nice of me I know. But I yam what I yam.

17. Just K

Just K New Member

" Blanchard declined to describe the devices recovered March 12, saying he did not want others to try to reproduce them. He said they appeared to have been powerful enough to cause serious damage, particularly if they were discovered by an unsuspecting person.

“If you were in close proximity to it when it went off, it could kill you,” he said.

Jennifer Mieth, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Fire Services, said the two devices detonated by the State Police bomb squad March 12 were turned in by a resident who found them alongside the road. She said the state was not involved in Hanover’s investigation.

Blanchard said he is concerned that if someone continues to set off the illegal devices, they may eventually cause property damage or injuries. He said anyone caught using the devices could face up to 25 years in prison and fines of up to $50,000."

Read more: Hanover bombs a mystery to police - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police#ixzz2R8YirlaR
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
    Follow us: @patriotledger on Twitter | patriotledger on Facebook

18. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

I think this is important to note:

19. Capri

Capri New Member

20. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Speaking of the uncles, Ruslan has become a meme... Just one example below lol:

[​IMG]

21. emmap

emmap New Member

Thanks Bessie, for answering my question in the previous thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.