Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also doubt that little brother was selling enough marijuana for these three to be so much in debt to him that his brother stepped in. Unless he was dealing harder drugs, he definitely wasn't dealing enough for murder to come into play. I don't see how you could build a debt large enough for it to end like that.

Don't know about any connection with the pot and the 3 murder victims, hopefully LE looks into all that.

I do know that pot can bring enough debt to be killed. Some people deal in very large amounts, credit surfed 'til they sell it, then they pay it back. When the original dealer doesn't get paid, people get killed. Or if some peeps try to steal the large amount of pot straight out they get killed.

Don't know about any connection with the pot and the 3 murder victims, hopefully LE looks into all that.

I do know that pot can bring enough debt to be killed. Some people deal in very large amounts, credit surfed 'til they sell it, then they pay it back. When the original dealer doesn't get paid, people get killed. Or if some peeps try to steal the large amount of pot straight out they get killed.

And how would leaving 5K at the scene fit in that scenario? IMO, whoever killed them was angry at them. It wasn't about money/debt.

As far as I can tell, cremation is not allowed. Ship him back to Russia.

In looking at some of the Twitter handles, I wouldn't worry too much...one of their was something to the effect of "One Direction" and the other talked about how cute he was and that she would date him. Sounds like kids and trolls mostly.

That said, there are several popular websites out there with people who are into government conspiracies such as 911 truthers and those who think Sandy Hook was a "false flag." Glenn Beck at the Blaze is also making waves.

But I've looked into a lot of this stuff and it is garbage. Saying actors were used to play the parts of the parents and the victims, etc...it's a load of hogwash and anyone reasonable sees this. (Incidentally I have a friend who buys into all that stuff and is constantly posting to FB all of these theories.)

:floorlaugh:

ETA...this was in response to another post-not sure how it bounced off of yours! I was referring to the online support for Dzohkar.

And how would leaving 5K at the scene fit in that scenario? IMO, whoever killed them was angry at them. It wasn't about money/debt.

As far as I know, it doesn't. I'm not clear on the 3 murders, hopefully LE is, I have no idea if the brothers are involved or not.

I think your empathizing with some of the possible emotions she must be wrestling with IS compassion, and - JMO, maybe - I find that insightful, somewhat rare, and commendable. Especially in light of the emotions we all are dealing with concerning this atrocity.

Well, thank you I suppose, I'm not sure though if it is compassion. But let me make one thing clear: I DO NOT like this woman, I haven't from the first moment I saw her. But I try to keep my emotions at bay when trying to understand other people, I don't feel I have the right to judge on the basis of what I feel. What I feel can never be the whole picture, the whole picture includes what this woman might be feeling at the moment.

And besides, she isn't a suspect or a murderer, so I don't really see the point to be so negative towards her. Of course she talks rubbish, she seems to be out of her mind, she's very insensitive, but I doubt that is all there is to her.

Instead I have strong negative emotions for her two sons. And I think that's where emotions should be directed.

Common sense would tell a person that has common sense that being cremated and shipped off to the parents would be the logical thing to do. They can put his ashes in a pressure cooker.

Lol! Thank you! That's a good one! :floorlaugh:

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has also told investigators that he and his brother got instructions on building bombs from an online magazine published by al Qaeda, federal law enforcement officials told NBC News.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
He told investigators that the brothers read the instructions in Inspire, an online, English-language magazine that terror monitoring groups say al Qaeda began publishing in 2010.
The magazine has twice included articles on building bombs with kitchen pressure cookers — the method investigators say Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan, used in the Boston attack."

Yesterday on CNN two experts (forgot their names, sorry) said it would highly, highly unlikely that they would have been able to build the bombs by themselves without hands-on help, only using the internet. I tend to believe that too. I believe there is at least one other person directly involved in this tragedy.

However I doubt that there is an organisation behind it who gave TT and DT orders because usually they come forward and take responsibility, they are proud of their acts and don't hide the fact they were involved. It assures them praise among other extremists. And this did not happen here.

I really doubt that three victims could be in debt to the little brother. He wasn't even in college back then.

Remember the high school drug ring in Manassas, VA that eventually led to murder and to the conviction of Justin Wolfe? These boys were moving large quantities of chronic, getting fronted thousands of dollars worth of pot and living like kings. So who knows if DT is involved in any way, but high schoolers selling pot is pretty common, usually on a very much smaller scale of course. All MOO.

Sorry for the confusion, I more meant that I don't see DT as a high end drug dealer, I just don't believe that if he was dealing it would be in large enough quantities for him to have lost a large enough sum of money to justify murder. Although, I wouldn't have profiled him as a terrorist either, so it's hard to say for sure.

Plus, there were drugs and money left at the scene, so I'm thinking that the deaths had nothing to do with any of that. It seems more personal to me. As you said, hopefully LE is looking into all possibilities.

As far as I can tell LE has no clue about the triple murder. Murders happened in 2011. There have been no arrests.

Regarding the pot dealing: no wonder he had so many friends at school!
Regarding the mother: Just watching and listening to her answers a lot of questions about how these men ended up in this situation.

I've been guilty of calling them boys and kids...changing that going forward...they are certainly both men.

I was just thinking the same thing. No wonder he was so popular.
And then for some of his friends to claim they will testify on his behalf-what are they going to say there?

This is a great post and very important observation. The Younger brother was going to parties, doing pot...maybe drinking...all things the Older Brother had given up and was infuriated by. So, just as jjenny says...if he did not want to do something, he just did not do it.

And I wish these "excuses" would stop..."boxing damage?" Only one of these terrorists boxed! Is "boxing damage" infectious? Ridiculous excuse making!

The article about boxing damage posted upthread was interesting in that it had experts in CTE saying TT's actions were most likely NOT due to that. Good read.

bbm.

But it isn't all there is to know, and it is certainly much less than I need to know.
I can no more fathom killing a person on the battlefield than I can killing people in the streets of Boston. But many, many many people can kill when the circumstances agree with their beliefs, such as on the battlefield.
I want to know more about what factors are involved in the choice to kill. And i do not see it as excuse making, in the least. I just am tired of people trying to shut down all analysis that doesn't fit their own view of the world.

Here's something to study on a case by case analysis, maybe it will bring you to a better understanding.

http://www.watson37.com/-Misunderstanders--Roster.html

And then for some of his friends to claim they will testify on his behalf-what are they going to say there?

If those friends were my kids I would tell them just to forget about testifying but talk to the FBI.

Some of the comments on Twitter are disturbing. Especially the ones from girls saying how "hot" DT is etc.

"This guy's alright, he sold me drugs that one time." :facepalm:

Why would anyone testify on his behalf? He's confessed to the crime, and I'm quite sure that there is enough evidence from the multiple witnesses, photographs and videos... not to mention the chase that he lead the police on AFTER stealing a car and killing an officer. Honestly, I don't believe that there is ANY chance this man is innocent, so I don't see why someone would gladly go in and testify on his behalf. Why dray your own name through the mud for someone who was willing to risk everything to maim and kill a bunch of people he didn't even know?

Thirdly, it is KT who legally has the right to decide what to do with TT's body. Have we heard mom say one word about her son's wife or her grandchild?

I think if her grandchild was a little boy, she might have cared more.
She seems to be more concerned about her boys than the girls (the girls were forced into arranged marriages right?)

If those friends were my kids I would tell them just to forget about testifying but talk to the FBI.

Some of the comments on Twitter are disturbing. Especially the ones from girls saying how "hot" DT is etc.

You're right. If these kids really want to say something they should talk to the FBI. They don't need to testify to get the information out there, and it's probably a lot safer for them to do it behind closed doors than in a courtroom watched by millions.

I won't even comment on the Twitter comments. It gets me every time. :facepalm:

I think if her grandchild was a little boy, she might have cared more.
She seems to be more concerned about her boys than the girls (the girls were forced into arranged marriages right?)

Yes, but that is part of her culture. Deeply rooted. Much as I dislike it.

Mostly I think it is b/c the boys are expected to care of the mother when she is old. I feel sorry for the daughters now, mom will become a pain in the neck, as they are left with taking care of her. Ay yi yi, she will pester the carp out of them, imo.

bbm.

But it isn't all there is to know, and it is certainly much less than I need to know.
I can no more fathom killing a person on the battlefield than I can killing people in the streets of Boston. But many, many many people can kill when the circumstances agree with their beliefs, such as on the battlefield.
I want to know more about what factors are involved in the choice to kill. And i do not see it as excuse making, in the least. I just am tired of people trying to shut down all analysis that doesn't fit their own view of the world.

Thank you! A very good post!

This triple murder looks very personal to me. It can't have been about money, and the method is close and intimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member