Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention Please!

Please do not go the conspiracy theory hole. It has no place here.

A link has been provided a number of times to the Political Pavilion thread regarding the aftermath of this horrible event and any political fallout. Please take any political discussion to this thread:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9323491#post9323491"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

fran

I think that was an accident - if you look at video he did not have a lot of options in terms of getting away (and it had been a pretty a hectic past 40 minutes) - go forward and fast. Sure it adds drama , but if he wanted his brother dead he had plenty of opportunity just chuck a bomb in his face.
<bbm>

How would you explain that DT had to have turned the SUV around in order to drive to where his bro and the officers were? If he just wanted to escape, he could have driven straight ahead and away from the entire scene.

<bbm>

How would you explain that DT had to have turned the SUV around in order to drive to where his bro and the officers were? If he just wanted to escape, he could have driven straight ahead and away from the entire scene.

I thought there was only one way out.
I may be wrong. But I thought I read that.

I don't think it matters much though. DT, no matter what his intent, plowed over his brother.

He will have to live with that. If he even cares.

JMO

<bbm>

I thought he floored the vehicle in reverse?

How would he become a sucess story? He reportedly had failing grades. One needs to put in work to become a success story, instead of allegedly dealing and smoking pot.

I probably used the wrong phrase... didn't really mean a huge success story, just that he would have had a life. I've seen plenty of 19 year olds getting bad grades and smoking pot. Most of them end up doing something a bit more than that.

I hear ya! I can't reconcile DK's behavior either... I do wonder if he had a lot of mixed messages going on inside of him. From what I see, he could have become a success story and happy here in the US... but that's not what happened.

Maybe he is schizophrenic. Starts that age.

I don't think it's that unusual that DT looks like a nice guy to his friends and acquaintances or hid some side of himself --
<rsbm>

Wish I could find it now, but came across an article that talked about the al-Quada training manual .. apparently it contains specific reference wrt learning to dress, act, etc in order to fit in.

I thought there was only one way out.
<rsbm>

I think you're right Kimberly .. seems the shootout took place on Laurel Av. Can't get it to come up with Streetview, but google maps shows it as a no-thru street.

How would he become a sucess story? He reportedly had failing grades. One needs to put in work to become a success story, instead of allegedly dealing and smoking pot.

I probably used the wrong phrase... didn't really mean a huge success story, just that he would have had a life. I've seen plenty of 19 year olds getting bad grades and smoking pot. Most of them end up doing something a bit more than that.

I think he had every chance to be a success. By all accounts he was a smart student in high school. He wouldn't be the first to smoke pot and get bad grades his first year or two in college (this was actually what I was like, minus the pot but plus a lot of drinking, and I have my phd). He was capable of being a good student, and he was surrounded by people who were working toward being educated and contributing usefully to society.

Considering where he was born and what his options would have looked like there, getting his degree and a job and having a family here in the US would be considered a huge success in most parts of the world - including his ancestral home. So ITA that he had every chance to be a great success.

Now he'll never be anything but LWOP or dead.

<rsbm>

Wish I could find it now, but came across an article that talked about the al-Quada training manual .. apparently it contains specific reference wrt learning to dress, act, etc in order to fit in.

Well, he grew up in Cambridge, Mass - he fit in without even trying.

Please continue the discussion at the new thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207470"]Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

To discuss the political issues surrounding the attack, please continue here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206373"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77