Testing Michigan Sleuths' Memories

Ozoner

Former Member
Reaction score
I happened to think of an old case that I had read about in the paper years ago. A married couple bought an abandoned car at a police auction, and when they got it home, they found a badly decomposed body in the trunk. The body was that of a young woman who was identified fairly quickly, but I never heard whether her murder had been solved. The news story was probably from the early to mid 1990s, but I can't remember the exact year. Does anyone remember that case and know whether it was solved?

NOTE:
I believe that I read the story in the Daily Tribune, which covered Oakland and Macomb counties and surrounding areas. National news was covered rarely, if ever, so I'm fairly certain the case was from Michigan (and probably southeast Michigan).

I contacted the Daily Tribune years ago seeking information on another case, and they told me that they don't save copies of their own newspaper. At least one local library has microfiche copies, but there might be some gaps.

Good thread! These are the best, wish I knew. Uncles in MI, will check with them!
Thanks! If I could narrow it down to a particular year, I'd be willing to start digging through microfiche.

I'm bumping this in case it rings a bell with anybody. My best guess is that it happened between 1990 and 1992, but my memory could be off. I don't relish reading three years worth of microfiche, but I may end up having to do that.

this is not familiar to me, but the Daily Tribune is now available online!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back