Texas Couple Confronts Man Following Daughter.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by cuffem, Jun 13, 2019.

1. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Jim_M, Lato, SugarQueen and 10 others like this.

2. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

He wrote in his confession something bone chilling. Admitting he was planning to do something "much worse" than stalking her!

They know who he is and someone please tell that entire family to get a restraining order--pronto! Scary, thanks for sharing........

He even wrote an apology letter to the family that said in part, "I want to genuinely apologize for the pain and grief I have caused in a moment of irresponsibility and recklessness... I did a harmful thing and am humbled by the wake-up call I've received,
    as it could have been much worse.".....:eek:...:confused:...:mad:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

It will never happen, but it would be interesting to have a dna sample from that man to compare to other crimes, etc. Something WAY off here. It's great that her parents were very aware of a potentially dangerous situation and took action.

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

The cops better keep this idiot on their radar. He ain't done with that behaviour.

5. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I have sat here thinking of ways this could be innocent and I can not come up with anything.He spent three hours in front of house and followed her to 3 locations all the while never speaking to her if this was just an attraction.
    Who knows what he had in his car or on person at the time of the stalking, he could have had a rape kit and waiting for the right opportunity like a bathroom or going to her car.He could have also been trying to follow her to her home to return later.
    It is a shame they could not hold him somehow at the time of confronting him to see what was in his car or on him.

6. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I like the DNA idea, not way off at all.

since80, oceanblueeyes, Jim_M and 9 others like this.
  7. Lilibet

Lilibet On Time Out

since80, Laughing, Jim_M and 15 others like this.
  8. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

He may not have a record yet, but his behavior will escalate (IMO). It is just a matter of time with someone who is already going to great lengths to follow someone and "stalk" them like that. He doesn't have a record because he has not yet been caught.

Laughing, Jim_M, lucylulu and 8 others like this.
  9. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

I hope they post his face to social media linking to the article and it goes viral.

People have the right to see what this perv looks like...

since80, Jim_M, lucylulu and 13 others like this.
  10. alexwood

"The 37-year-old from Fulshear was not charged. Investigators said the incident did not meet the threshold for a stalking crime, which requires the suspect to commit the act more than once."

Texas couple confronts man accused of following their daughter

So, the mistake the parents made was that they confronted him too soon -- before something deadly happened, I guess.

since80, Minou, Jim_M and 12 others like this.
  11. katydid23

They kind of had to confront him when they did. If they had let him follow her home, that would be a horrible decision. He really should not know where she lives.

I agree with others that he is still a danger to society. He is out of control and something bad is bound to happen unless he gets help immediately.

12. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I had an incident where I booked a hotel room at a place I thought was nice on the water.It was a special trip and first time I travelled alone.I spoke to a man I thought was the custodian, he had helped me take my roller upstairs because there was no elevator.Well he kept following me and I noticed him hanging outside my room's window.I went downstairs to say something to front desk because he said creepy things to me.
    On the way back up the stairs I am on my floor and I turn around to see him peeking at me through the slats of the stairs.In the hallway the doors to the rooms had partitions for privacy so I hid behind one that was before my door. Here comes the guy crawling and creeping up like he was going to come up behind me when I opened my door. I was pissed and jumped out at him while screaming " What the he77 are you doing?" and at the same time the front desk clerk had walked up and witnessed the whole thing.He took off and I called police.Come to find out many of the fisherman from the docks stayed there as did hookers from the area.The police thought I was one and were not much help.It was late to get another room and I slept that night with the ironing board shoved under the door nob and slept with scissors in hands. I left the next day.
    I have a concealed carry now.

13. Cool Cats

Unfortunately, he did follow her home prior to the confrontation with him. This is one of the reasons the family needs a restraining order against him, in my opinion.

He sat for 3 Hours watching her house....:mad:

"....Then that's when he said JCPenney. And that's when I really lost it, I said, 'You've been following us since JCPenney? And you went to my house and you sat there for three hours?' He's like 'Yeah, but I'm sorry. I won't do it again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry...."

14. katydid23

Oh, I thought it was her parents house, not where she lived too. That does suck. ugh

Laughing, Jim_M, Hazelnutty and 5 others like this.
  15. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Wow, bad law. If stalking is a crime, then it's a crime the first time too.

since80, Laughing, Jim_M and 13 others like this.
  16. alexwood

You are right, Cool Cats. He already knew where they lived.

From the article, when the mother confronted him, one of the things she said was:

"'You've been following us since JCPenney? And you went to my
    house and you sat there for three hours?"

Texas couple confronts man accused of following their daughter

Laughing, Jim_M, Hazelnutty and 5 others like this.
  17. katydid23

Right, that is where the parents live. Does their daughter live there too?

18. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Oh! she lived at the parents home? I did not get that, thanks.Even more scary, I am sure dad will be on the look out seeing that he is the one to spot him sitting there.

Jim_M, Hazelnutty, borndem and 3 others like this.
  19. alexwood

Since he was feeling so remorseful (that he'd been caught in the act!), I wonder if the authorities had asked him if would submit to a voluntary search of his vehicle if he would have permitted it?

20. Cool Cats

The article says the mother and daughter "returned home" so I assumed the daughter lives with her parents. I probably shouldn't assume that, I just got that impression. Thanks for pointing it out cuffem.

Quote from news article:

"....She and her daughter were on a routine trip to JCPenney. They spent time shopping then returned home...."