Texas Dominates List of the 10 Best Cities for Young Adults

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tuffy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

Ok, so i live in Texas, and I love it. Just FYI- I moved here as an adult, and have traveled extensively. So, it's not like I have always been here. :D

http://www.brobible.com/story/texas-dominates-list-of-the-10-best-cities-for-young-adults

2. Loading...

3. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

I love San Antonio and Austin! I don't enjoy Dallas or Houston as much, but some of the suburbs are pretty cool!

Texas is a great state, and if I ever had to leave my home, I think I would be Austin bound....

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

San Antonio's a great place, without the pretentiousness of Austin, which is as overrated as S.A. is underrated. If you're into nightlife every night, Austin by all means, but good luck with the traffic. Austin has culture, but San Antonio is culture.

5. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

Texas is the great state of Shiners. :woohoo:

Hmmm, love that Christmas Cheer, but someone really needs to do something about all this 75 degree weather in December.

Wfgodot, what's wrong with you? smack, smack! LOL. Have you ever sat in San Antonio's traffic? Try this: Anytime after 4:00PM I dare you to go south from I-35 at New Braunfels, get on Loop 410 West, headed south to Hwy 90 West. Now that's you some traffic. It'll make you long for Austin's traffic.

Note: I might be pulling your leg, but only your actual participation in my little test will tell. He, he, he, he, he.

I have been trying to devise a way around San Antonio for 30 years. I've decided, they just need to move the city south, and get it out of the way.

6. wanttohelp

wanttohelp http://thewaronwomen.org

awesome article thanks.

7. Tuffy

lol at moving the city south a bit!

I love Texas! I got married in Houston, lived in Dallas, then moved to San Antonio. Each area has it's own charms. I enjoy the quirkiness of Austin, and it is our capitol city, but it's not my favorite. The hill country just seems so peaceful and scenic. The metroplex DFW is pretty cool, and you can find just about anything there. It does have sort of the feel of never ending suburban sprawl though.

8. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

Well Mz Tuffy, I got married in Dallas too. Grew up there, in fact, then moved to Houston. Then Houston's size got way out of hand, and I'm glad I don't live in that sprawl anymore. I wouldn't move to San Antonio for the same reason, too big, too much traffic.

9. Trino

Trino Active Member

The Ducks in Minneapolis? The movie, the Mighty Ducks, was made in Minneapolis, but that was years ago (1990's) and was fiction. Their is no team in Minneapolis called the Ducks. The WILD is the Minnesota team, and their home is St. Paul, NOT Minneapolis. (Minneapolis and St. Paul are definitely two different cities.) So, why would a movie be a reason to live in Minneapolis?

10. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Okay, haven't been there for awhile but LOVE TEXAS!!!! Lived in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Bryan. If things were different in my life, I'd head for West Austin - the Hill Country!!!! I'm in Floriduh now, but would love to move back to Texas!!!! Maybe in my next life.

Graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Dallas.......

11. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Not to keen on some of the aspects of Atlanta, but I agree, the night life rocked and the weather was great when I lived there.

Goz

12. Tuffy

lol. I didn't even catch that about the Ducks! and my hubby is from Minneapolis, too! Yeah, their team is the Wild.

The comments under each city are from the author of the blog, I got it from, not from Forbes who compiled the list originally. I don't think the movie was the reason to live in Minneapolis. haha. I've been to Minneapolis, and no offense, but I wouldn't care to live there at all!