Texas Male Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Buzz Mills, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

Police Chief Allegedly Used Taser on Wife

OAKWOOD, Texas (April 8) - The chief of a small Central Texas town's police department has been fired and jailed for allegedly using a Taser gun on his wife. Former Oakwood police chief Oly Ivy was in the Leon County Jail in Centerville on Wednesday, charged with aggravated assault. Bond is $100,000

Ivy, 30, was arrested near Palestine on Monday. The city council fired him that night. Ivy's attorney, Charley Johnson, told KXXV-TV in Waco that his client "is taking these allegations very seriously." He says he intends for Ivy to "be treated the same as anybody in this situation."

Ivy was hired in February to be the lone full-time officer in the town of 500 residents about 100 miles southeast of Dallas. The department has two reserve officers.

http://webmail.aol.com/42402/aol/en-us/Suite.aspx

2. Loading...

3. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Active Member

Sounds interesting Buzz, but we need a different link, please. The one you posted goes to an ad for AOL, not the story.

As for Texas etiquette, I'd say definitely not!

I'm married to a Texas PD cheif, and he knows if he ever tries playing "cop" on me I'll be singing to the city council, mayor and the media quicker than he can spit!

This moron in the article is probably a washed out cast off from a larger city's PD, looking for a small town where he can abuse whomever he wants... unchallenged.

I guess he read this one wrong. Sounds like Oakwood's city council ain't playin'.

How much you want to bet this lame excuse for a man will claim he tased her in self defense? If this had happened in a bigger department, responding officers probably would have tried to scare her out of reporting it by threatening to arrest her. Makes me sick.

Susan

4. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

Same link

http://webmail.aol.com/42402/aol/en-us/Suite.aspx

it took me 2 times to get it to load

5. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

There's a former female LE in my town who's suing because she claims that her High up LE husband was stalking her. When she complained, she says she was fired and charged with unsubstantiated crimes. I'm glad to see that this one good ole boy didn't get away with his alledged deeds against his wife.

6. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

I never could get the link above to load but I saw this article this morning.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/42766222.html

Nutjob. That's about all I can say.

7. MissieMt

MissieMt New Member

Was he not given a psych eval before entering office as police chief? Makes me wonder...