Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basic triage, which can seem very brutal. It;s horrible to say, but in some rescue situations, you have to get out the strongest first. They can sort of be "guinea pigs" to work out how each rescue will go, and being stronger, they might be able to survive a bit more trauma than the weaker ones.

Then the weaker ones will presumably need more assistance, which means putting more rescuers lives at risk, with even more casualties ensuing.

No one likes that situation, but that is what it is.

As I posted before, too little too late. One dead, they should try to get the sick ones out, then bring out the boys who are well.

The retired Navy Seal could have had a heart attack, lack of O2 is not a good thing.

They'd better get a move on. Stop delaying.

When say died of lack of oxygen what do they mean. Like while under water his tank ran out? Could there have been a leak? Could he gotten turned around. So sad this had to happen to him. This happened last night? Why are we just hearing about it now? How do they get him out? This story is about to fall apart.

Oh, No! :(

I wonder how many times he made the trip before having a problem. This highlights how dangerous it is to dive through the cave system. I think the danger is why they have not yet tried to bring a boy out. I hope the boys are able to walk out and not risk diving. Still praying a miracle for the 13.
I agree. Them waiting is starting to make more sense. No way can those boys swim ALONE in the cave and survive, if a trained SEAL lost his life doing it. These boys if any are just learning how to swim. I hope their attempt to keep water out works. They will probably find out soon as the rain comes.

When say died of lack of oxygen what do they mean. Like while under water his tank ran out? Could there have been a leak? Could he gotten turned around. So sad this had to happen to him. This happened last night? Why are we just hearing about it now? How do they get him out? This story is about to fall apart.

It's morning there now so I'm assuming that's what they mean about last night.

Hathai Pia on Twitter
Kate Lyons on Twitter
A SEAL officer has died from lack of oxygen inside the cave.

Reports say he is a former Thai Navy SEAL. He died on the way back from bringing oxygen tanks inside the cave. :(
RIH Hero.

That's terrible :(

He is a hero, and he died trying to save 13 lives. Let them live so that his death isn't in vain.

RIP hero, and condolences to the family :(

Yes, his tank ran out of O2 while he was putting O2 tanks out for the rescue.
He was 38 yrs old. So sad, guess he didn't watch it closely enough or something.
Is there no alarm/warning system on them?

More info on how the former SEAL passed away here.
Richard Barrow in Thailand on Twitter
A former SEAL diver who was helping in #ThamLuang has died due to losing consciousness. He started his dive last night at around 8:30pm. Diving partners tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at 1am. Source: FB Wassana Nanuam

I'm surprised they don't have a device so they can communicate with each other, or maybe when you get low on air you don't realize it until it's too late to alert someone? It's be SO long since I took my course which I failed miserably.

Also, what about dive buddies? Maybe the elite divers don't have a dive buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member