Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again with the Chilean miners, it took 69 days to get them out. They would have to drill even deeper to get these kids out. They don't have that much time in this case.
And there are very precise maps for mines, they knew exactly where to drill, and even with that their first attempt missed .

There are no good maps of this cave. They would have to make an educated guess as to where to drill, and the odds of getting it right aren't very good.

Hmmmm.... I could message the Thai Navy SEALS via Facebook . But really, surely they have thought of higher volume pumps...
Don't bet on it. wouldn't hurt to send a message. they may not know about such things.
Did you catch the photo of one of their Navy Seal divers with all
his diving gear on AND an inner tube tied on his back? A plain
old black inner tube. Guessing he couldn't swim.

Don't bet on it. wouldn't hurt to send a message. they may not know about such things.
Well they do have several other countries helping them. They surely have looked into the best pump that will work for this particular cave.

I would message them, Wyle.

We really can't assume that this information has gotten to the officials who are frantically working out options.

Communication with good ideas is always a good thing

a modern Thai diver-
image-jpeg.467393

IMO, they have the best and the brightest helping them with finding the kids, then trying to work out the best way to get them out of that perilous situation.
The Chinese, Australian and British Cavers (and others) have done similar rescues, successfully and will do their very best to get these kids out.

Did you not hear the utter joy in the voice of the British diver when he saw the kids and they said '13' were alive??

The only rescues that these people have said NO to were when they knew the people in the caves were deceased and there was virtually no chance of getting their remains out for burial.

Unfortuanatley, this is a multi-faceted problem and I do not envy the head of the Army or whoever, who has to make the final call. Lives are at stake but they are more than aware of that possibility.

Its bad, but if its possible to succeed, these are the people who will manage it.

Well they do have several other countries helping them. They surely have looked into the best pump that will work for this particular cave.

US Indo-Pacific Command for one is involved. There's a lot going on over there. Still I can understand the anxiousness of wanting to make sure they've thought of a certain type of fairly new pump. All the what ifs. We're all so desperate to help. I'm sure they've got this. But then again... what if... Sigh. I just wish they were out safely already.

I think it's a good idea to continue with that while also working on other options. What if they got half the kids out and the rest were stuck down there? They'd need that line out. What if they to make an attempt and have to abort? Then they need to have the comms back to the cave where the boys are to tell the seals/divers with them to not send anyone else.

You're right. I didn't think of that.

Last edited:
That photograph doesn't tell me the person cannot swim. It tells me that the ring may be protection from jagged rocks or to protect his air tanks.

Or trying something that might aid the boys if they're going to try the dive... I really very much doubt the Thai would send in a diver who can't swim. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44