That's the spirit: Belief in ghosts high

Personally, I don't believed in ghosts, but there WAS a freaky thing that happened many years ago.

I was working a job selling advertising for several local rodeos. I was on the phone a lot doing follow-ups and such.

This particular day, I was talking to a prospective advertiser and I suddenly had an overwhelming feeling of sadness that I somehow KNEW had something to do with my Mother. I can't explain it and I've never told a soul about it until now.

I couldn't even finish the conversation. I excused myself and went home. I thought I was losing it.

When I got home, I layed down on the couch and our phone rang. It was my sister. Our Father had died. My Mother was with him when it happened...and he'd passed away right about the time I'd been talking to the client.

I've never had anything like that happen before or since , and I don't know what to make of it, except that maybe my Mother & I share a deeper bond than I once thought.

My mom knew every time her mom had something happen to her (accident, etc.) even when she didn't die. She just felt it and knew something bad had happened.

About 6 months ago on a monday afternoon..for no reason at all i suddenly got really sick (really dizzy and ended up throwing up) then i just started bawling...for no reason! nothing had happened at all..i was just laying there watching tv...i felt like calling my best friend Cory just to talk because i was just so sad....The second i grabbed my cell phone...my friend Aubrey called me to let me know that Cory had just passed away. I will never forget that...it was the weirdest thing ever.

Oh yeah, I'm the GaGal that Gman mentioned. Hehe the nick was taken when I signed up here. Anyway. I loved going to the Waverly and am completely certain that there are things that we can't see. We got some very cool EVP's from Waverly, as well as alot of personal experiences. We're also going to the Eastern State Penn in May, which is where Al Capone was housed. I love this kind of stuff.

My grandmother passed away about 12 years ago and at least a couple of times a week, I smell her snuff. She used snuff (sorry if no one knows what it is, it was gross... lol) all the time. So I think she just lets me know that she's here.

One day, about 2 years after my uncle passed away, there were cigarette ashes on the door handle of my car and the faint smell of his cigarette smoke in the car. No one at my house smokes at all. And there was nothing missing in my car. (I have XM radio, and had left my purse in the car that night on accident) When things like this happen and there is no normal reason, it has to be Para-Normal, right?

Both my grandparents dipped snuff and I would love to smell that once again, or at least the faint smell they had when it was in their mouths or a little powder would spill on the front of their clothing when they were very old.

Both my grandparents dipped snuff and I would love to smell that once again, or at least the faint smell they had when it was in their mouths or a little powder would spill on the front of their clothing when they were very old.

Yeah, that's the one. I remember having to dust it off my Grandma's shirts. The gross part was the whole spittoon thing. Just like smokeless tobacco nowadays I guess. But that smell always reminds me of my Grandma.

There's a really cool website where people tell their true-life ghost stories:
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/#real

I did have something odd happen once--a spoon flew across the room. My husband and I had bought an old house, from the estate of a woman who lived there most of her life. It was just sort of a given that the house would have spirits--you'd know what I mean if you saw it. When we moved in, we asked her for a little time to settle in before anything scary happened. She waited 'till we were decorating for Halloween! She's gone now, though.

I believe and have photo's. I've been a ghost hunter for many years, really enjoy it too.

BTW Ghost Hunters are broadcasting from Waverly tomorrow night. I think it's another live feed....last year they were at the Stanley Hotel in CO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back