The 17 *New* Hairs

The new WESH article listed in the Today's News thread for 3/24/09 is STILL spouting the "Defense found 17 hairs that Le missed" carp. I have sent them an email asking them to retract that statement, as it only plays into the defense stategy of muddying the waters with misinformation! WHY doesn't the media do their homework????? :furious:

The new WESH article listed in the Today's News thread for 3/24/09 is STILL spouting the "Defense found 17 hairs that Le missed" carp. I have sent them an email asking them to retract that statement, as it only plays into the defense stategy of muddying the waters with misinformation! WHY doesn't the media do their homework????? :furious:

Wish I could have thanked this post 100 times. TOTALLY ON IT, sister.

Sick of the defenses warped statements and the media running with it, as inaccurate as it is.

Actually read yesterday where Fox stated that KC used XTC, etc.

BULLS@#$, ok Fox?

She was not drugged on something when she killed her baby girl. She is simply heartless.

Sorry if I'm going to sound like a broken record here (cause I've posted this point/question so many times) Dr. Lee stated that he found maggots in KC's trunk. By the time Dr. Lee saw the trunk, ALL eviedence should have been removed for testing...right? So...maggots. Hmmm. Doesn't help KC, but does it help the SA either?

Per report on NG. Whose are they? Any opnions?

Unless they all belong to Caylee and all show signs of decomp, then this discovery works in the favor of the defense, no matter whose hair it is. It shows sloppy police work, a "rush" search.

I find it a bit hard to believe that LE "missed" 17 hairs. Not just one or two, but 17??? Come on, I will have to see this proven in court to believe it.

Sorry if I'm going to sound like a broken record here (cause I've posted this point/question so many times) Dr. Lee stated that he found maggots in KC's trunk. By the time Dr. Lee saw the trunk, ALL eviedence should have been removed for testing...right? So...maggots. Hmmm. Doesn't help KC, but does it help the SA either?

Can you provide a link for that info, please? TIA

Check out this link in the mythbuster thread re" the Hairs- post # 28-

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78216

Since you brought up the subject...:mad:

As of about 30 min. ago, WFTV still has its article revealing the discovery of a knife with Caylee's remains. Link here. They report...

(begin quote)
Sheaffer said the public might never find out why a stainless steel knife was found with the body."The knife could have been an agency of the murder, could have been used to cut the tape. A myriad of possibilities with the knife," Sheaffer said.
(end quote)

This is the Jan. 21 article that first mentioned the subject.

Uncorrected.

Good luck with the email. I emailed Kathy B. explaining the knife screw-up the day after they published that story.

Since the prosecution goes first, I think they can walk through a timeline and process with the CSI investigators that shows, in fact, that they did a very methodical and superb job recovering evidence from the vehicle and trash bag as necessary. :thumb:

Remember that the collection of evidence is time-consuming. It is photographed and then collected. Notes are taken and later logged into a computer. Not everything is collected at once. The collection of evidence is an iterative process, done at the direction of the lead investigator as the case develops. :detective: On top of all that, they are working multiple cases at the same time.

At worse LE missed a single hair that may or may not be important - the one found in the trunk by Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee did not find any hairs on the trunk liner, spare tire cover, or the spare tire well - areas that were the focus of the investigation. :rolleyes:

When he inspected the contents of the garbage bag with OCSO, they found three hairs. But, I note, up to that point OCSO had not inspected the bag with the intention of recovering hairs. Yes, hairs were recovered as the bag was inspected for other reasons, but no search specifically for hairs had taken place up to that point. Why? LE had no reason to believe Caylee had ever been inside that particular bag. LE had been examining the bag simply to eliminate it as the source of the decomposition smell. :cool:

So the good Dr. Lee helps find three hairs inside a bag that had not been searched for hairs. I'm sure Baez was smirking when that happened. That would explain why, after the world-famous forensic scientist left, lowly CSI-II Bloise re-inspected the bag and found 13 hairs missed by Dr. Lee. :highfive:

Whose reputation is impeached by this? :waitasec:

For reference, here is the rough timeline of evidence collection from the vehicle and the trash bag:

Jul 16
Vehicle impounded. Exterior is photographed. Interior is photographed. Visual overview inspection. Interior and exterior checked with ALS.
Black trash bag with items removed from vehicle by Cindy Anthony is collected.
White trash bag recovered from dumpster collected. Visual overview inspection. Maggots noted on a black plastic tray.

Jul 17
Vehicle interior is photographed. Cadaver dog inspection. Hairs, soil samples, and air freshener sheet recovered from trunk.

Jul 18
Dirt residues collected from right and left interior fender wells. Trunk checked with ALS. Trunk sprayed with Blue Star.

Jul 21
Air samples collected from trunk and sent to Oak Ridge.

Jul 22
Spare tire cover with stain photographed. Hair recovered from spare tire cover. Piece of spare tire cover cut out and removed.

Jul 23
Vegetation recovered from underneath vehicle. Leaf recovered from spare tire well in trunk. Air freshener sheet recovered from rear seat. Interior doors and a pair of shoes in vehicle sprayed with Blue Star. Additional air samples collected from trunk. All air samples shipped to Oak Ridge.

Jul 25
Trunk liner photographed. Many hairs and a piece of fabric are collected from the liner. Piece of spare tire cover is collected. Tire impressions taken.

Jul 28
Swabs taken from spare tire cover. Hair and dirt residues sent to FBI.

Jul 29
Piece of spare tire cover sent to Wuesthoff Labs.

Jul 30
Latent print exam of the vehicle.

Aug 1
Windshield photographed. Vegetation collected from windshield. Car seat removed from vehicle. Piece of spare tire cover removed.

Aug 4
Soil, piece of spare tire cover, and trunk liner sent to FBI.

Aug 5
Additional pieces of spare tire cover sent to FBI.

Aug 8
Contents of trash bag inventoried. Information on cleaning products contained in bag relayed to Oak Ridge.

Aug 25
Contents of bag reinspected for pizza and or meat.

Aug 28
Maggots and a pupae removed from trash bag are shipped to Dr. Haskell.

Aug 29
Air samples collected from trunk and vehicle interior.

Aug 30
Air samples collected from trash bag and forensic garage.

Sep 2
All air samples sent to Oak Ridge

Sep 27
Interior swept. Wheel well swept, scraped, and swabbed. Steering wheel cover removed.

Sep 29
Items collected Sep 27 are sent to the FBI.

Oct 7
Trash bag examined. Two hairs attached to napkins/paper towels recovered. The bag and a paper towel with attached Pupae are shipped to Dr. Haskell. When done Dr. Haskell is to send items to Oak Ridge.

Oct 23
Hairs and botanical items recovered by Dr. Haskell sent to OCSO.

Oct 30
Vegetation collected from car and trash bag sent to Dr. Hall.

Oct 31
Stained and unstained pieces of spare tire cover along with scrapings from spare tire well are sent to Oak Ridge.
Hairs collected by Dr. Haskell sent to FBI.

Nov 14
Dr. Lee inspects trunk liner and spare tire cover.
Dr. Lee inspects trash bag with CSI-II Bloise. Together they recover three hairs.
Dr. Lee inspects trunk and finds a single hair.
After Dr. Lee leaves, CSI-II Bloise reinspects garbage bag and recovers 13 additional hairs not found in inspection with Dr. Lee.

Nov 17
Hairs collected on Nov 14 are sent to the FBI.

Dec 8
Gas guage is tested.

Dec 17

Dr. Haskell inspects the trunk liner and spare tire cover, as well as the vehicle.
Dr. Haskell inspects the trash bag and several of its contents.

I can understand how a hair could be found in a car, a car that had been vacuumed who knows how many times, that had been throughly cleaned by LE and possibly others before them.

I'm interested to know who the hair came off of, if they came from an unknown person is the defense going to say they could have come off of the "real killer"?

I'm also curious about Dr Lee's visit with KC; was it the day before he found hair in the car or after he found hair in the car?

I can understand how a hair could be found in a car, a car that had been vacuumed who knows how many times, that had been throughly cleaned by LE and possibly others before them.

I'm interested to know who the hair came off of, if they came from an unknown person is the defense going to say they could have come off of the "real killer"?

I'm also curious about Dr Lee's visit with KC; was it the day before he found hair in the car or after he found hair in the car?

Wouldn't it just be awesome if those hairs belonged to Dr. Lee? Or JB?

Wouldn't it just be awesome if those hairs belonged to Dr. Lee? Or JB?
If we're gonna fantasize let's aim higher.

What if he got his stashes confused and they belonged to Lana C.?

UPDATE FROM THE NEW DOC-DUMP

Hair samples taken from Caylee's remains were tested for a variety of drugs, with negative results. Examiners did not detect alprazolam, known under the trade name Xanax, or diazepam, marketed as Valium.

Bumping to aid in the discussion of Dr. Lee's sleuthing abilities ...

Since the prosecution goes first, I think they can walk through a timeline and process with the CSI investigators that shows, in fact, that they did a very methodical and superb job recovering evidence from the vehicle and trash bag as necessary. :thumb:

Remember that the collection of evidence is time-consuming. It is photographed and then collected. Notes are taken and later logged into a computer. Not everything is collected at once. The collection of evidence is an iterative process, done at the direction of the lead investigator as the case develops. :detective: On top of all that, they are working multiple cases at the same time.

At worse LE missed a single hair that may or may not be important - the one found in the trunk by Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee did not find any hairs on the trunk liner, spare tire cover, or the spare tire well - areas that were the focus of the investigation. :rolleyes:

When he inspected the contents of the garbage bag with OCSO, they found three hairs. But, I note, up to that point OCSO had not inspected the bag with the intention of recovering hairs. Yes, hairs were recovered as the bag was inspected for other reasons, but no search specifically for hairs had taken place up to that point. Why? LE had no reason to believe Caylee had ever been inside that particular bag. LE had been examining the bag simply to eliminate it as the source of the decomposition smell. :cool:

So the good Dr. Lee helps find three hairs inside a bag that had not been searched for hairs. I'm sure Baez was smirking when that happened. That would explain why, after the world-famous forensic scientist left, lowly CSI-II Bloise re-inspected the bag and found 13 hairs missed by Dr. Lee. :highfive:

Whose reputation is impeached by this? :waitasec:

For reference, here is the rough timeline of evidence collection from the vehicle and the trash bag:

Jul 16
Vehicle impounded. Exterior is photographed. Interior is photographed. Visual overview inspection. Interior and exterior checked with ALS.
Black trash bag with items removed from vehicle by Cindy Anthony is collected.
White trash bag recovered from dumpster collected. Visual overview inspection. Maggots noted on a black plastic tray.

Jul 17
Vehicle interior is photographed. Cadaver dog inspection. Hairs, soil samples, and air freshener sheet recovered from trunk.

Jul 18
Dirt residues collected from right and left interior fender wells. Trunk checked with ALS. Trunk sprayed with Blue Star.

Jul 21
Air samples collected from trunk and sent to Oak Ridge.

Jul 22
Spare tire cover with stain photographed. Hair recovered from spare tire cover. Piece of spare tire cover cut out and removed.

Jul 23
Vegetation recovered from underneath vehicle. Leaf recovered from spare tire well in trunk. Air freshener sheet recovered from rear seat. Interior doors and a pair of shoes in vehicle sprayed with Blue Star. Additional air samples collected from trunk. All air samples shipped to Oak Ridge.

Jul 25
Trunk liner photographed. Many hairs and a piece of fabric are collected from the liner. Piece of spare tire cover is collected. Tire impressions taken.

Jul 28
Swabs taken from spare tire cover. Hair and dirt residues sent to FBI.

Jul 29
Piece of spare tire cover sent to Wuesthoff Labs.

Jul 30
Latent print exam of the vehicle.

Aug 1
Windshield photographed. Vegetation collected from windshield. Car seat removed from vehicle. Piece of spare tire cover removed.

Aug 4
Soil, piece of spare tire cover, and trunk liner sent to FBI.

Aug 5
Additional pieces of spare tire cover sent to FBI.

Aug 8
Contents of trash bag inventoried. Information on cleaning products contained in bag relayed to Oak Ridge.

Aug 25
Contents of bag reinspected for pizza and or meat.

Aug 28
Maggots and a pupae removed from trash bag are shipped to Dr. Haskell.

Aug 29
Air samples collected from trunk and vehicle interior.

Aug 30
Air samples collected from trash bag and forensic garage.

Sep 2
All air samples sent to Oak Ridge

Sep 27
Interior swept. Wheel well swept, scraped, and swabbed. Steering wheel cover removed.

Sep 29
Items collected Sep 27 are sent to the FBI.

Oct 7
Trash bag examined. Two hairs attached to napkins/paper towels recovered. The bag and a paper towel with attached Pupae are shipped to Dr. Haskell. When done Dr. Haskell is to send items to Oak Ridge.

Oct 23
Hairs and botanical items recovered by Dr. Haskell sent to OCSO.

Oct 30
Vegetation collected from car and trash bag sent to Dr. Hall.

Oct 31
Stained and unstained pieces of spare tire cover along with scrapings from spare tire well are sent to Oak Ridge.
Hairs collected by Dr. Haskell sent to FBI.

Nov 14
Dr. Lee inspects trunk liner and spare tire cover.
Dr. Lee inspects trash bag with CSI-II Bloise. Together they recover three hairs.
Dr. Lee inspects trunk and finds a single hair.
After Dr. Lee leaves, CSI-II Bloise reinspects garbage bag and recovers 13 additional hairs not found in inspection with Dr. Lee.

Nov 17
Hairs collected on Nov 14 are sent to the FBI.

Dec 8
Gas guage is tested.

Dec 17

Dr. Haskell inspects the trunk liner and spare tire cover, as well as the vehicle.
Dr. Haskell inspects the trash bag and several of its contents.

Dr. Lee, an apparently intelligent man has been working in the US for around 30 or more years. It is a mystery as to how he can have failed to improve his pronounciation of English in that amount of time. In addition to problems with pronounciation, he seems also to be severely challenged when it comes to grammar and syntax.

I don't know, maybe he thinks it is "charming". Personally, I find it to be irritating and distracting.

I heard HL talk on JVM or Nancy Grace and his english seemed fairly good, and understandable.

I believe he mucks up his speech a little on the stand, or if cornered to a tricky question on purpose.

Kinda like CM...mouth full of marbles at times, and more clear when he's NOT lying or stretching the truth.

Dr. Lee, an apparently intelligent man has been working in the US for around 30 or more years. It is a mystery as to how he can have failed to improve his pronounciation of English in that amount of time. In addition to problems with pronounciation, he seems also to be severely challenged when it comes to grammar and syntax.

I don't know, maybe he thinks it is "charming". Personally, I find it to be irritating and distracting.

It's about as charming as the Governator's inability to pick-up on a Caulifornia accent.

My hubby grew up in Boston and has lived in Virginia for almost 30 years and his accent is still so thick you can cut it with a knife. I am from Wisconsin and honestly, sometimes I can't understand him. R's are NOT optional, LOL!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back