The 26 hours of audio interviews released by FOIA

Dwen23

Reaction score
Substantial question : I do know that a "FOIA" was granted for some documents after legal battle from Maureen Callahan and that extensive audio was released, you can see that from her book, hear segments of itw on True Crime Bullsh**t podcast : is it still possible to find those long audio interviews somewhere?
Kind of the boogeyman, everywhere I look people are searching, some said they got it (mostly by TCB patreon, sand the host a message and auto response that "he is on vacations").

I know Callahan says in the end of the book that the treatment of the the FBI is strange about that case to say the least (razor blades, legs shackles replaced got loose in a courtroom, Federal attorney playing investigation interviewer and jeopardize the case from the get go, refusing for "Crescent lake" search (despite the good conditions here) to find more remains : some 45000 pages of documents will probably never see the light of day (patriot act and FBI over abuse about "terrorist anything" to prevent anyone to see cases files (looks like here in France since I'm born some 40 years ago).

If someone as extensive knowledge about any of it, or things I forgot to mention : be my guest.
Cheers from France ☘️

I don't think so. I think Callahan has access to *some* of the audio because she FOIA'd it. There may be legal issues with the general public accessing the earlier, post-arrest interviews and any other audio that was not made public on the FBI site. Some of it may have to do with the graphic nature of the Koenig murder description. I don't know.

Also, it is my understanding that someone, perhaps Israel's mother Heidi Keyes (though I don't know), is still paying legal fees to keep some information related to Israel Keyes's confessions private. I don't in fact know who is paying the legal fees. There are whole Reddit threads about whether it is Heidi who is paying Israel's lawyers so you might start looking at Reddit threads.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I think Callahan has access to *some* of the audio because she FOIA'd it. There may be legal issues with the general public accessing the earlier, post-arrest interviews and any other audio that was not made public on the FBI site. Some of it may have to do with the graphic nature of the Koenig murder description. I don't know.

Also, it is my understanding that someone, perhaps Israel's mother Heidi Keyes (though I don't know), is still paying legal fees to keep some information related to Israel Keyes's confessions private. I don't in fact know who is paying the legal fees. <modsnip>
I'm aware that the "interview about the details of Samantha's murder" were never revealed (seems to be logic in any shape of form and decency), the "book/scenario" Keyes wanted to develop neither, and Keyes's journal the same.

For the rest, things that aren't public like YouTube, reddit, FBI vault are nowhere to be found :<modsnip-rumor>

Rode that the 20ish hours of interviews are part of it.

And for the podcasts and the book there's a lot more of material that public domain contains ☘️

Last edited by a moderator:
Substantial question : I do know that a "FOIA" was granted for some documents after legal battle from Maureen Callahan and that extensive audio was released, you can see that from her book, hear segments of itw on True Crime Bullsh**t podcast : is it still possible to find those long audio interviews somewhere?
Kind of the boogeyman, everywhere I look people are searching, some said they got it (mostly by TCB patreon, sand the host a message and auto response that "he is on vacations").

I know Callahan says in the end of the book that the treatment of the the FBI is strange about that case to say the least (razor blades, legs shackles replaced got loose in a courtroom, Federal attorney playing investigation interviewer and jeopardize the case from the get go, refusing for "Crescent lake" search (despite the good conditions here) to find more remains : some 45000 pages of documents will probably never see the light of day (patriot act and FBI over abuse about "terrorist anything" to prevent anyone to see cases files (looks like here in France since I'm born some 40 years ago).

If someone as extensive knowledge about any of it, or things I forgot to mention : be my guest.
Cheers from France ☘️
You need to foia the anchorage PD files.

This used to be available on soundcloud but was pulled in 2020 when I was about half way thru listening. Honestly one of the biggest letdowns ever for me to know I had such bad timing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back