The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venus13

Venus13 New Member

Will the 60 mins be stopped from showing the story of TM/AD on Sunday?

2. Amee

Amee Active Member

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 24s

#badenclay appeal is against conviction, not sentence. @9NewsBrisbane

3. Snails

Snails New Member

So maybe they are trying to get it downgraded to manslaughter? Alioop will know.

4. Consider

Consider New Member

Thanks BJ

An incredibly worthwhile interview to listen to!

As WS's have been stating in advance many 'mates' and insiders likely to come forward now.

5. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

Whatever ... they were, this is BS.

6. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...dont-belittle-their-wives-20140716-3c0od.html

Dear Gerard, decent men don't belittle their wives
    July 17, 2014 - 12:21PM by Madonna King

[Excerpt] "...You see Gerard a decent man would never belittle his wife in the way you did each day. He wouldn’t reduce women to play things, telling the world on a website he didn’t want to be married, and taking his mistress along for a ride.
    He wouldn’t laugh at his wife’s underclothes, or tell her she smelled. He’d be bright enough to understand he married up the chain, so to speak, and would treasure every day his wife wanted to be by his side.
    Knowing he killed her, Gerard, a decent man couldn’t sit in court besmirching her reputation, telling fanciful stories of her having suicidal tendencies and being unable to cope"[End Excerpt]...

Excellent article well worth a read IMO.

7. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

This wont get through .. chances of him being granted an appeal .. flat zero IMO.

8. Amee

Amee Active Member

Justin Quill, the director of Kelly Hazel Quill Lawyers, has previously said Baden-Clay would not be able to appeal the length of the sentence, but may have "very good" grounds to appeal the conviction.

"Potentially there is an appeal on conviction – that could be on a whole stack of grounds," he said.

"Those grounds could be the exclusion of particular pieces of evidence.

"It could be taking the judge to task on the precise wording of the charge or the answers to the questions. The answers to the questions are crucial."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-...ches-appeal-against-murder-conviction/5604432

9. Amee

Amee Active Member

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 38s

We have a copy of the #badenclay appeal. Grounds are: verdict was unreasonable, was a miscarriage of justice. @9NewsBrisbane

10. Amee

Amee Active Member

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 54s

Appeal document says #badenclay does not wish to be present when court considers appeal. @9NewsBrisbane

11. Smegal

Smegal Member

That is just heartbreaking :tears: What an absolute modsnip that man is! I bet he didn't want her at the event, no doubt Toni was there.

I still don't understand why NBC and OW were allowed to berate Allison yet no one was allowed to do the same to Gerard. And let's face it, there's no shortage of people who have happily got up there.

12. Greg

Greg New Member

Are the defence and the grubs going to make another attempt to denigrate and drag Allison through the mud again????

13. Amee

Amee Active Member

I remember OW saying she hopes there is no miscarriage of Justice.
    Dont worry OW Im sure there hasnt been. You can try but IMO, nope ,nothing ,nada. ....

Sister defends Baden-Clay

Gerard Baden-Clay's sister backs her brother who is charged with murdering his wife, saying she hopes there is no "miscarriage of justice".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20130313-2g0z2.html#ixzz37gxNiGWo

14. Consider

Consider New Member

Once a liar, cheater, swindler, adulterer : always so : I'm fairly sure statistics can attest to same.

What do psychologists say : Future behaviour can be predicted on the basis of past behaviour...!!

Trust and have faith in the system WS's : many good, intelligent people pull together to make it work.

Appeal schameal. Have a crack GBC : what else are you gonna do ????

And please, please, please be funded by TM's interview (and the BC mansion...!)

WHOOP !!

15. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

It's too hard to hit on random women when your wife is present.

16. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

When will, this nightmare stop for the Dickie's, family & friends....?? :tantrum:

17. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

I was just wondering that too! True to form, it's all about him!

18. wakeskate

wakeskate Just the facts, ma'am

I thought more about this (again I haven't seen these injuries on his hands), and maybe everything happened on the back porch.
    There was evidence of a bleed from her head which could have been caused by hitting her head on the concrete.

Having it happen on the back porch fits with a lot of what we know.

- Kids where home. Risk of them hearing something, so they were outside talking/arguing.
    - (suspected) wound on the head could be from hitting her head on the concrete. **
    - Explains the leaves in her hair much more than them getting picked up whilst carrying/dragging the body to the car
    - Explains the (suggested) screams heard that night and why (if it happened) it didn't wake the kids.

I wonder if forensics inspected the back porch in depth. I know they had plenty of photos from inside and found no evidence of foul play (suggested he cleaned up).
    If that was true, a stick or some other object could have been used as well as fingernails.

**“If this was a true injury, it indicates a blunt force impact to the head, probably of a moderate degree of force. Subdural haemorrhage can occur without a skull fracture,” Dr Milne said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...orce-trauma-20140716-ztr66.html#ixzz37gzg4zeQ

19. Consider

Consider New Member

Bless him...

20. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

I know, I really worry about how much more they can take. Mr Dickie looks like a broken man. Has to be taking a toll on their health. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.