The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consider

Consider New Member

Save yourself BJ - Don't go there !!

QUOTE=BJsleuth;10758380]WTF? "He was growing the beard as a protest until "Mummy" came home!"? Whaaaaat?[/QUOTE]

2. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

I imagine he's hit her on the head first as that's what usually happens, then he smothered her. The leaves became entangled as Allison shook her head side to side fighting to breathe. We'll never know will we?

3. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Campaigns and/or protests are only allowed when the owners of Websleuths LLC approves them. FYI.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. Consider

Consider New Member

So true

I try to save myself and others with humour (not a well planned or logical 'means to an end' but often all I have up my sleeve)

The Dickies would struggle beyond comprehension.

They can't laugh. But must smile for these beautiful three girls.

I took to several showers a day not to cry in front of the kids. I'm not saying I get it.

The Dickies are the carers : who's caring for the carers? Their other beautiful children.

The Dickies other daughter has moved to locate near them and support them and their son is right there too - jobs, homes, neighbours all having to change.

Can they afford expert psychological help? Do they get respite?

So full on. We've all been through much, but it's honestly incomprehensible even to the experts what the Dickies are faced with every day in loving and securing the safety and well being (current and future) of the three girls and all of their own lives.

5. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

A family friend was murdered as a teen, by her boyfriends best mate who was jealous. It involved a sexual assault too. I know the toll it all took on them and they were much younger than the Dickies. It changed everything. I too am concerned what this will do Mr Dickie. He was a firey, they're tough but you can see the strain he's under. As you said, how much more can he take? How much more will they be forced to take by BC? It's so wrong.

6. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu Active Member

What's the chances of this appeal getting through- or not and WHY!!??? Alioop??? Where are you???

7. Greg

Greg New Member

How do we get approval Kimster?

8. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Thanks Consider. I just don't understand the logic, I can't reconcile it. I won't try!

9. Amee

Amee Active Member

The Queensland Court of Appeal registry received the application about lunch time on Thursday.

According to documents filed by the defence to justify an appeal:

The verdict of murder was unreasonable.

A miscarriage of justice occurred because the jury should have been, but was not, directed that the presence of the deceased's blood in a motor vehicle was only relevant if the jury was satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the presence of blood was attributable to an injury sustained to the deceased's body on the evening of 19 April 2012 or the morning of 20 April 2012.

The trial judge erred in law in not directing the jury that they needed to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the appellant placed the body of the deceased at Kholo Creek in order to use such a finding as post-offence conduct going to guilt.

The trial judge erred in leaving to the jury that the appellant attempted to disguise marks on his face by making razor cuts.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/baden-clay-appealing-his-murder-conviction/2321472/

10. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Write to wbsleuth@xmission.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

11. Zorro

Zorro New Member

What if my criminal case appeal is successful?

If the appeal against the conviction is successful, the court will either order a new trial with a different judge and jury, or find the appellant not guilty. If the appeal against the sentence is successful, the sentence may be reduced or a different type of sentence may be imposed.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/court-of-appeal/common-questions

12. Woodstock

Woodstock Member

BBM (hollow laugh) That will make a change from the undignified prattle that we've had from this family until now. Too little, too late ... And then they appeal.
    MOO

13. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

I can't see him getting a new trial without some kind of incredible new evidence. Just don't see it happening.

14. Snails

Snails New Member

I believe that an appeal carries a risk - his sentence may be INCREASED.

15. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up. I certainly don't want to tarnish a bunch of good people with a misinformed generalisation based on an impression. Apologies.

16. Smegal

Smegal Member

Thank you for the link, am listening now. Just heard Hedley say he had never seen Gerard with a beard (early on in he interview he said he knew him for 15 years). Didn't one of the three C's say that he often grew one and they competitions to see who could grow the fastest? Hmmm.

EDIT: as soon as I hit submit and unpaused (is that a word?) the audio I heard he bit about 'growing the beard as a sort of protest until mummy comes home', oh good grief!

17. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Dickies were prepared by the prosecution to expect this, I'm sure it doesn't hurt any less though. From what I understand, due to mandatory sentencing, an appeal is almost guaranteed as there is nothing to lose. As opposed to other states, where there is a real risk of it backfiring and having your sentence increased instead!

GBC doesn't wish to attend the appeal....

With all the media coverage and exposès since the verdict, I wonder if a retrial would even be possible! Hard to find an untainted jury!

18. Greg

Greg New Member

perjury from the C's......????

people need to be squeezed a bit harder...the truth will come out

19. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I'm ready to be verified as an insider. Kimster can you please tell me again HOW?

20. Greg

Greg New Member

i hereby volunteer to give him an unbiased review of the facts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.