The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consider

Consider New Member

Huh?

GBC is: "Humanely medicated for awhile because his life has rather changed" ?

Perps who play (cough, sniffle, can't breathe, panic attacks, at risk of depression, can't snap-outta-it, and wearing striped black prison attire) get all the trimmings don't they!!!

Whose lives (that matter and do for others) are forever changed????? Consequent to him being a murderer, liar, swindler, adulterer....

Aghast

Not happy.

Achew!!! "It's OK, I'm just a little hurt and a little sad for myself"

NURSE!!!!

MumME.....

2. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Here's the link to the audio. It wasn't me, is was t777 who originally posted it. (Thanks t777!)

3. Anonthemouse

Anonthemouse New Member

The law is certainly weird. Can't allow stuff in to the trial because it may be "prejudicial" ... whatever that means, I mean surely how you conduct yourself is relevant... and now that the verdict was what? UNREASONABLE?? wtf?
    Because a woman lying under a bridge is totally reasonable.
    Far canal, I knew the appeal was likely, but still... how on earth is he supposed to have a retrial now with all that's come out in the media?
    So disgusted by it all.

4. toe

toe New Member

What a load of BS.

creep!

5. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

A judge only retrial is the only way I could think of.

6. Adrianna

Adrianna Member

So agree, can't he just get over it, is that not what he wanted Allison to do!

7. Adrianna

Adrianna Member

I guess we knew he would appeal, sighs soft, thinking of the Dickies having to go though all this stress, it's so unhealthy for them when they are trying to give those beautiful girls a home they deserve. They will be in my prayers.

8. Amee

Amee Active Member

9. Consider

Consider New Member

Hi Anonthemouse

Can I offer you a paddle for that canal.

Just the best!

10. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

You'll be pleased to know that if GBC needs to make a High Court challenge, that legal aide doesn't fund it.

11. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

The poor woman...she would have grounds to sue him for sexual harrassment in the workplace.

12. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

:floorlaugh:

Camp Chair - if you're out there, please give us an update - how has Gerard the Rooster (and his feathered female fan club/ harem) been behaving over the past few days? Any odd happenings to report?

13. Opinionsgalore

Opinionsgalore New Member

woohoo - glad to hear the tax payers won't have to foot the bill for that debacle.

14. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

With all of the information now coming out in MSM about GBC, which paints him in an increasingly unfavourable light, is it even going to be possible to get a fair trial if a re-trial is ordered? They would not even be able to hold it in another state or bring in an interstate jury - everybody in Australia and most of the world now knows all about his background, character, other misdemeanours etc.

Or would a re-trial be a judge-only affair?

15. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

I have no idea about Wattle Day but based on my personal gardening experience and plant-geek tendencies, I would have thought wattles were in bloom closer to August 1 than September 1. I even remember seeing some wattles blossoming in July some years and remarking that it was a very, very, very early sign of spring.

16. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

My :twocents: for what it's worth...

My opinion is that TM's paid interview was her own idea and organised on her own initiative, but it may be that members of the Hyphen-Hyphen family might attempt to persuade, sweet-talk, arm-twist, exert undue pressure or otherwise convince her that the proceeds should go towards Mr Hyphen-Hyphen's appeal fund.

17. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I just removed a few posts due to rumor (stating facts without link) and name variations. Both are clearly spelled out in our rules forum as violations. Pay attention, please!

:cheers:

18. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

What about the attempted jury tampering? If it is not included as possible grounds for appeal, then Un-named Person In Purple's fine efforts at engaging the jury in friendly conversation will have been wasted.

19. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

Why?

Because that is the only way to ensure that he doesn't get carried away and take the stand and start rambling nonsense?

Because the judge would take one look at him and throw the appeal (and him) out?

20. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but do I recall reading early on in this case, that lawyer Mr Peter Shields was a personal friend of GBC from way back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.