The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

2. Smegal

Smegal Member

I'm moving next year to wear she is living and will have to rent before we buy a house. Thanks to Daily Mail I know which real estate to avoid!

Surely she cops some grief. I can imagine her issuing a feral tenant with a warning for having a dirty house or something and them saying 'so? At least I didn't have an affair with a married man who killed his wife!'

3. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

4. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

5. Makara

Makara Former Member

Expert: Forbidden-item-argument won't win Baden-Clay appeal

Rae Wilson | 17th Jul 2014 6:00 AM Updated: 6:59 AM

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/law-juror-forbidden-appeals/2321112/

6. Amee

Amee Active Member

Police investigate approaches to Gerard Baden-Clay jurors

During the 21-day high profile trial, jurors were approached by a television journalist and, separately, by a man dressed in red who asked for a betting tip about the upcoming verdict.

Both approaches were *rebuffed by the jurors and swiftly reported to trial judge John Byrne.

Police are also investigating a post on the Facebook page “Justice for Allison Baden-Clay” by someone purporting to be a juror, asking for public patience while the jury deliberated.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...badenclay-jurors/story-e6frg6nf-1226991513396

7. Amee

Amee Active Member

Sunday Night executive producer Mark Llewellyn confirmed Seven, which will devote only a portion of the show to the Baden-Clay story, had made a small donation to the Dickie family which has been earmarked for the Baden-Clay children. He said no other monies had been paid.

The Nine Network’s 60 Minutes was first into the fray trumpeting its exclusive interview on Sunday with Baden-Clay’s mistress Toni McHugh.

Television insiders claim Nine paid out as much as $250,000 in for McHugh’s story of unconditional love and betrayal.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...-are-big-winners/story-fni0cvc9-1226991521242

8. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu Active Member

9. Berry

Berry Gotch ya

I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion MRSA and do so graciously. My opinion is in Australia, Jurors do take this job very seriously.

In South Africa there is not a Jury for trial, only a Judge and 2 Senior Counsel at each side of the Judge for guidance and advice. So much so that they can over rule the Judge too.

10. digitup

digitup New Member

We have to respect the justice system,so far it has done well. Appeals are a right that are afforded to anyone convicted of a serious crime. Hang in there, it is pretty standard stuff,an appeal was expected.

11. Smegal

Smegal Member

I've had a revolting thought. I bet GBC will end up having an affair with a female prison guard and/or marrying one of those weirdos who fall in love with killers behind bars :scared:

12. Opinionsgalore

Opinionsgalore New Member

No.no.no - don't be saying that :sick:

13. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu Active Member

WTH is the deal with the justice for ABC facebook page?!? A juror posted on there? I can't read the full article - does anyone know anything about this???

14. Sleuthis-maximus

Sleuthis-maximus New Member

I've always wondered about the announcement of the affair to the office and school principal etc, like it was him (in his mind) falling on his sword and 'doing the right thing' once it was out in the open...Could you imagine having a boss sit you down and explain something to you like that? Fairly certain for most people it would fall into the 'lets never speak of this again' category.

15. Adrianna

Adrianna Member

But that doesn't make sense given your previous statement

16. Aliwonders

Aliwonders New Member

These things will easily happen in this day and age. Anyone can make a FB profile (indeed half the people on those sites are using pretend profiles) The guy in red?? Some people are just plain dumb and would say anything inappropriate.

17. Aliwonders

Aliwonders New Member

Maybe he was hedging his bets and hopeing they would think "Wow if he is open to affairs maybe there is hope for me yet!!!"

18. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Signs of possible problems with personality, judgement and empathy seem to be emerging slowly IMO.
    Question: Is this socially appropriate behaviour? Whom did it hurt? Is it treating your employees as a 'captive' audience? Imposing one's personal problems upon others in the workplace? Is it exploiting the employer/employee relationship? Was there any thought that it might be embarassing/uncomfortable for others? Did the employees have a choice? Did the school principal need to know? Did it place the principal in a difficult situation? Did it undermine Allison? etc or Was it just plain self-serving? aimed at saving own reputation/position within the community?
    My opinion only.

19. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Bring back the lash. :laughing: CRIKEY I guess that'll never happen.

20. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Be very careful TM you might be next missy.
    Once a murderer.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.