The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Mmmm.......cyber....... Valium.....milkshake. :dance::crazy:

2. Snails

Snails New Member

These definitions pretty much cover it all. Take your pick -
    "confidence man
    Function: noun
    Meaning: a dishonest person who uses clever means to cheat others out of something of value.
    Synonyms bilk, bilker, cheat, cheater, chiseler (or chiseller), confidence man, cozener, defrauder, dodger, fakir, finagler, fraudster [chiefly British], hoaxer, scammer, scamster, shark, sharper, sharpie (or sharpy), skinner, swindler, tricker
    Related Words double-crosser, double-dealer; bluffer, charlatan, fake, faker, humbug, impostor (or imposter), mountebank, phony (also phoney), pretender, quack, quacksalver, ringer, sham; adventurer, fox, gamesman, knave, prankster, rascal, rogue; fast-talker, slick, slicker, slickster, slyboots, smoothy (or smoothie), wheeler-dealer; plotter, schemer, sneak, sneaker; blackleg, cardsharp (or cardsharper)"

3. digitup

digitup New Member

I just watched Prosecuting Casey Anthony this afternoon on foxtel, it was fascinating and drew many parallels with this case regarding evidence in particular. For Aussie sleuthers it is on again at 2:15 am on Premier if any night owls are up to it.

4. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Appeals are a worry in light of this case:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/rivkin-driver-acquitted-of-murder-20120224-1tu2m.html
    Wood's barrister Tim Game SC submitted that the jury's verdict was unreasonable and not supported by the evidence. His submission spoke of nine grounds for appeal. One was that the trial miscarried by reason of the prejudice occasioned by the Tedeschi's closing address. Others related to criticisms of Barr's directions to the jury.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caroline_Byrne

5. digitup

digitup New Member

Just wondering if this has been mentioned before as it is a little close to home at the moment. Lariam ,Mefloquine or any other anti malaria drugs, their contraindications and the possible use of it to surreptitiously destabilize someones mental health? Doc?

6. Zanzibar

Zanzibar New Member

Not unusually, you are correct, I didn't quote from the Autopsy report, in my haste this morning I grabbed a quote from the link relating to evidence that was subject to legal argument.....would have linked it but I'll be buggered if I can work out how to do that with an iPhone. I'm very wary of attempting to debate an expert on something I'm far from expert about, and I am very conscious that I haven't the time to devote to appropriately considering the detail. I am so glad we have someone here who can and does do that for us.

I agree the "IF" seemed a very big one, I was amazed it had been uttered at all really. A moot point anyway I guess as he was found guilty, in no small part due to the work of QPS but also due to the minds of Websleuths members.

What that document I can't manage to link to described for me, was a far more intensely personal and violent attack. Good reason I guess why the defence acted to suppress. Thanks for your consideration Doc.

7. digitup

digitup New Member

That is so scary! I remember it well,so similar..fingers crossed

8. Aussie_expat.sg

Aussie_expat.sg Member

hmm....not at all sure. My ex husband had a child with his girlfriend in his teen years, and the child was adopted. He contacted us at 21 years of age. OMG. He was a clone of my ex. All the mannerisms were exactly the same, in the same industry/career - almost the same job, most of the same interests and even though he was given a different name, his adoptive parents gave him the name of my ex. He even had the same inflections in his voice. It was actually rather scary. Until meeting him I would have thought nurture had a far bigger impact, but now i think they probably have equal impact.

9. Snails

Snails New Member

10. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - I'm in catch-up mode...
    Did anyone manage to get a full copy of the Missing Person Registers FB post?
    The page is now unavailable :(

11. digitup

digitup New Member

eta copy

12. Aussie_expat.sg

Aussie_expat.sg Member

13. Consider

Consider New Member

BJ

Finally you are getting some rest.

Your dedication to Allison via WS is to be commended.

Sweet dreams.

14. Aussie_expat.sg

Aussie_expat.sg Member

sorry Digitup, not sure what you mean by "eta copy"

15. Topsy

Topsy New Member

"Last night Allison’s family told of their anguish at the appeal.
    “It’s been a difficult time for the family, just let her rest in peace,” one of Allison’s relatives told The Courier-Mail.
    Poor poor family. How much do they have to bear from this man who not only thinks only of himself but also seems to care little for what this is doing to his children.

16. MRSA

MRSA Member

Not quite ...

OP was quoting thechronicle.com.au - which was itself quoting documents filed by the defence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Daisyinthedesert

Daisyinthedesert Member

18. ollijack

ollijack Member

I agree truthseeker
    Totally wrong time to be SUBTLE.
    Playing word games is annoying. )8|

19. Curiousasacat

Curiousasacat New Member

This is why we love and need you here Doc. :loveyou:

20. HoolyDooly