The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

Jmo he probably rationalized it so that he was just taking what he deserved in the first place. Another way to look at it is that you only did something awful because someone else forced your hand or entrapped you (i.e. blame the victim)..."if she hadn't stood up to me I wouldn't have had to hurt her."

2. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Yes, it's justified in HIS mind.

3. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

'He was as cool as a cucumber'.
    After murdering his wife he could still be able to hide & cover his emotions.
    He should have been sleep deprived and a emotional wreck. But no.
    Isis? What kind of personality is this? No remorse. Psychopath!!!!

4. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

He's definitely exhibiting psychopathic traits. No conscience, no empathy, no remorse, the inability to even recognise that his behaviour was not that of somebody 'normal' after their wife has disappeared........he's not functioning in the same world of emotions as you and I.

Obviously he's also incredibly narcissistic. From what we know, I'm guessing he'd fit the diagnostic criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. And who knows what else?? Would LOVE to read the prison psych reports!!

The compulsive quality of his womanising and financial risk-taking are also indicative of a personality disorder.

All's not well with Mr Despicable!!:facepalm:

5. ilk28

ilk28 New Member

This is the only reference I have found about his employment ending at Flight Centre.

They came home for a "break" in 1999. Flight Centre lost one of its favourites when Allison left and they threw work at her the moment she returned.

Gerard applied for a job there too. He missed out the first time. Got his foot back in the door on his second try.

They offered him a contract developing their internet strategy. He lasted six months before the team was made redundant. The "strategy" hadn’t worked. He took them to court, tried suing for breach of contract, but got nowhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sp...966039458?nk=b86197cd9925a91fac20307a76c63d72

6. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Somewhere I read he'd scored $30,000 from Flight Centre.
    Anyone else remember??

7. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

BIB. Very good point there re prolonged stress impacts the functioning of the immune system. SO alongside the social/emotional support to the Dickies, let's hope that they have access to a qualified doctor who also practices nutritional medicine and can ensure that their diet and supplement intake addresses their immune system. This would be in the best interest all round IMO.

8. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Thanks. I wonder where that came from then?

9. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

It doesn't have a figure but

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Allison-takes-children-assets-left-her.html

10. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly New Member

Agreed Isis......however on a lighter note....I confess :blushing: Every time I see the word "despicable" I hear Daffy Duck saying it and LOL

11. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Allison-takes-children-assets-left-her.html

"...But records show despite his ambitions to become a Liberal Party politician, his self-appointed position as principal of his real estate business and supposed management skills, he was outshone by wife Allison Dickie, who he married in 1997".

"Allison Dickie had studied three languages at high school, was a rotary exchange student to Denmark at the age of 16, was vice captain of Ipswich Girls Grammar School, gained a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Psychology and Japanese, as well as a beauty title, Miss Brisbane. When she worked for Flight Centre, in just four years she was appointed global human resources manager and won Young Business Woman of the Year". These are outstanding achievements for a woman in those times IMO.

"Gerard Baden-Clay had studied business and accounting, but failed to finish studying to be a chartered accountant". This represents underachievement IMO having been advantaged by education at a Grammar school and being the great-grandson of Lord Baden-Powell, etc.

He was indeed outshone by Allison. Her achievements were earned by her.

Interesting that the under achiever married an outstanding achiever. Wonder how an under achiever copes with balancing the pressures of adult responsibility i.e. marriage, dependent wife, primary school aged children, finances & income, food, clothing, health care, maintaining house & running cars, school fees, utility bills, etc. Wife earns some income to supplement the family budget. Then when wife re-enters the workforce and looks likely to be a success, does the under achiever become competitive/jealous of the wife who is capable of high achievement? especially when one had hidden that he had under achieved and 'failed' in both work and marriage? How would an under achiever choose to solve these pressures?

IMO one would need to look to the past to see how the under achiever had been repeatedly bailed out in the past and by whom.

My opinion only.

12. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

LOL me too HoolyDooly!

13. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

That'sth desthpicable!! :lol:

14. Maigret

Maigret New Member

<modsnip>

Yes I have worked with people who were "dipping into the till" and it's a hard one to prove and usually they are just encouraged to leave (one was $12,000 with no repercussions for the person )

15. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Yes and in some cases they do it repeatedly. Even when they're caught on security cameras, opening the safe and putting the money in their wallet, somehow they wriggle out of any criminal charges.

16. Snails

Snails New Member

And mostly because it may cost the employer $$$ in legal expenses and time which = $$$ in a business sense. In most cases it's easier to get rid of them and lick your (financial loss) wounds.

17. JCB

JCB Active Member

Just a quick question, could someone please confirm or deny that the concrete ledge between the 2 pylons in this picture is the ledge that the prosecution stated that she was rolled off from?

ws.jpg

18. JCB

JCB Active Member

Thank you :)

19. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

I'm just checking the photos again I may have been wrong

20. Zorro

Zorro New Member

No, not the beam between to two round concrete pylons.

Closest man on the left - look how the front tip of his red hat coincides with a concrete foundation. There is a narrow concrete ledge created by that foundation on the other side of the bridge that this photo doesn't show because it is hidden around the corner to the left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.